• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

JacenFanel

Anime - What made you cry? (SPOILER THREAD)

61 posts in this topic

A lot of scenes in Utawarerumono made me cry.

The ending to Rurouni Kenshin's first OVA Tsuihohen I think it was called, and subsequently the last one where he is old.

At least one episode in MS Igloo made me cry.

I can't really keep a check on all.

When bobobobobobobo ended with no ending never saying who one (god I loved that show)

So what is everyone's favorite scene in Anime that's made you cry?

For me, one is The Going Merry's funeral in One Piece

Going merry's funeral was sad i did shed few tears when i read the manga, not so much in the anime but i think thats i had got that out of my system 

Didn't quite cry, but I did feel really sad, in Another the ending of The Event. I won't say much more because spoilers and it is a mystery sort of thing.

The last scean between Chi and Hideki in Choits.

Clannad made me cry like baby, (But hey, it's clannad) And the first Anime that made me cry was actually Mirai Nikki. That ending :c

When Spike dies in Cowboy Bebop. Just thinking of it puts me down

Shae likes this

When Spike dies in Cowboy Bebop. Just thinking of it puts me down

Agreed. But put it in a spoiler, man. This ruins the end for people that haven't seen it yet :P

Agreed. But put it in a spoiler, man. This ruins the end for people that haven't seen it yet :P

Crap I didnt think of that. Sorry everybody

My eyes watered during the first and second episodes of Mushishi (sooooo beautiful), as well as during Voices of a Distant Star, 5cm Per Second and parts of Wandering Son. I can't remember if Whisper of the Heart also got me, but it's worth a mention either way, as is Berserk, which got close to dragging tears out of me when Griffith was tempted to become Femto with the illusion of what his life would otherwise be.

I Haven't seen Clannad yet, but I expect to be reduced to mush ;_;

TrashMan likes this

A few parts throughout SAO got me pretty close. Not sure if I ever shed tears during an anime however.

Pft. All that made you guys sad? Pshhh, some of those are a day in Disney Land compared to these. Although Clannad was sad... I'll give you that.

Trigun

When Nicholas dies... and Milly cries... Oh... the feels.

Cowboy Bebop

When Julia dies... Spike is so heart broken. And then Faye's feelings are hurted when Spike tells her off... And then Spike dies after making everyone in that tower his bitch.

Gun Grave

Gun Grave in general was just sad.... So sad... The final episode got me tearing up. The ending credits for the final episode was the last stick of dynamite to destroy my dam of tears. If you havn't seen it, how dare you read this and spoil it for yourself! WATCH IT!

In Claymore when:

Priscilla kills Teresa. It was so unexpected and shocking.

In Code Geass when:

Lelouche is forced to kill Euphy after he wanted to make a truce with her. Also when Lelouche found out he killed Shirley's father during one of his battles and Shirley broke down because of it.

In Gundam 00 when:

Lockon Stratus died.

When Ace died in One Piece but not the actual death but Luffy crying about it later

Lelouch's death at the end   

The ending of Angel Beats Yuri's speech to break out of the spell

When Jiraiya died '-'

FMA: Brotherhood:

Hughes' funeral,

Angel Beats:

When Yui moved on

Otonashi's freakout after Kanade moved on

Madoka Magica:

Mami's death

Sayaka falling into despair because of Kyousuke (related to that: the girls' realization of the true nature of Kyubey's contracts), and ultimately

becoming a witch.

The truth about Homura, namely that 

She's a time traveller who has relived the events of the series at least 100 times (according to the writer), all to save Madoka. Inadvertently, she also made Madoka's fate worse by doing so, twisting the knife further

The ending, where

Homura, unable to defeat Walpurgisnacht, contemplates if her mission really was pointless, and almost falls into despair before being stopped by

Madoka, who sacrifices her very existence and uses her vast potential as a magical girl to become the embodiment of hope, destroying every witch before they could ever be created. Everything that follows had me doing an impression Niagra Falls.

Jackie likes this

There is an Anime Series called Magnitude 8. It's the only Anime I've ever watched that I got choked up over. 

I try to stay from Anime like that. Other than that, I can't really remember which ones, but I know there have been some that made my throat choke up.

Anybody else bawl their eyes out in Wolf's Rain when 

Toboe died?

I know I did. 
The ending of Cowboy Bebop got me too. #ugly crying