• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Neufanator

Zelda: Link Between Worlds

14 posts in this topic

It might be too early for me to start posting about this since I haven't finished the game yet, but after putting in hours and hours I think I can safely say that this is a great entry into the Zelda series (and a good first entry for me, being a Zelda virgin).

[spoiler-Free]

Both the 3D effect and the music are very impressive and the gameplay mechanics are both balanced and enjoyable. Very early in the game you can choose to rent every equipment item for a very low price and explore more advanced dungeons earlier, netting greater rewards. However, if you die the merchant will take back any rented items and you'll have to pay the rental fee again to get them back. It's great motivation to take caution and not rush through particularly tricky spots. For a much higher fee you can outright purchase the items so you don't have to worry about losing them, but you'll need to save up a ton of rupees to own even a few items.

The new mechanic where you can transform yourself into a painting on a flat wall makes for some surprisingly deep gameplay; secret rooms can sometimes be found by squeezing through tiny slits in the walls and quicker to get over a pit or gap by flattening yourself against a wall and trotting over. The ability and all of the items depend on an energy bar that depletes quickly and regenerates slowly, so some care is needed; you may use your bow & arrow to take out enemies and have to quickly get to a moving platform by becoming a painting, but you'll fall to your death if you don't have enough energy to transition over. You have to constantly be aware of your situational limits, otherwise you'll suffer for it.

The combat and other gameplay mechanics are very smooth and easy to get into, delegating all of the inventory control through the touch-screen, with some simple shortcuts to efficiently swap gear to use.

I can't comment yet on the complete scope of the realm you play in or make any decisive conclusions on the characters since I haven't finished the game. There are a ton of points I could bring up, but they'd be major spoilers.

Highly recommend checking this game out for the 3DS. I may not be done, but as I mentioned I've already sunk hours and hours into it and I still have some big quests to take care of that'll take just as long to complete.

Anyone else currently playing this game? Anyone thinking of picking it up?

post-7517-0-63268200-1385494479_thumb.jp

It might be too early for me to start posting about this since I haven't finished the game yet, but after putting in hours and hours I think I can safely say that this is a great entry into the Zelda series (and a good first entry for me, being a Zelda virgin).

[spoiler-Free]

Both the 3D effect and the music are very impressive and the gameplay mechanics are both balanced and enjoyable. Very early in the game you can choose to rent every equipment item for a very low price and explore more advanced dungeons earlier, netting greater rewards. However, if you die the merchant will take back any rented items and you'll have to pay the rental fee again to get them back. It's great motivation to take caution and not rush through particularly tricky spots. For a much higher fee you can outright purchase the items so you don't have to worry about losing them, but you'll need to save up a ton of rupees to own even a few items.

The new mechanic where you can transform yourself into a painting on a flat wall makes for some surprisingly deep gameplay; secret rooms can sometimes be found by squeezing through tiny slits in the walls and quicker to get over a pit or gap by flattening yourself against a wall and trotting over. The ability and all of the items depend on an energy bar that depletes quickly and regenerates slowly, so some care is needed; you may use your bow & arrow to take out enemies and have to quickly get to a moving platform by becoming a painting, but you'll fall to your death if you don't have enough energy to transition over. You have to constantly be aware of your situational limits, otherwise you'll suffer for it.

The combat and other gameplay mechanics are very smooth and easy to get into, delegating all of the inventory control through the touch-screen, with some simple shortcuts to efficiently swap gear to use.

I can't comment yet on the complete scope of the realm you play in or make any decisive conclusions on the characters since I haven't finished the game. There are a ton of points I could bring up, but they'd be major spoilers.

Highly recommend checking this game out for the 3DS. I may not be done, but as I mentioned I've already sunk hours and hours into it and I still have some big quests to take care of that'll take just as long to complete.

Anyone else currently playing this game? Anyone thinking of picking it up?

Damn, I need to pick this up soon, been playing Zelda quite a bit this week and found my love for it again, and also welcome to the Zelda community! :D

Damn, I need to pick this up soon, been playing Zelda quite a bit this week and found my love for it again, and also welcome to the Zelda community! :D

Thanks! I felt I took far too long to get into the series, but better late than never I guess x3 I know my recommendation is really without much context in terms of the series as a whole, but the game has still been very fun and enjoyable. I'd say this is one of the main reasons to pick up a 3DS, won't be sorry

BloodshotFenrir likes this

I have only played through the first dungeon so far and I am so in love with this game. It does have the spirit of the SNES game with fresh new mechanics and twists.

I have only played through the first dungeon so far and I am so in love with this game. It does have the spirit of the SNES game with fresh new mechanics and twists.

It's not like a lot of new games that hold your hand; you actually have to figure out a lot of stuff on your own in this game. Awesome sense of accomplishment

Yes I am playing this. I am in love with this game too...... so many secrets, the dungeons and puzzles are well done and unique.

Today I entered a cave that is hidden in a waterfall and there was this monster. 

He gave me 5 rupees if I just leave, cause he doesn't want to talk to me?

I insisted on staying, so he gave me 20, then 50, then 100, then another 100, then he got mad and he attacked me!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

I exited the cave and re-entered and the monster recognized me! He was mad instantly and dashed towards me!  :lol:  

I quitted that session without saving, I didn't know what the right choice was. Next time I'll leave after he gives me 5 rupees. Maybe there's still some use for that guy/monster? :D I really dunno. Anyone been there before? It's in the darkworld, close to the 'Zoras domain', on the mappart of the witch actually :)

I rented this game and spent the next 5 games glued to my 3DS. It was a pretty good direction for the Zelda series.

I think the idea of the mirror universe of sorts is pretty interesting and they needed to step it up a bit to make the story darker

Today I entered a cave that is hidden in a waterfall and there was this monster. 

He gave me 5 rupees if I just leave, cause he doesn't want to talk to me?

I insisted on staying, so he gave me 20, then 50, then 100, then another 100, then he got mad and he attacked me!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

I exited the cave and re-entered and the monster recognized me! He was mad instantly and dashed towards me!  :lol:  

I quitted that session without saving, I didn't know what the right choice was. Next time I'll leave after he gives me 5 rupees. Maybe there's still some use for that guy/monster? :D I really dunno. Anyone been there before? It's in the darkworld, close to the 'Zoras domain', on the mappart of the witch actually :)

Yeah I found that guy. I actually did it twice, the first time I died. Then later when I came back I realised I could just walk out :P So yeah I stole his money oh well. :/ ALSO THAT IS KIND OF SPOILERS^^^

I am hopefully going to get this for/after Christmas.

I finished the game last week, now I need to find 6 more heartpieces to be on 100%... I allready have 100 Miamis... and my god, the reward is so OP :D...

It's a great game, maybe a little bit to easy compared to the original, but lots of fun... plus there is an expert mode.

I finished the game last week, now I need to find 6 more heartpieces to be on 100%... I allready have 100 Miamis... and my god, the reward is so OP :D...

It's a great game, maybe a little bit to easy compared to the original, but lots of fun... plus there is an expert mode.

Oh good there is an expert mode >_< I thought it was a bit easy too and was looking forward to their being a harder difficulty after I beat it but I wasn't sure.... I have only one sage left. The one that involves the sand rod. But I haven't been playing lately because I got distracted playing la noire and ratchet and clank a crack in time >.< I don't want it to end though. I hope you can still continue playing after you beat the game? I dont want to miss out on secrets and I want all the miamis

Well you can just go back to your last saved status before you face the final boss.

Just finished this game last night. Holy crap, what a game. Definitely a reason to get a 3DS