• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
el_rubi3

How bad is a duo lane mid

13 posts in this topic

I am seeing this happen once or twice here and there.
How bad is to do this? or better sead when is viable to do this?

Viable if your team comp sacrificed picking up a proper mid hero.  It isn't terrible but honestly most dual mids in pub games result from 2 people who picked heroes that need their own lane so they both go mid while yelling at each other.  Back in the day in early dota the competitive meta was always 2 mid 2 long lane 1 carry on short lane but it shifted away as people started prioritizing supporting the carry.  People who go ballistic over dual mid are usually just stupid because they think there is only one way to play the game.

Another reason why you usually don't have dual mid is because of how short the distance is from the tower.  This makes first bloods unlikely in midlane with such a short distance to safety making it significantly more viable to leave only 1 hero there while a dual lane happens in the side lanes because much more chasing room.

Triangler likes this

Dual mid lane is very situational but actually viable.

As Zettai said, having a dual mid means you don't have a proper mid laner so you either have to draft a team that doesn't need one or shift that role on one of the other lanes, for example Puck or QoP can work fine in the offlane, even more with the creep equilibruim change from 6.79.

The main situation where a dual mid is a good option is when the enemy team drafts a really strong mid hero that you need to shut down but you can't on a 1vs1 situations, like Kunkka or Outworld Devourer.

However running a dual mid lane requires a coordinated team that understands what that means, you can't just get into a pub game alone or with one friend and hope to run a successful duo lane mid, it may happens but not that easily.

You need to keep in mind that having a dual mid will make your other lanes weaker, perhaps even more that having a jungler

Also the opposing mid hero will have and XP advantage on you even if you can contenst his last hits, because the mid lane usually is not a good kill lane, with the lower ground disadvantage and the towers being so close, which means that if you are facing mid hero that doesn't relie on items but on levels to do his job, by duo laning you actually givin him an advantage, heroes like these can be Invoker, Puck or QoP.

In the end we can say that Duo Laning mid is extremly situational but can work fine if done properly

Viable if your team comp sacrificed picking up a proper mid hero.  It isn't terrible but honestly most dual mids in pub games result from 2 people who picked heroes that need their own lane so they both go mid while yelling at each other.  Back in the day in early dota the competitive meta was always 2 mid 2 long lane 1 carry on short lane but it shifted away as people started prioritizing supporting the carry.  People who go ballistic over dual mid are usually just stupid because they think there is only one way to play the game.

Another reason why you usually don't have dual mid is because of how short the distance is from the tower.  This makes first bloods unlikely in midlane with such a short distance to safety making it significantly more viable to leave only 1 hero there while a dual lane happens in the side lanes because much more chasing room.

Had this happen to me one time and it actually turned out great, we won the match! But what happened was that I went to mid lane with Luna or Mirana (don't remember which) and this guy chooses Storm spirit late and calls mid way late cuz I was already there and the match was already starting. I didn't want to give it up cuz he was being a dick about it so I told him "Hell no, get your own lane!" He still comes mid lane and we actually pulled it off pretty well. I believe we were facing a pudge and he got beasted on.

So is it viable? I would say yes but with exception! Yer gonna have to work your ass off and get some kills on that mid lane hero! And one of you could  always go gank offlane or bot lane.

I think it is definitely viable, but I think so only if you are really confident that the enemy mid will try to kill one of you.    The only time I have ever seen a dual mid work is vs a pudge and also vs a clock, because they make the mistake of trying to kill one of you.  If you build starting items properly (STATS PEOPLE, STATS), then you can probably survive the rot/cogs/whatever long enough for your teammate to get the kill.  The only exception to this rule is a combo like aa+slark, shadow demon+axe, or disruptor+wd that can hold the enemy in place for an extended period of time and have a very high burst damage output.

Support can go "secure" the rune, dual lane destroys some really strong 1vs1 heroes (like OD), you can kill easily and you can have some nice combos (AM + CM mid was legit as hell). But your support won't get that much, he could be missed elsewhere, he cannot really leave (suddenly you are level 3 and enemy is level 5 - yeah, not good laning anymore), but it can really work out. Nearly everything is viable. In some situations.

Fanatik played Dual Mid Wisp + Tiny vs TA. It's situational line up against Heroes you really want to put down in their strong mid lane. Other from that it has no point. That line is best for one hero. Sure having there 2 makes it easier. That means one of our other lines will be harder. You decide if that is worth it.

This game,  406648945  , will show you a dual-mid that worked. Pick up 2 stuns, block them from running and it's a fun time, but you do need to communicate it well.

This was one of our regular guild in-house games.

I never see a duo mid really success, because well, they're just yelling each other

As I said, communication is key ;) We did it over skype.

2 mid is not that bad ! (if its intended to be a 2 mid) combining a strong mid with a support hero to harass the enemy out of xp range and to be the bottle carrier, run around getting the runes and  gangking the other lain's. The downside is that he will leach xp form the dedicated mid hero.

Double mid lane actually works quite often and throws the opposing team off balance. It can force the opposing team to play by your strategy which at times forces one of their side lanes to go mid to assist. If you're going to attempt 2 mid make sure your off-lane allies are able to support themselves in 2v1 situations.

Dual line mid was viable some time ago (CK+Wisp, Lich+some mid against stronger mid for example), but for now they are really rare and mostly don't work.

I mean competitive DotA ofc  :)

But I didn't watch any DotA tournaments for about a week or a two, so maybe something could change, but I doubt it  :)