• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Weynard

Pony Thread

2,611 posts in this topic

The only people inciting controversy are those who are needlessly attacking a thread/topic/group of people when they could use some common sense and move along ignoring it.

It's a hard concept I know, but I do it all the time and it works wonders not having to deal with thing I don't care for.

These threads are like literally holding up a sign that says "Ponies are amazing, I don't care what you think, try to argue with me and you'll get arrested!" or something like that... It's troll bait... It's always been troll bait...

It's like religious or political threads on any unsanctioned forum, no one posts these because they genuinely want to have a sane discussion about their ideals and views with serious individuals, they post them because they know exactly what is going to happen... They post them because they want attention, they want to say what they feel about something and then when someone comes in who has completely opposing views it becomes a witch hunt on them...

It's same story every time this happens, on every forum in existence than isn't related to actual controversial topics like this... It's all just...

KRaeaRe.gif

this^ with the inevitable threat of moderator action when people come into the thread as intended and act just as expected in opposition... It's all a troll...

These thread should be locked the second they are opened or noticed by a moderator, it just causes unneeded problems and results in people getting in trouble for no good reason...

Nya' if you hadn't insulted people wanting to post images and discuss a cartoon there wouldn't have been an issue. Stop discussing the merits of the thread.

ArticWolf likes this

These threads are like literally holding up a sign that says "Ponies are amazing, I don't care what you think, try to argue with me and you'll get arrested!" or something like that... It's troll bait... It's always been troll bait...

It's like religious or political threads on any unsanctioned forum, no one posts these because they genuinely want to have a sane discussion about their ideals and views with serious individuals, they post them because they know exactly what is going to happen... They post them because they want attention, they want to say what they feel about something and then when someone comes in who has completely opposing views it becomes a witch hunt on them...

It's same story every time this happens, on every forum in existence than isn't related to actual controversial topics like this... It's all just...

KRaeaRe.gif

this^ with the inevitable threat of moderator action when people come into the thread as intended and act just as expected in opposition... It's all a troll...

You know, you might've had a point if your addition to this thread was anything more than "BRONIES ARE RETARDED!!!!111!!" If you'd have offered actual criticisms about the show instead of just insulting it's fans, and if we'd still told you to GTFO, you might have been right about us trolling. But, that's not what happened- you insulted us, and we responded in the manner we are supposed to. 

Also, if you're so adamant we're just doing this for attention, riddle me this: WHY ARE YOU GIVING IT TO US? Does the expression "don't feed the trolls" mean nothing to you? I'm starting to think I should take my own advice there, come to think of it.

Yeah, taking my own advice sounds like the best course of action right now.

Nya' if you hadn't insulted people wanting to post images and discuss a cartoon there wouldn't have been an issue. Stop discussing the merits of the thread.

I didn't insult anyone, I stated the origin of this entire trend, how it spawned into existence... If people get insulted by the origin of what they celebrate and like that is really not my problem or my doing on any account... This is exactly what I am talking about... It's like a self-fulfilling prophecy...

Either way, I digress, do whatever it is you guys are going to do, I'm not going to be the last person to come in here and say things like this, it's just a problematic topic and always has been... Have fun...

4brvoHL.png

I didn't insult anyone, I stated the origin of this entire trend, how it spawned into existence... If people get insulted by the origin of what they celebrate and like that is really not my problem or my doing on any account... This is exactly what I am talking about... It's like a self-fullfilling prophecy...

You implied that the fans of the series and creator of this thread was mentally handicapped, you're saying the thread is troll bait,

and you seem to be saying that you posted in this thread knowing it would cause problems and moderator action against you.

You didn't need to come in this Topic, you didn't need to post in it and in that post you didn't need to be insulting.

You've already ignored Dogfish's warning, I advise you to stop posting in this thread unless you are intentionally trying to cause problems and to make things worse for yourself.

You implied that the fans of the series and creator of this thread was mentally handicapped, you're saying the thread is troll bait,

and you seem to be saying that you posted in this thread knowing it would cause problems and moderator action against you.

You've already ignored Dogfish's warning, I advise you to stop posting in this thread unless you are intentionally trying to cause problems and to make things worse for yourself.

I'll level with you guys, I didn't imply these people here in particular, in a following post I specifically said...

"This has nothing to do with people around here man, that is just how it was and is in general everywhere."

I'm not point fingers, I'm not saying people can't enjoy these things, I just simply stated it was a bad fetish joke that somehow got taken seriously by people who didn't understand what was going on and then turned it into a real thing and a bandwagoning trend. Sure I could have worded things a little less rigidly but hey, I'm just not that type of person, I'm blunt, I don't use G rated words all the time because they just don't seem to have the effect they should...

P.S. I didn't ignore Dogfish's warning, I further elaborated on what was not being understood, I'm not bashing anyone, I'm not trying to insult anyone, this is all being taken far out of context... People need to be a bit less sensitive on the Internet, it's adsurdly fake behavior...

Continue whatever it is you people do...

