• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

RavagerCarnifex

favorite comic book characters.

Favorite character roles.   41 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite character role?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 posts in this topic

Most of us it not all of us know Joe's favorite comic book hero is super man. My question is who is your favorite? This doesn't pertain to only hero's, you can list villains and anti-hero's as well.

For added fun I made a poll to see who you guys like more, hero's villains or anti-hero's.

Personally I'm a real big fan of Anti-hero's due to the fact that they aren't goodie goodie saviors or all powerful masters of evil, they are a balance of good and evil.

My number one favorite character has got to be Deathstroke AKA Slade or Slade Wilson. I can't really put my finger on why i like him so much but i know it's not a sudden "everyone loves this character because [insert reason here]." I think it has to do with the fact he is more of a bad guy than he is an Anti-hero even though assassins are widely considered Anti-hero's.

Deathstroke himselfBatman-Arkham-Origins-Deathstroke-Pose.j

My self painted deathstroke mask.

YVa9JcE.jpg

Anti-hero! cause when some is a dick to you! you can chop of his dick >;D but when some is nice to you, you dont have to be the big hero you just act cool

Anti-Venom

Molecule Man

Psylocke

Deadpool

Dr. Strange

(Robert Downy Jr.) Iron Man

Rogue

Wolverine

In that order.

I like heroes, villains, and anti-heroes alike. For a good story, gotta need 'em protags and antags!

I like heroes, villains, and anti-heroes alike. For a good story, gotta need 'em protags and antags!

You can have a universe of all Anti-hero's. they are one part good guy one part bad guy. For example Deathstroke and the Punisher both are anti-hero's with different moral out of speculation I'd think the Punisher wouldn't be very fond of dear old Deathstroke and he may in fact try and kill him or "Punish" him as the Punisher would put it.

I do love a good Villain so i do agree with you, except with the hero part, I'm not to fond of them.

Well I like anti heroes  when i was a kid before he got famous it was Wolverine  but then i made my own hero Blackwolf

BLACKWOLF.jpg

kfj1.png

this char has a full story and is getting his own comic in 2014

You can have a universe of all Anti-hero's. they are one part good guy one part bad guy. For example Deathstroke and the Punisher both are anti-hero's with different moral out of speculation I'd think the Punisher wouldn't be very fond of dear old Deathstroke and he may in fact try and kill him or "Punish" him as the Punisher would put it.

I understand that, but...

What I meant was:

You need a protagonist and an antagonist for a good story (imo).

Protagonist = main/central character

Antagonist = force/character that's against the protagonist

All of which can be interchangeable. Protag can be a villain, and the antag could be a good guy. Etc.

Black Wolf looks like evil Strider.

I understand that, but...

What I meant was:

You need a protagonist and an antagonist for a good story (imo).

Protagonist = main/central character

Antagonist = force/character that's against the protagonist

All of which can be interchangeable. Protag can be a villain, and the antag could be a good guy. Etc.

Very true, can't have a story without protag and an antag.

LOBO, Batman and Deadpool are my favs

Venom.

He's an anti hero.

He's an antagonist so he is labeled a villain, but really he just hates Spider man.

He's an antagonist so he is labeled a villain, but really he just hates Spider man.

He's done good things in the past and helped Spiderman sometimes, though honestly I haven't read the comics in a while so I dunno really.

The ultimate anti-hero JUDGE DREDD!!!  A good guy who is a total badass is how John Wagner creator of Dredd described him.

He's done good things in the past and helped Spiderman sometimes, though honestly I haven't read the comics in a while so I dunno really.

His hate for Spider man is a confirmed thing, and he has helped him when it was convenient.

The ultimate anti-hero JUDGE DREDD!!!  A good guy who is a total badass is how John Wagner creator of Dredd described him.

I totally saw this coming, and i do agree he is an amazing Anti-hero and one of my faves for sure.

No particular order they all just simply rock.

Deathstroke

Iron Man

Gambit

Cyclops

Batman

That Deathstroke in the list makes me a happy panda.

That Deathstroke in the list makes me a happy panda.

Haha, yeah he is the epitome of bad assery.

John Constantine is my favourite. He's done some truly dreadful things but has clearly suffered the consequences of them more than once and it's made him a better character for it.

John Constantine is my favourite. He's done some truly dreadful things but has clearly suffered the consequences of them more than once and it's made him a better character for it.

I love it when people throw out characters i don't know about, helps me expand my knowledge.

Seeing a mod post in one of my topic also makes me a happy panda.

Spider-Man.......

I just want one continually continuous Spider-Man comic were he doesn't die.

I just want one continually continuous Spider-Man comic were he doesn't die.

I was never really into Spider man so him being dead is news to me.

HM...western heroes and villains?

I guess Batman and the Punisher (the move version was OK). Who else? Hmm...... Dunno.

I'm not that big into comics/manage, I mostly stick to TV/animated shows and movies, so I'm probably missing some comic character development. From what various comics I did read, I wasn't impressed really...or to put it more accurately, I found most SH comics to be horrible.

From eastern (anime/manga) characters....Hurr..... tough call

If I had to pick... then this guy:

http://www.animehere.com/saint-seiya-omega-episode-76.html

Not the main character, and of the main cast he has the least screen time...but he steals the show every time he appears. And he makes Vegeta look like a pussy.

Lobo

Grifter (WSU not DCNU)

Jack Marlowe

Invincible

The entire cast of Morning Glories

The Will

Lying Cat.

Stormwatch:Team Achilles

There are others, this is just the tip of the iceberg