• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rage DragonX

What If GTA V Became GOTY

16 posts in this topic

What do you think should the GOTY edition for GTA V (if it wins that is) have all DLCs or a port to next gen and PC (and hopefully steam machine, not so much on the wii u version if that ever happens 

What do you think should the GOTY edition for GTA V (if it wins that is) have all DLCs or a port to next gen and PC (and hopefully steam machine, not so much on the wii u version if that ever happens 

Standard procedure for GOTY games is to give you some or all of the DLC, and they have already said GTA 5 will be on PC in the next year, they just have to  tweak it here and there to make it work. GTA 4 was vastly different on PC  then it was on console.  They changed some  of the areas on the map. They patched bugs out of the game, they had easy access to gameplay videos (which that in itself makes the PC version better)  I used to be adamantly opposed to consoles, but now that I have one I can play all the games my PC can't run as long as theyre cross platform games

If it gets GOTY It will probably have all the DLC like most GOTY versions because hopefully by then the heists and everything else will be out and Rockstar will have made some DLC.

why would this game get GOTY? 
selling alot of copies doesn't mean it's a GOTY title... look Journey or The Walking Dead ... i don't even know anyone who bought those... Im going to guess right now that the GOTY will be nextgen titles.

GOTY version hardly means anything. It's just a way to promote the game and its name by saying, that it gained one GOTY award, so it can be announced as game of the year. I don't believe that GTA V will get as much DLC as GTA IV. Mostly stuff like 500k cash, few cars, pre-order stuff on GTO with the purchase + some 5 to 15 dollar DLCs they will bring, almost like in GOTY version of RDR.

When it comes to question ''Will it get GOTY?'', I can only answer: Yes it will. Of course there will be someone who had loads of fun with it, but for me GTA V will never be GOTY. The online mode is still a huge mess, so no point from that one.

they announced all online DLC would be Free but have Released little info about GTA 5 single Player DLC i doubt it will get GOTY it had A LOT of BUGs in the First two weeks for both single and Online and unless Rockstar Shells out for it i dont see it happening not that they Ever Pick a GOOD GOTY after what 05-06? tho i suppose that is unfair since game quilty has dropped like a rock in the past 5-6 years becuse no one could Beat this game or that well thats what makes a game A GAME

well, f*ck... i think GTA5 got game of the year... and they had no comments about why it got GOTY on the VGX... it's like "it made most money" 

The sad part is that GTA V got Game of the Year, but Rockstar North didn't get Studio of the Year. I'm not really sure of the criteria of the VGAs, but it seems like there's a double-standard at work. Though I guess it's the most successful game. Whether or not it's the best I can't say, as sadly I haven't played Bioshock or any of the other nominees.

Oh I'm sorry, it's the "VGX". Because X's are cool and they appeal to the youths of today. I grew up in the 90s and even I find that a wee bit insulting.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they come up with now then. Hope they atleast put in all the DLC in any eventual GOTY edition.

Conor likes this

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they come up with now then. Hope they atleast put in all the DLC in any eventual GOTY edition.

what dlc? There is only the pre-order dlc and free dlc available atm

Heh. Funnily enough, didn't Skyrim call its GotY edition something else? Legendary edition or something?

I just hope that we don't have to pay for any new DLC that comes out unless it involves a new campaign like GTA IV's expansions. I don't wanna break out 8 dollars because Rockstar wants to give me a new selection of t-shirts to wear in GTA Online or something.

Heh. Funnily enough, didn't Skyrim call its GotY edition something else? Legendary edition or something?

I just hope that we don't have to pay for any new DLC that comes out unless it involves a new campaign like GTA IV's expansions. I don't wanna break out 8 dollars because Rockstar wants to give me a new selection of t-shirts to wear in GTA Online or something.

from what I understand all online dlc will be free

"If"? Are you for real? It already has.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_V#Awards_and_accolades <<< Won GOTY from most awards.

Your reply to a topic from November is more than a little irrelevant. And yes, GTA V won GOTY for a lot of things.

Still doesn't change what I think of the game.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0