• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Suprhomre

How many of you are still pissed about the ending of Mass Effect 3?

57 posts in this topic

I'm still very unsatisfied about the ending even though it has been some time but the ending has ruined all my Mass Effect interest. I can't hardly replay Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2, because of the ending of Mass Effect 3.

How about you?

Well I'm happy that the extended cut fixed some of the butchered nonsensical moments. The entire end game was poor though. No epic battle to take part in or watch and no reason to gather any of the forces you had throughout the series because they weren't shown and had no impact on anything.

Personally I'm not pissed off just disappointed.  Bioware decided to appeal to their EA overlords and put out something quick a dirty which became a detriment to the franchise; i don't think I'll be picking up Mass Effect 4 if and when it goes live because 3 just ruined the trilogy for me.  Good game up until the last ten minutes.  They really should have stuck to their guns with the original plot that the writer had developed.  The Reapers (according to his original plot) were not being controlled by some stupid God Child, instead it had to do with dark energy.  Apparently using dark energy (mass effect fields and biotics) was causing the universe to unravel I guess and the Reapers were the first to discover it.  As such was their reason to wipe out life in the galaxy, leave a few stragglers and hope they don't screw up again by using dark energy that was causing the universe to fall apart.

That plot would've made more sense not the, "yo dawg I send machines to kill you every 50,000 years so that other machines don't wipe you out," bull that anyone with a brain stem knows was EA's piss poor writing department trying to make a clone of Deus Ex.

Teckit likes this

Ya i know what you mean, i can't even get into playing it if it means that the endings going to suck anyways

i was never a fan of shooters, but i got convinced to try ME1 the ME2.. and yes after ME3 i wont be playing another.. killed what little love id grown for the genre let alone the series.

At first, upon beating it, i actually liked the ending. It was until later that i realized the backlash and the complaints had surfaced amongst the web. The missing links in the ending had missed me somehow, guess it was because i never played ME1. But yes, overall i was not happy. If a time machine was invented, it would be to go back to Bioware's HQ and smack the lead writing team.... and help them change it. Glad they went back and redid the ending afterall. Still doesn't make up for the initial ending. :/

Well I'm happy that the extended cut fixed some of the butchered nonsensical moments. The entire end game was poor though. No epic battle to take part in or watch and no reason to gather any of the forces you had throughout the series because they weren't shown and had no impact on anything.

I actually find the extended ending even worse then the original one, because the extended ending kinda kills the introduction theory.

Personally I'm not pissed off just disappointed.  Bioware decided to appeal to their EA overlords and put out something quick a dirty which became a detriment to the franchise; i don't think I'll be picking up Mass Effect 4 if and when it goes live because 3 just ruined the trilogy for me.  Good game up until the last ten minutes.  They really should have stuck to their guns with the original plot that the writer had developed.  The Reapers (according to his original plot) were not being controlled by some stupid God Child, instead it had to do with dark energy.  Apparently using dark energy (mass effect fields and biotics) was causing the universe to unravel I guess and the Reapers were the first to discover it.  As such was their reason to wipe out life in the galaxy, leave a few stragglers and hope they don't screw up again by using dark energy that was causing the universe to fall apart.

That plot would've made more sense not the, "yo dawg I send machines to kill you every 50,000 years so that other machines don't wipe you out," bull that anyone with a brain stem knows was EA's piss poor writing department trying to make a clone of Deus Ex.

yeah the last 10 minutes was a total epic failure, but I might get ME4 just because of the multiplayer. I have met tons of awesome people just because playing the multiplayer of ME3.

At first, upon beating it, i actually liked the ending. It was until later that i realized the backlash and the complaints had surfaced amongst the web. The missing links in the ending had missed me somehow, guess it was because i never played ME1. But yes, overall i was not happy. If a time machine was invented, it would be to go back to Bioware's HQ and smack the lead writing team.... and help them change it. Glad they went back and redid the ending afterall. Still doesn't make up for the initial ending. :/

+1

I was a little disappointed over the fact that Shepard died, but hey, cosmic horror and all that right? Im not too concerned over the plot holes cos Im not so much of a nit-picker. I found the Indoctrination theory sooooo cool but damn it, they blew it up with the DLC ending. Overall, I still enjoyed the game immensely, although I still play my imaginary ending in my head from time to time involving Shepard waking up on Earth amidst the concrete debris, being helped up by Garrus, who says something like "Shepard! Are you alright?" and of course Shepard is all cool as he faces his entire team; he pulls out his M8 Avenger and the camera shifts to the horizon as thousands of humans, krogans, turians and all the other races charge across the battlefield, and then this huge battle ensues with the Suicide Mission theme playing in the background, as they are about to lose, the skies turn red as the Crucible finally docks with the Citadel and all the Reapers go kaboom. 

Flaming Reapers fall from the sky, everyone's cheering, and Shepard shares a kiss with his romantic interest. Ah, the perfect ending that never was. I wouldn't mind slogging through hours of multiplayer, get every damn achievement and war asset to see this.

still mad as ever, personally the series in general failed to live up to my expectations

I'm over it by now but still disappointing ending. Really haven't gone back to play the story since I completed it. At least the multiplayer has replay value. I still can get into the other two games though, just not the third one as much.

Hoo boy, the Mass Effect 3 ending. That was a doozy and a half.

When I first beat the game and witnessed the ending firsthand, I wasn't so much angry as I was just... confused. Soon after, when I read up on other people's reactions and the many plotholes and Bioware's bad PR people completely dismissing fan's concerns on Twitter, that's when I got pissed. But by the time the Extended Cut came out, the angry feeling had died down to disappointment. The EC... I guess you could say it helped, "soothed the wound" in a way even though the newly added "refuse ending" kinda felt like a slap in the face. But I was still disappointed.

