• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
forsakenpanda771

Worst thing to happen to you during a major part of a game?

24 posts in this topic

Exactly as the title says.

For me, when I was younger I was playing Majora's Mask and I just got to the Twinmold fight in the Stone Tower Temple. I was just figuring out how to beat him when I had to go to the dentist in the middle of the fight. Since you can't save in the middle of a fight, I left the game on so I could return to it when I got home. When I did get home, I found the N64 turned off. And since I was young and never bothered to think about saving before the battle, my last save was pretty far back, though I can't remember exactly where.

What were some of the worst things to happen to you in the middle of a game?

Back in the snes days where a slight bump of the console would reset the game and wipe all progress....

actually in morrowind I used to only use auto save. As a orc leaving a dweamer ruin only to have beserker rage run out and me instantly dying as exit. Meaning there was no way for me to save myself from death and loosing that character

The worst thing to happen to me was when I was playing Final Fantasy 7. I had just defeated Jenova Synthesis and was getting ready to move onto Bizzaro Seph when the power went out. That had been a frustrating fight because it was my first playthrough and knowing I had to go through that again was enough to make tear at my hair and cry. 

For those of you that played COD4 do you remember the mile high club mission? The very last extra one? Well theres an achievement that tasks you with beating it on veteran that makes the minute long mission kinda hard. Its my first time playing it, after dozens of failed attempts I finally get to the guy that is holding the civilian hostage that you have to headshot and bang! Civilian guy got one in the face courtesy of my shit aim. Ok, I was unprepared, so I keep trying. After several more frustrating attempts I finally get to the bastard but this time I know whats up so I actually shot the terrorist, all looks good, going to get my achievement, 1000 this game and....... lights go off. As in the power went off. I was so frustrated that I looked up at and cursed the Gods for that. Seriously, no joke, that was some shit luck but eventually I got it later.

Me and a few friends were trying to get Annual in Halo 3. We got to the end run, we were all in ghosts and... one guy got stuck in an endless death loop.

For those that don't remember, Annual requires you have the iron skull on- one player dies, everyone has to go back to the checkpoint.

My sanity pretty much broke at that point.

I was at the final level of the first God of War and I came close to beating Ares. But before I could finish the fight I had to stop playing and help clean up the house. I went back to the game only to be called back for more cleaning. This happened more times than I can remember and when the time came for me to finally deal the final blow to Ares it felt therapeutic in every sense of the word.

Chrysalid terror mission, first month in X-Com, no laser weapons, only 14 men. My game ended right there, everyone was made into a lid, the end

The damn boss didn't show up which caused me to do the level again.

If that ever happens again, I'm going to,....

when beeing pretty far in a game without saving and then -> BAM, Blue Screen with Access Memory Violation or Page fault in non Paged area.

A number of similar experiences, the most recent of which was Assassins creed III, after many hours and wondering, an entire generation of Assassins creed games the final cutscene, all they keys are in place, the energy shield drops and I begin to walk across the bridge, the cutscene starts, explaining where everything fits into the grand scheme of things.... My gf walks past my 360 carrying some clothes, the clothes brush the console....ping... and the drive opens, she looks at me, I look at her, the tumbleweed blows across the room

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_tvGKdJ_eU

oh well at least I got a nice bath O.O

Leo~

One time years ago a friend and I were doing The Libary level on Halo on Co-op on legendary, like 2/3 hours in we had to go out almost at the end. We paused it but when we got back like 15 minutes later her mother had turned off the console.

Being bothered by someone that gets your attention away from the game. I don't care about electricity being shut off, or having any other reason to quit the battle. You can also do it again and enjoy the game. But when someone just goes to me and bothers me in the middle, that gets me quite angry.

But hey, everything is for the better :P

I was playing AC2 (almost at the end of the game, sequence 14) and the disk was scratched, and i somehow got into a place that woudnt usually load and i tolled to stop and do something (cant remember). now i shout to the house "DONT TURN THIS CONSOLE OFF!" and i go to do my work. I come back to find my brother has turned of the console and restarted it to play his game, now that he did this my game woudnt load again so i had to start again... the level never did load again... and yeah i fucked my brother up

Started playing Bioshock Infinite, got really drunk while playing it and had to start over the next day simply because I could not remember half of it and had no clue what happened in the story. :P

I played Custom Robo Arena for the NDS and DID NOT save the WHOLE game. And at the very end, after the credits, and 3 whole days of keeping my ds in the charger and playing nonstop, the power goes out and I figure I can get to the end of the credits and save before m DS dies. I was literally about to press the save button my my DS died. I have not the ability to try again.

This did not happen to me,but I witnessed it when it happened to one of my friends.

I was at his house.We where chilling in his room playing halo reach.His parents where not home(becomes relevant later).He was never good at keeping his wires organized.He also had a huge boxer in his room very close to the wires.We where sitting there playing when we hear the door open.All of a sudden the boxer springs up and runs out the door.It got caught in the wires and pulled the xbox down to the floor.It was a good distance to fall.We where also in the middle of one of the best matches we had ever played.That is the story of how my friend almost murdered his dog.

He got a new xbox a week or so later.

The damn boss didn't show up which caused me to do the level again.

If that ever happens again, I'm going to,....

you too OMG!

Power outages.

I only forgot to save once in my life before I turned off a game and that was the last time it happened AND it made me anal about saving every two to four seconds to.

Power outages.

I only forgot to save once in my life before I turned off a game and that was the last time it happened AND it made me anal about saving every two to four seconds to.

f5 saves lives

When COD was still decent, (around the last days with MW2), I was playing multiplayer, literally kicking ass, so I wasnt paying much atention to the rest of my body, so my mouth was kind of open......To put it scientifically, a bloody flie thought it would be nice to go in there, making me run too the bathroom and vomit my lunch, breakfast, and dinner in that order.

Dam flies

I had a crazy killstreak going on in MW2, then all of a sudden a Mojito beat the crap out of me. I saw 3 guns in front of me and it felt like I was playing on standard tv mode all over again. Finally spent 15 or so minutes thinking I had to throw up walking back and forth from the bathroom. Good times.

During the part of Mass Effect 3 when Mordin is walking up to the elevator to fix the sabatoge, remember how you have the option to shoot him? I had no intention of shooting him during this playthrough, but my finger slipped and I hit the renegade option, you while the rest of the galaxy ended up save, I had to kill Wrex and Mordin to do it. It really sucked.

Not really during a major part of the game but I was playing Harvest Moon: A New Beginning the second time through because my sister accidentally saved over my file. It had been about a month since I had saved (my fault I know) because it was on the 3DS and I just had a habit of shutting the lid and I was cleaning my room when I bumped my 3DS onto the ground and the game cartridge fell out. The whole thing happened in slow motion. 

Dragon's Dogma's shitty auto-saving. I died fighting Grigori, loaded up, boom. 5 hours earlier.