• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Best Retro Gaming Console   48 members have voted

1. 1. Best Retro Gaming Console

• NES
    • Sega Master System
    • SNES
    • Sega Genesis
    • N64
    • Sega Saturn
    • Sony Playstation

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 posts in this topic

Pick your favorite game from the console you picked

I picked Playstation, because, it was really the first time that I really got into RPGs

N64, The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.

Linkfan3 likes this

SNES, can't argue with Secret of Mana, Super Metroid, A Link to the Past, Super Mario World, Yoshis  Island, Turtles in Time, Earthbound, Ilusion of Time, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Mario Kart, Kirbys Fun Pack, F-Zero, StarWiung and the 'Super Star Wars'-Series. I like the N64, but its library of truly great games is way smaller...

I'd have to say the NES, SNES and N64. They still have games I like playing.

Nasty Note likes this

Most People Agree that the N64 Rulez

No offence but may this be a question of age? I grew up with the super nintendo, i got an n64 later, but it never seemed to hold the same amount of wonder and awe, that the SNES has had. Probably people who are 5-10 years younger than I am see the n64 pretty much in the same way.

I can't pick between SNES and N64. SNES has games like Goof Troop, Aladdin, Chrono Trigger, and Eartbound while the N64 has Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, and Banjo Kazooie. 

I picked the N64 mainly because of not only for nostalgia but it holds my favorite game of all time, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

I have to say that without the SNES we wouldn't have the diversity that we do today. The things they did with the limited technology was just phenomenal. The graphical limitations forced developers to focus on gameplay & story, leading to some of the most amazing games ever ( FF 2 & 3, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Link to the Past etc.)

I have to say that without the SNES we wouldn't have the diversity that we do today. The things they did with the limited technology was just phenomenal. The graphical limitations forced developers to focus on gameplay & story, leading to some of the most amazing games ever ( FF 2 & 3, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Link to the Past etc.)

God damn it! Macho Taco King, why are you making me choose one console? I quite literally own all of those and more and literally can't choose. I'll leave it blank, but I love retro gaming.

I took in consideration and I've made this poll multiple choice (though you can still pick one). Also some asked what I meant when I said, "best." I mean the console that was most influencal, and the most fun for you! 

I can't pick between SNES and N64. SNES has games like Goof Troop, Aladdin, Chrono Trigger, and Eartbound while the N64 has Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, and Banjo Kazooie. 

I've made it multiple choice

God damn it! Macho Taco King, why are you making me choose one console? I quite literally own all of those and more and literally can't choose. I'll leave it blank, but I love retro gaming.

I've made it multiple choice (again)

N64 all day that was my childhood

So, i've had a SNES, and it will be the pinnacle moment in my childhood when i first started gaming, but I was sooo young, like I don't even think my sister was born at the time so I mean that must mean it was years ago so i'm thinking 4 or 5. I came from a relatively underprivileged household, I didn't have a lot of things and i never realised till I got older how much of a struggle it was to beg for a sony playstation, so when I look back at it, it was the console that i really started to get into gaming and because we never had a lot and my parent's never understood the idea that the console needed games, for years i mostly rented and I had two games, 1 was spyro: gateway to glimmer which was birthday present and final fantasy IX which i my cousin lent me so that will always b e my retro console I guess.

PS i give props to N64 which i was given I think when I was like 9 as and first game was Ocarina of time and favourite party game smash bros and perfect dark

Oh wow...this one is a hard one for me. I grew up playing NES, SNES, N64, and PS1. Yeah, I was spoiled...and I have good memories stemming from all of them. I'm too young to remember NES too much besides the fact that I played it. The rest are good contenders but I'd have to say N64. It has one of my favorite retro games of all time, Zelda OOT. I was also a pretty anti-social kid with autism, but I managed to get a lot of guys (and even a girl! lol) to come over with Mario Party and Smash Bros. So N64 wins for me.

Nintendo 64. Many different reasons.

The console had some great games & it didn't have Online play so it's was a great thing to have if 4 friends just decided to come around, a game of Mario Party was always inevitable!

Here I thought the commodore or atari would be on the list; such a shame...I chose n64 because PS2 wasn't on there. Way too many memorable platformers on N64 I go back to all the time. Those and Goldeneye were my childhood.

SEGA! :)

Megadrive a.k.a genesis made my childhood!

SNES:Street fighter 2 tubo, i would always get to the last guy then die