• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arakiiel

Recommend me some games for PS3

33 posts in this topic

Since Persona 5 has been announced as a PS3 exclusive I've decided to buy a PS3(a bit late I know).

I've primarily been a PC gamer so I've missed out on most of most console exclusive games and I was wondering if anyone could recommend some games to tide me over to the release of Persona 5.

Would generally be more interested in shooters or RPGs.

Much obliged.

Ni No Kuni should be on your list as far as I'm concerned. If you like a great world and story Red Dead Redemption is always great.

Arakiiel likes this

Killzone 2 is a fine shooter! Didn't play the third one, only the demo so wouldn't know about that one.

Arakiiel likes this

if you really want good RPGs then sell your PS3, buy a PS2 and enjoy a whole world of good RPGs aside from Final Fantasy. About Shooter: Black for PS2, surpasses every Killzone, Call of Duty or Resistance for PS3.

just my 2 cents

get the "Mass Effect Trilogy!" notice that i said TRILOGY! not just ME2 and ME3 you might have to download number 1 for PS3 but if u can find the trilogy package then well done!

Ni No Kuni should be on your list as far as I'm concerned. If you like a great world and story Red Dead Redemption is always great.

Killzone 2 is a fine shooter! Didn't play the third one, only the demo so wouldn't know about that one.

Cheers guys!

get the "Mass Effect Trilogy!" notice that i said TRILOGY! not just ME2 and ME3 you might have to download number 1 for PS3 but if u can find the trilogy package then well done!

Already played them on PC haha  :P

I never played this myself but I also heard good stuff about Star Ocean: The Last Hope in regards of an RPG.

I don't know if you are into Diablo but the PS3 version is actually damn good and a lot of fun even if you not liked the PC version as much (there is a demo so maybe give it a try)

Also do yourself a favor and get PSN+. It's a bit late but you'll still get great games for free

(Leaving PS Plus:
27th November: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
27th November: Jak and Daxter Trilogy
27th November: MotorStorm RC
27th November: Oddworld Strangers Wrath

Entering PS Plus:
29th November: RESOGUN
29th November: Contrast
27th November: GRID 2
27th November: Guacamelee! (Cross Buy)
27th November: Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
27th November: Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories)

Is the list for the december update which includes titles for Vita and PS4 but still great value.

If you liked Dark Souls get Demon's Souls

Good exclusive shooters are rare on the PS3. Resistance was fine but nothing special and I never played Killzone

Arakiiel likes this

Well, Twisted Metal is just a given really.
I only played the demo but I was having mercilessly fun with it - my girlfriend smiled and giggled because I was just sitting there kicking with my legs like a 5 year old with a huge smile and lots of glee.

pureimagination and Arakiiel like this

For some reason I didn't like Twisted Metal. The last version that I played was World Tour and somehow I couldn't have the same fun with the latest version but may just be me

If you are getting the ps3 for exclusives I would recommend Infamous 1 and 2. As far as shooters go I Get Killzone 2, Only get 3 for cheap. Resistance 1-3 are solid shooters. Uncharted 1-3 are also good. Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls are some of the more unique games on the PS3. Some would say perhaps give White Knight Chronicles 1 and 2 a try (very much love them or hate them games.) As well as Valkeryia Chronicles is a very very good game!  While it's not a exclusive I would highly recommend Resonance of Fate too. Also the Yakuza games.

Arakiiel likes this

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma and Shadow of the Colossus.

Arakiiel likes this

It seems the best games for PlayStation 3 are PlayStation 2 games.

Eternal Sonata

Uncharted

Any of the Disgaea games 

Ratchet and Clank are always fun.

Arakiiel likes this

It seems the best games for PlayStation 3 are PlayStation 2 games.

Pretty much this.

I was so irked at buying a PS3 for ONE EFFIN GAME (I ended up hating) and basically used my PS2 more than the PS3....ugh.

Anyhoo I quite liked the Agarest War games, the story is kind of the same in a way threw out the trilogy thus far but im a fan of the battle system.

If you want to play Final Fantasy games play the older ones before XII... From XII to XIII-2 I have been horribly disappointed though some folks like the games I am really not one of them. FFXIII is more of an interactive movie than a game and the battle system plays itself.

Dragon Quest  games are good. PS2 or hand held.

Star Ocean games PS2 and PS3

Kingdom Hearts games. There are PS3 HD versions coming or out. I have no idea since I own the older versions and don't buy the updated versions of a game I already have unless the disc is faulty and I have to buy it.

