• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Judge Lazar

WTF is wrong with people

97 posts in this topic

This is depressing and infuriating all at the same time.  My friend always says "I don't see how dumb slow zombies take over the world" and the reason is this right here.  Imagine if that was a different situation. When people start acting like wild animals over random objects and mob mentality takes over, imagine if these people were trying to get food to survive. It's easy to see how the world could end easily to zombies.

People panic and start acting crazy. It becomes every man for himself. Just goes to show that humans are nothing more than animals.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/28/walmart-fight-black-friday_n_4357939.html?ir=Business

Also, men keep your wallet in an inside pocket if possible, women dont bring in your whole purse, just get something that is small enough to tuck away somewhere.

Situations like this are a pick pockets dream and they WILL be out there. So everyone just be careful and keep your wits about you.

I think what's so disgusting about these situations is what's on the line here: luxury goods. It's different when crowds become belligerent for survival reasons - we see it happen all the time during relief efforts (Haiti, Cebu, etc.) But here, fights and death carry on over TVs and video games. Because free market capitalism.

I think what's so disgusting about these situations is what's on the line here: luxury goods. It's different when crowds become belligerent for survival reasons - we see it happen all the time during relief efforts (Haiti, Cebu, etc.) But here, fights and death carry on over TVs and video games. Because free market capitalism.

Disgusting is the perfect word to describe it.

What is the "Black Friday"?

Jeremyjahns made a perfect video about this.

All I can say: cheapskates.

Oh btw, is the tv burn mark gone now man?

Yeah it seems to have faded away,   I watched Apocalypse Now and when that was over I couldnt see it.

On a side note, this TV really sucks. I was on the TV menu changing settings for 2 minutes and I could see parts of the menu. Supposedly the TV has anti burn  pixel shifting. Which adjusts every pixel a miniscule  difference, but it doesn't seem to work.

Kaz32 likes this

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving, a holiday in the USA. Stores have big sales on a lot of stuff, and people go nutty trying to get a good price.  This happens every year too.  There's been fights,  and stabbings before.

The craziest think I saw was a lady trying to get a childs doll. Somebody beat her to it by a few seconds and the first lady attacked the other lady.

Here is a compilation of what it looks like.

The day after thanksgiving (Thanksgiving is always the last thursday of november, so Black Friday is always a Friday).

It's called Black Friday because:

From an economic stand point, black = good (you're making money). Red = bad (you're losing money). And it's around the Holidays, so stores REALLY want people to buy stuff.

And for whatever reason, people thought it was okay to wait until the last minute to get gifts right after they ate a huge feast.

Darn. Ninja'd. I wouldn't call it a holiday. More like a commercialized day of buying stuff at dirt cheap prices (if you're willing and ready to receive and inflict pain).

Edited by Sol Omega

I never got why people go mad about such things. Yeah it's great to save up a few bucks but all the stress you have to go through would kill me. Totally not worth it

Reno27 likes this

It's sad that I can say this and mean every word of it, but this does not surprise me in the least. 

Also, interesting factoid I heard: most stores usually take a slight loss in profits on Black Friday. It's really just a day they use to clear out excess inventory, really.

I think to clarify, even though I'm Scottish, I'm aware Black Friday is named as such because it's the first day of the year that retail shops go "into the black" ie. start making a profit.

I just went to the walmart by me. At 430 AM. The place was ransacked, looked like a bomb went off at the same time a tornado hit during an earthquake while being raided by Vikings, Mongols, and Pirates. I wish I didn't leave my phone in my car, would have made for some good video.

There was just shit all over the floor, video game section got it the worse, there were shelves pulled down  and games just piled up

I feel bad for the employees, thay all the 1000 yard stare going on

and I live in a pretty small town, just under 25,000 people

Nomis103 likes this

Consumer driven society mindlessly consuming. Capitalism Ho! *Runs Away*

Personally I think it's disgusting but seems a sad fact that people seem to act like they are rabid at these sales. Personally I just do my shopping online and avoid sales like that. I don't think we have a Black Friday sale here in the UK though. But yeah seeing stuff like this does add a few -points to my faith in Humanity.

We don't have all that here, but I imagine, that all the corps and banks go up to roof level, grab out their binoculars and laugh at the utter shit-fest that occurs.

Consumer driven society mindlessly consuming. Capitalism Ho! *Runs Away*

Personally I think it's disgusting but seems a sad fact that people seem to act like they are rabid at these sales. Personally I just do my shopping online and avoid sales like that. I don't think we have a Black Friday sale here in the UK though. But yeah seeing stuff like this does add a few -points to my faith in Humanity.

I think these'll help add some points back.

Just think of it like this: for every person you seeing acting like a complete ass, there are probably three or four people at that very moment doing something to help others.

Shadow Stealer likes this

Yeah it seems to have faded away,   I watched Apocalypse Now and when that was over I couldnt see it.

On a side note, this TV really sucks. I was on the TV menu changing settings for 2 minutes and I could see parts of the menu. Supposedly the TV has anti burn  pixel shifting. Which adjusts every pixel a miniscule  difference, but it doesn't seem to work.

Itll be gone soon.

You know what would be funny?

To trick all of these people. To next year, simply just not say anything so when they all rush into the store to get their worthless piece of materialist trash and run to the counter, the price will actually be doubled. They'd rage for sure and break shit but then they'd all get to fine heavily. If they can't behave like people, then they belong in a zoo.

Hell, might as well let lions and tigers out in the store during Black Friday's.
I bet they'd be more sophisticated. All of a sudden there's like a large Hippo there just going,

Hippo_mouth.jpg

You know what would be funny?

To trick all of these people. To next year, simply just not say anything so when they all rush into the store to get their worthless piece of materialist trash and run to the counter, the price will actually be doubled. They'd rage for sure and break shit but then they'd all get to fine heavily. If they can't behave like people, then they belong in a zoo.

Eh, I don't think that'd be a good idea. The kind of riots we'd get would probably level half the country. You could probably see the fires from... well, Sweden.

Whoah, just thought of something. A post-apocalyptic story where the apocalypse was caused by disgruntled American shoppers burning everything to the ground. Someone get on that.

Time when you dont go to walmart:

Black Friday

Christmas Eve

Fourth of July

First few weeks of August because school is about to start

Anytime past 8:30 PM

Sigma081 likes this

The Internet exist people... Better sales on Amazon,and other sites, sitting at home in a warm blanket, and a cup of hot cocoa.