However, I just try to ignore it and make up my own happy ending for my Shepard. Let the people who somehow enjoyed the ending like what they want, and those of us that hated it will like (or rather, dislike) what we want. I can still play the games and fall in love with the universe and the characters all over again though, as long as I don't really focus too hard on the ending.

Still, it was shocking to me just how many people wanted to believe the Indoctrination theory so badly. That's the sign of a broken fandom right there; where people refuse to believe the ending actually happened, looking for signs that something completely different was going on without us noticing it. Like I said, it was a doozy.

Well going off the fact that I replayed ME1/2 on insanity because I enjoyed them so much but could not get myself to do so for ME3 because the ending was so poor....Yea I was pretty upset.

I remember dark energy coming up in ME1 and 2 and I kept expecting something important to happen with it but in never went anywhere, what you said they originally planned actually makes sense when compared to the first two games. Why the hell did they change it?

When I first played Mass Effect 3 I had the extended cut DLC. I was satisfied with it...they fixed a lot of problems when AngryJoe was explaining his top 10 reasons why Mass Effect 3's ending suck. It's my opinion though. I just felt like the ending just should have been waaaaay better. I mean the war assets were completely useless. I personally think that a better ending would be depending on your war assets would determine the final outcome with shepard and his team fighting the reapers in a final stand. One ending would be everyone dies including the reapers because they had to sacrificed themselves or the next would be either one of the side wins or shepard's army just wins. Just one final epic battle between them. The final battle for earth.

To this day it still stings. Everytime I think about Mass Effect 2, I feel a cold dread in my heart, because I know I can't continue playing after that game ends. In the midst of all that horribleness, however, I did find my favourite Youtuber ever: Archengeia.

I highly recommend anyone to watch this video playlist if you want some intelligent, well reasoned thought on the ending of Mass Effect 3, what could've been, and the Extended Cut. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD75856CE29270E66

The only thing I didn't like about it was the choices. They were all the same which made me feel like being Renegade or Paragon made no difference! Killing Wrex made no difference! Mordin dying made no frickin' difference! I hate that. But the rest is fine for me.

There was a lot about Mass Effect 3 I didn't like, not just the ending.

Scout likes this

Actually, I feel like I'm in the minority, who liked, and was satisfied with the ending. Sure, confusion was big the first time I played it, but after the extended cut, I liked it a lot better. Shepard dies destroying the reapers, he sacrifies the geth to get rid of the reapers for once and for all. (Others chose differently)

The Leviathan DLC makes things a lot more clear also. It explains how the Catalyst took over, and how the reapers came to be. The ending is still very bittersweet, There's no clear happy ending (though if you count the breath scene after High EMS Destroy ending). I saw it end differently in my mind, but I was still satisfied. The trilogy had come to the conclusion, and it was time to say goodbye. "It's not the destination, but the trip". The ending couldn't destroy all my favourite moments with the characters that I had learned to like, even if it tried. They won't never go away. And here I sit, patiently waiting for the next Mass Effect.

There was a lot about Mass Effect 3 I didn't like, not just the ending.

^this.  I wrote a lengthy and detailed note about how the game failed beyond just the ending back on the old forums.

Bioware is pretty much dead to me. The first smack to the face was Dragon Age 2, After ME3, I've decided they can go jump in a river. I'm done. 

I'll buy their games used or on bargain sales from now on. 

Actually, I feel like I'm in the minority, who liked, and was satisfied with the ending. Sure, confusion was big the first time I played it, but after the extended cut, I liked it a lot better. Shepard dies destroying the reapers, he sacrifies the geth to get rid of the reapers for once and for all. (Others chose differently)

The Leviathan DLC makes things a lot more clear also. It explains how the Catalyst took over, and how the reapers came to be. The ending is still very bittersweet, There's no clear happy ending (though if you count the breath scene after High EMS Destroy ending). I saw it end differently in my mind, but I was still satisfied. The trilogy had come to the conclusion, and it was time to say goodbye. "It's not the destination, but the trip". The ending couldn't destroy all my favourite moments with the characters that I had learned to like, even if it tried. They won't never go away. And here I sit, patiently waiting for the next Mass Effect.

Very well said and I respect that.

I honestly never had a huge problem with the ending, felt kind of fitting to me. I also realize how hard it can be to make a satisfying ending to something like that You can't please everyone. To me, the games were more about the journey, and the characters, and my relationship to them. The choices i got to make were also hugely important. A lot of people like to hate on the fact that the choices end up being rather meaningless, and it all kind of ends similar regardless, but I've never cared about that, because I don't think about that when I'm making the choices. To me, it's making the choices, and thinking in my own head, after I'm done playing about what may have happened. It's the journey, not the destination for me, I'm just that kind of guy. Same type of princicpal as when I go on a cross province road trip with friends for a weekend. We always end up going to a similar place as the previous time, but the trip there is fun, and why we're doing it.

I was pissed for months. Now I am just sad and disappointed whenever I look at the ME3's icon. Part of me knows I just can't supress that impact and because of it I tend to approach all the '' trilogies'' with a cynical attitude since I now know even the great series like Mass Effect can let you down pretty hard. 

Of course there is the trend of late games having dredful ,depressing endings just to be ''edgy'' and wanting happier ones looked down upon for some reason..

So yea, I am still bitter about it , I guess. At least I am not that hopeful about Dragon Age 3 so it won't be that big of a disappointment if it happen again.

Nothing will ever fix what Bioware did with Mass Effect 3. It was mis-advertising at it's worst, it should be down right illegal.

freereaperuk likes this