• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

mouseno4

Why did Joe buy a Kinect only game?

20 posts in this topic

Seriously Joe... your asking for trouble. You KNOW Kinect games just dont work. Why do you torture yourself like this?

That's how he is making money...

I don't exactly want to say "For our amusement" but...well he clearly feels he has a duty to review new games and that includes kinect and remember he's an entertainer, I can imagine the problems with BF4 were far more infuriating than a non-functioning, more than likely mediocre when functioning, kinect game.

Seriously Joe... your asking for trouble. You KNOW Kinect games just dont work. Why do you torture yourself like this?

Could you please tell us about your Xbox One Kinect only game experiences? I'm curious as to how well it works with games compared to the old one.

Could you please tell us about your Xbox One Kinect only game experiences? I'm curious as to how well it works with games compared to the old one.

There are many reviews and all of em says one - ITS SAME!

Within 30% its not working at all :<

Its a Kinect game. Enough said. Even Joe knows that Kinect was a big fat lie.

Why did Joe buy Kinect? That's simple really .. Joe loves Kinect games. 

All that being said, i cant WAIT for the review of Fighter Within. It will be hilarious! I am sure everyone agrees, Joe is at his best... when ANGRY!

He buys them so none of us will ever have to, because he can take it.

My guess would be because he wants to see how well the original has learnt from it's mistakes and how well the new kinect handles, he cannot limit himself on the games he plays, he has an obligation to review games for us guys, and let's face it how much worse can it be?

Then again lol....

Leo~

Crazycrab likes this

My guess would be because he wants to see how well the original has learnt from it's mistakes and how well the new kinect handles, he cannot limit himself on the games he plays, he has an obligation to review games for us guys, and let's face it how much worse can it be?

Then again lol....

Leo~

Yes exactly, and judging some of the reviews I've read of Fighter Within so far I think an ANGRY review is coming!!  Can't wait!!

Kinect reviews are simple the best reviews he puts out. They are just so damn funny. Also it is his duty to see how much they have improved.

Because its a new kind of kinect? And the Reviews he makes with the kinect are very popular? And it's a new piece of technology that remains a bit of a mystery?

There are a lot of pretty good reasons.

Berserker likes this

I'm sure joe wanted to check out if the kinect works like it's suppose to because if it does then that makes the extra $100 dollars for an XBOXONE a bit more acceptable

He buys them so none of us will ever have to, because he can take it.

LoL this put that scene at the end of Dark Knight to mind...

"Why is Batman running? He didn't do anything"

"He is running because he can take it"

I hope Joe does a full review on Fighters Within or whatever it's called. That way the point gets across that Microsoft beefed up the Kinect to improve the Xbox One menu navigation in the dashboard rather than improve it's functionality during gameplay. Even in Dead Rising 3 with a simple function as saying a 2 word command wouldn't work. Simple fact, motion gaming is a joke unless it goes to it's simplest form like Wii Bowling, Tennis etc.

Since the Kinect is half of the Xbox One, it makes sense to see what the new gen Kinect has to offer.

Berserker likes this

He probably got it in hopes that this is the finished product, not the beta test we were conned into. BUT, knowing microsoft they probably jus made the Kinect bigger and put a weight in it to make it seem like it was heavier and therefore higher quality. But we all know microsoft is so full of sh*t they have to give us a bunch of it so they don't explode from internal pressure.

Because its a new kind of kinect? And the Reviews he makes with the kinect are very popular? And it's a new piece of technology that remains a bit of a mystery?

There are a lot of pretty good reasons.

Thank you for being one of the few voices of reason in the X1 part of the forum.

Its a Kinect game. Enough said. Even Joe knows that Kinect was a big fat lie.

Wow, way to judge an entire generation of not announced or even developed games.

The Kinect still has some way to go before It's going to be as good as Microsoft says it is, and we hope it can be, but that doesn't excuse judging an entire generation worth of games based a few failures from a previous generation, and the first game in a series of new ones. A lot of the old Kinect titles were not as bad as people make them out to be, even Kinect Star Wars wasn't a total failure, and The Gunstringer was actually pretty fun. And Disneyland Adventures has a score of 73/100 on Metacritic, plenty of non Kinect games regularly score way lower than that.

Keep in mind that the Kinect isn't just for games, the voice commands and camera features are also there, and so far most people seem to really like those, especially the voice commands.

Yeah they're not perfect, but they work 90% of the time, and the Kinect and X1 still has around 5-10 to improve. Just because it isn't as good as we'd like it to be right now, doesn't mean It'll never get there.

My point being; The new Kinect is, surprise, Brand New. It shouldn't come as a surprise that there's going to be hiccups along the way, just like there is with any kind of new hardware, but this whole idea of "well the old sucked, so this new one must suck even harder" that's going around these forums truly saddens me.

I'd like to think that the AJSA has more members with an open mind, and a mature enough attitude to not promote unbiased, and misinformed hate of a new product that they probably haven't even tried themselves, nor is even planning to purchase.

Apparently the Fighter Within is awful and a bad demonstration of what the Kinect 2.0 can do, hope Joe can find some other Kinect games that are better, Battlefield 4 using Kinect for leaning when aiming and squad commands which sound really good.

Berserker likes this

Apparently the Fighter Within is awful and a bad demonstration of what the Kinect 2.0 can do, hope Joe can find some other Kinect games that are better, Battlefield 4 using Kinect for leaning when aiming and squad commands which sound really good.

Indeed. Personally, i believe the Kinect works best for certain games when It's an option. Like for issuing voice commands, or minor physical movements to activate something in game. Joe did a review for a game that used almost 50/50 Kinect and Controller control scheme, a Mech fighter game if i recall correctly, and while the concept was good, the execution was horrible. But these things have to start somewhere, and hopefully the Kinect integration will improve considerably this generation.