• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Docter

I'm tired of it.

19 posts in this topic

Not entirely sure how to help you there. Maybe take a break for a few weeks and see if that helps your enjoyment when you come back? That's what I do when I find I'm not enjoying games as much as I usually do.

I've been in a similar boat already. There was a point when stopped playing games mostly because my XBOX got a red ring but when I got it back again I didnt actually played much at all. But then a friend gave me the first Mass Effect and I played it without stop and finished it within a week because ME2 was coming out soon. If it werent for my friend and Mass Effect I probably wouldve gone some sort of casual and I wouldnt have ME as my favorite franchise! So try Mass Effect quick! It saved my hobby!

These days though I do notice that it takes me some time to finish some games because I start them but then lose interest. I still havent finished my Doom BFG edition game!

ReclaimedHavok likes this

That happened to me a few weeks ago. Here are my Suggestions:

Read A Book

Waste all your time on the Forums

Sleep a lot

Try and get a new game

Try an old game you haven't played in forever

Put your name in the Elvish translator and steal the Identity of whatever name you get.

Listen to bad music

Listen to good music.

Try painting.

Buy a Gel Torso from Deadliest Warrior and Beat it to death(It's an excellent way to vent anger)

Sing in the Shower

Get yelled at for singing in the shower

Have I made my point yet? Try and fix your gaming habit in anyway you can before you become a raving lunatic who thinks he is Maeglin.(Oh, by the way, does anyone know where my sword is???)

BSB, lordvetynari and Shagger like this

I have run into the problem before,all i can say is take a bit of a break. Go for a hike, a walk,go golfing, take up a new hobby etc. Just change things up a bit. Then when you can come back the games will feel fresh and new. I take every opportunity I can to enjoy video games, but there is this thing called life, job and relationships that come first. Enjoy being bored and playing games allot while you can.

If you're a constant game player like myself, it's not a bad idea to get outside and walk around aimlessly. Just get around and see what's about, sometimes cool things happen out there in the real world, haha. Do that for a few days and you might be able to sit back down and get in on the fun again.

Read. For God's sake if you are bored, READ!!!!!! Expand on your knowledge, get to know other cultures, languages, new Science, technology, medicine!!!! READ! I cannot stress how important it is. Go grab an Encyclopedia and just begin in "A". You'll learn so much dude, you'll never be bored again. As I said in the past, Those who deny the light of wisdom are forever doomed to live in the dark of ignorance.

Suprhomre likes this

As others have said - find something else to do.  If you're not enjoying gaming, why do you continue to keep playing?  Just stop for a bit. 

I don't really get "bored" with games but that's not all I do to pass time.

I read A LOT, watch documentaries (their like my personal crack don't ask why) and a ton of other things all mixed up in there.

You might be getting bored with games because that's your sole hobby or because you have been playing a lot of unimmersive ones, for you that is.

I have a job so for me I don't get bored with games (unless they suck, but this is subjective) simply because there's enough to do there that its fun to just come home and wipe the stress away (even though I adore my job) with some games.

I'd say your probably bored with games and gaming because you haven't been doing anything else to vary the experience.

That is why I don't have a favorite game. I play the games and after beating them I delete them. Some games I don't even finish and delete only because they take much time to complete and aren't all that entertaining, for example, Skyrim.

Take a break and do something else. Don't push yourself. I had those moments quite often and everytime there came a game that changed it and brought my love for it back

That is why I don't have a favorite game. I play the games and after beating them I delete them. Some games I don't even finish and delete only because they take much time to complete and aren't all that entertaining, for example, Skyrim.

Good call.  I have this insane urge to keep games on my hard disc I don't even like very much.  It's as though once something is installed it must last forever.  :D

I did delete a few recently.  It felt good.

Everybody grows tired of doing something. Even if you're doing what you think is the best thing in the world, once it becomes a job at some point it just starts feeling a bit stale. In a way, I've been in the same boat myself, and I've felt as if gaming isn't fun at all anymore. I just quit for a while. I, like everyone else here, suggest that you just drop gaming for a couple of days, weeks etc. You will feel the fun of games again and you might do something productive in the meantime!

my problem is that the quality of games is rapidly declining and there are only a few new really good games that bolted me to my seat

my problem is that the quality of games is rapidly declining and there are only a few new really good games that bolted me to my seat

I haven't noticed a decline in games. Good games have always seemed to be very far in between.

As some have posted already, stop playing. There have been a few times where gaming was just not interesting and I would find myself just watching Youtube (gamers mostly) and that was amusement enough. Sometimes we just don't have the time to justify sitting down and playing game. Which could be the other reason why you aren't being fulfilled through gaming anymore. Maybe your career or lack there of is not enough and you need to go find a new one. Maybe you need to start making healthier decisions. I know that I personally find no enjoyment from games if there are other things I need to take care of. 

vanhoe likes this

I've had this for a while as well. I eventually just forced myself to play through a game in its entirety, until I was satisfied with the progress I made. Doesn't need to be a long game, that way it's easier to reach this feeling of accomplishment. Not too short either, otherwise it will have no effect. I used DmC to do this. After that I slowly got more interested in games again, and finished more and more.