Hey. I don't know what your problem is. If you don't like ponies, stay out of this thread. It is not meant to incite opposition, it is supposed to be a thread for fellow bronies to hang out and appreciate their favorite show. These threads are not created with the mindset that haters will appear, but they do nonetheless, because people like you cannot contain their immature rage and intolerance against anything defying the spectrum of what is socially acceptable. The reason why pony threads tend to go "out of hand" is not because of ponies but because of haters who cannot seem to stay away. Your entirely made-up opinion that these are "troll bait" shows how little you value your fellow posters' preferences and indeed the other members of the AJA. Your posts are needless, insulting, offensive and are nothing but a discriminating, worthless detriment to the community. To make things worse, I cannot believe you actually have the audacity and lack of respect to post stuff like this in a thread created by a Game Officer. This is a final warning to you and anyone else who wishes to test my patience:

If I see one more of you discriminating against any fandom, be prepared to face the ban hammer. We don't need people like you here and we will remove you.

Permanently, if need be.

And don't you think for one second being the member of some donator's club is going to save you. It's not.

And below this line, we will now stay ON TOPIC.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lDkOxT6.jpg

Shiirow likes this

So, trolls aside, what'd everyone think of the season premiere? 

I thought it was pretty good (maybe not as good as Season 2's premiere, which was my favorite), and I'm optimistic that it'll set the bar for the rest of the season.

I enjoyed the season premiere. I can't wait to see where it goes from here. Hopefully it will get those still complaining about season 3 to give it a rest.

I enjoyed the season premiere. I can't wait to see where it goes from here. Hopefully it will get those still complaining about season 3 to give it a rest.

Agreed. Wasn't a fan of S3 myself, and I'm hoping that it'll remain the low point of the series. Pretty optimistic it will, actually.

Season 3 wasn't really that bad. I really enjoyed the opening of Season 4 though (especially the scenes from the past!), I hope we see more of this. Oh, and on that note, I don't think anything will ever beat Discord...

138310938996.png

And now excuse me for a bit, I have a squad to run :3

Season 3 had some hit or miss moments, but all in all I thought it was pretty good. I just didn't like how the season ended. I don't mean the Twilicorn, that part I'm ok with, but honestly that should have been a two part episode. It seemed like it went by way to fast and they just kind of smashed everything together without thinking of pacing.

It's not even really that I thought it was bad, per se- it was moreso that it didn't have as many episodes that I liked in comparison to the first two seasons. And, like Jim2D said, the ending was pretty rushed.

It's not even really that I thought it was bad, per se- it was moreso that it didn't have as many episodes that I liked in comparison to the first two seasons. And, like Jim2D said, the ending was pretty rushed.

True stuff. The ending also seemed more like something that could have been a movie. The plot was there, just not ironed out too well. The aria, however, was amazing. Also, here are some ponies for your enjoyment:

136383265651.png136383254595.png136383237928.png135596512696.jpg135391095719.jpg135249311817.png135241822843.jpg134888617544.jpg134865081320.jpg134864831266.jpg134864826276.jpg134864209507.jpg134748763753.jpg134748762698.jpg

Glad to see some moderation finally came, to bad I cannot post pictures in this thread anymore. Oh well, might as well enjoy the ponies

Glad to see some moderation finally came, to bad I cannot post pictures in this thread anymore. Oh well, might as well enjoy the ponies

Huh, that's weird.

makeamlpversiontheysaid.jpg

mlp-even-pinkie-pie-doesnt-find-that-fun

Seems to be working fine for me. Maybe try clearing your cache? Not sure if that'll help, but that's what I usually do when things get screwy.

I would first like to apologise to those who posted in this thread and have taken such needless abuse from fellow forum members. Secondly I'd like to issue a warning to anyone who would post in this thread just to insult their fellow forum user, you will get either a warning or a commander deciding whether or not you'll be banned.

You didn't need to come in this Topic, you didn't need to post in it and in that post you didn't need to be insulting.

Any more posts intent on purely insulting a fellow member of the forum will be dealt with seriously. Have your differences with them but don't insult them.

Wait wait, people took me serious? 

I thought it was a internet law that as soon as there is a brony thread there has to be some1 posting anti brony pictures?

Man i should have gone with spiderderail tactics.

I thought it was a internet law that as soon as there is a brony thread there has to be some1 posting anti brony pictures?

Let's be honest here... you knew exactly what was gonna happen. Hate on the internet is never taken well. Specially be fandoms like Bronies or Furries or many modern game fandoms. 

You have to realize that, on the internet, it can be impossible to tell when someone's serious or not. Thus the existence of:

438px-Not-sure-if-serious-or-just-trolli

And no, I was not just looking for and excuse to post another pony picture and have it make sense.  :P

Arc likes this

You have to realize that, on the internet, it can be impossible to tell when someone's serious or not. Thus the existence of:

And no, I was not just looking for and excuse to post another pony picture and have it make sense.  :P

You doubt me?

tumblr_lxpm53zK0f1qh01r8o1_500.gif

Seems to be working fine for me. Maybe try clearing your cache? Not sure if that'll help, but that's what I usually do when things get screwy.

Doesn't work, sadly.  

You doubt me?

Hey, I'm just saying.

Doesn't work, sadly.  

mlfw3539-1331408010099.jpg

Indifferent to MLP in general, I used to hate it but figured out it was a waste of time to actively hate it. Some of my RL friends like it and I just learned to coexist with it.

J2D likes this

So, purely out of curiosity (hope I don't end up like the cat), what is a "brony" per say? Is it in the same catagory of "Furries" or a different thing all together? Do folk such as yourselves want to become like the characters in these pictures you put up with hooves and tails (doubt it but still wondering) or is that a minority? I hope I'm not wording this overly poorly. Just want a brief description to cancel out personal ignorance regarding this... Fandom you said?