• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alaugh0601

Family Guy's Big Change ( Spoilers For The Latest Episode, The Life Of Brian)

7 posts in this topic

A couple days ago the creators of Family Guy decided to kill of Brian Griffin.  FANTASTIC IDEA THERE GUYS, and I am not be sarcastic in the freakin' slightest, if there was one aspect of Family Guy I hated, it's Brian.  One if the reasons people have called it quits with the show is all the political soapboxey moments, which all came from Brian.  So what's is the reaction of the people? " YOU SICK BASTARDS, YOU BETTER BRING BRIAN BACK OR I'M NEVER WATCHING FAMILY GUY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"      ( Except there would be like 15 grammatical errors ).  Okay, I understand you are upset but maybe you're overreacting just a bit.  For example a found a petition to bring him back and it has 59,000 supporters with this description. ( and I'm ripping this straight from the page, if you don't believe me click this link)  http://www.change.org/petitions/seth-macfarlane-and-fox-broadcasting-company-bring-brian-griffin-back-to-family-guy

"The writers of family guy didn't just kill off one of their creations, they killed off the dog who has lived in our homes for the last 15 years. They killed the dog we all have come to love. They killed America's dog!"

"America's Dog" it is a freaking fictional character, you are saying a fictional dog represents an entire nation, that is the stupidest, narrow minded, nonsensical thing I've ever heard.  Question, where is all of the uproar for citizens in third-world countries that are on the brink of starving, nope just for a dog in a cartoon, why are people so stupid? 

4 Minutes after I posted this the petition reached 61,000 supporters, why even do anything different or exciting when people are just gonna mad and demand you change it, so much for actually making a big change in a T.V. show. 

For more opinions:

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/8864-family-guy-life-of-brian-spoiler-warning/

You seem to be as narrow minded as they are. You're bringing in stuff that has NOTHING to do with Brian's death and people's desire for him to come back. Seriously, you're using the third world to guilt trip them into stopping. Don't do that. And as for "America's dog" I don't believe they meant it as "He represents America" as much as they meant "America loves him"

Personally, I've come to enjoy Brian despite his short comings. I was saddened that he (a fictional character) passed away. Stewie and Brian's dynamic was pretty much what made the show. And now he's dead. It's sad, but I'm willing to see where Seth takes his show. You may not, but I do.

Well I actually despise Family Guy with a burning seething hatered, BUT I wanted to say something.

In the world of Comics, no one ever truly stays dead.
I don't think he is permadead. They'll probably do some time-travel thing in a later episode or so and reset the status quo.
But, as I said, I don't like the show but at least let me phrase it like this - See it from this way, at least this is therefore now, a Show, where something permanent have happened. Not many sitcoms/cartoon-coms can say that.

For more opinions:

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/8864-family-guy-life-of-brian-spoiler-warning/

You seem to be as narrow minded as they are. You're bringing in stuff that has NOTHING to do with Brian's death and people's desire for him to come back. Seriously, you're using the third world to guilt trip them into stopping. Don't do that. And as for "America's dog" I don't believe they meant it as "He represents America" as much as they meant "America loves him"

Personally, I've come to enjoy Brian despite his short comings. I was saddened that he (a fictional character) passed away. Stewie and Brian's dynamic was pretty much what made the show. And now he's dead. It's sad, but I'm willing to see where Seth takes his show. You may not, but I do.

When I mentioned the third world all I meant was people are showing more love and care into something fictional rather than a real world , as for the "America's Dog" thing it's all up to interpretation and even if theu did mean America loved him that's generalizing  that every single american loved Brian like they would a real dog, and I am willing to tale a look at a few newer episodes, as I said I didn't like Brian and I think people are jumping the gun on their opinion of the new dog who had about 10 minutes on screen which in my opinion at least is a bit too short a span of time to make a judgement on a character. 

While I disapprove of the decision, it's not out of emotion but creative direction.

Like it or not, Brian, more specifically the dynamic of Brian and Stewie was one of, if not the best thing the show had. If the intent was to "shake things up", I believe there were better ways of doing this than ruining a key part of the show.

Now, maybe they're doing weird things and are bringing him back, which makes that whole episode pointless. Or maybe they keep him dead, try to push this new character and it falls on its face.

Maybe, just maybe the new character turns out great and gives the show a bit of new life, but I don't think they needed to kill off Brian to achieve that.

Ultimately, no one knows and time will tell.

I'm not up in arms, I'm not gonna sign a petition to bring him back i'm just waiting to see what happens in the coming weeks.

tumblr_mnyan7Cnh31suy96eo1_500.gif