Growlanser games ...again PS2

Any game promoted as Shin Megami Tensei (since even most persona games are labeled under this name in the USA). I am a big fan of Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga as well as Catherine, though this one is a plat former like puzzle game but SO worth the money.

Drakenguard 3 is coming to the PS3 in December

I would offer more games but I honestly don't know what ones have been console exclusives or not. Its almost sad but a lot of the games I have are handheld games or older ones.

Arakiiel likes this

The Kingdom Hearts HD remake collections.

Arakiiel likes this

As a fellow pc gamer who is getting more and more into consoles, I have found that Battlefield 3 is fun as hell.  It just takes forever getting used to the controller.

Arakiiel likes this

I'm going to try to stick to exlusives.

The Metal Gear series is a must. A great oldie for PS3 I'd recommend Heavenly Sword. A game that gets raves for good reasons is The Last of Us. I can't think of many exclusive RPG'(Don't understnad why Demon Soles gets the love it dose), The Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Dragon's Dogma (I think) were only ported to consoles, though I may be wrong. I'd also recommend Heavy Rain, Although it's the kind of game you play through once then never look at again. I' Sure there's more, and I my update this post later.

Arakiiel likes this

Here is a few that I play you might enjoy, although your mileage may vary depending on your tastes.

1. Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas (RPG and a shooter lol)

2. Tales of Xillia

3. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis collection (lol sega genesis games)

4. Any Dynasty Warriors game (though this is just me...)

Arakiiel likes this

Here is a few that I play you might enjoy, although your mileage may vary depending on your tastes.

1. Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas (RPG and a shooter lol)

2. Tales of Xillia

3. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis collection (lol sega genesis games)

4. Any Dynasty Warriors game (though this is just me...)

Dynasty warriors is beast haha

I'm guessing they're all still exactly the same? I haven't played since 6  :P

Well I can recomend Resistance: Fall of Man/ Resistance2 and Resistance 3, The Assassins creed Series, COD: Modern Warfare 1,2 & 3 as well as Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vagas and  Skyrim, Also Borderlands 1& 2 and Bioshock series and DCU online. and  Brutal legend also quite good. Hope these few are helpful for you I'm sure i could come up with a few others  also such as  the Dead space series.

Arakiiel likes this

oh wow I was thinking about this and I realised that there is quite a few games, to start let's get some of the obvious games out of the way. 

- Mass Effect series, if you haven't played this on PC you should get it for ps3, i mean its a third person shooter with a lot of RPG elements so that's a pretty no brainer I reckon. the game is seriously an emotional journey through all three games where your choices matter and make a difference through each game, a crew of characters that are both useful and people you care about and just a really fun game to play.

- Borderlands 1 or 2 (or both), another game on PC that if you don't have you should get, first person shooter that contains RPG elements, the story is never really it's strong suite in the first game but the second picks it back up and really uses it's wackiness to create these moments in this game where it surprises you and makes you really care. i've always found shooting games to be a lot more when there is a lot of customisation or just a lot of guns, this game has a BIllions of guns that are all different in someway and have different uses and specs but to be fair a quite a few are similar and what really changes is the stats sometimes.

- Valkyria Chronicle, probably one of the i think most under appreciated games on the PS3, its a shooter/strategy/RPG I think and its one of my favourites on PS3. so the game has a really unique gameplay/combat system that uses both strategy and shooting elements to give you this war like strategy game and put you right in the thick of it. the story is interesting but it might not be for everyone cause its kind of halfway between light hearted and serious due to its natural character nature but facces issues like racism and oppression which i think is really cool.

- Star Ocean, an RPG that i've loved since some of the other games in the series, its a action-RPG with a strong high paced combat system and a good storyline (not the best out of the series but still very good), i suggest you play the game with Japanese voices because you may learn how bad the English voices are.

- Uncharted series, I personally haven't played them but i've only heard good things so yeah probably give them a look.

- Kingdom hearts HD remake, great game in general, high speed action combined with a strong cast of Disney characters and FF characters that are lovable, the story is a lot deeper then it makes out to be which works really well and it just shows how much Square Enix can bring to a mostly Disney based game.

- The Last of us, probably one of the best if not the best game on the PS3, story wise it is strong and relateable and faces some very interesting scenarios, its one of those must plays if you own a PS3.

Arakiiel likes this