• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Rolyat

I hate Zombie games.

31 posts in this topic

Okay, so ever sence COD Zombies came to the scene zombies games have become garbage. Everyone and thier mother is trying to recreate the "zombie survival" that COD did so well. And it's not hard to make it, it's really just an area with infinitly spawing waves and you can buy weapons. It very very easy to program that and sell it. The problem is that the whole core of COD Zombies is a distraction. A "mini-game" of sorts away from the multiplayer and singleplayer. It is an add-on not the meat and potatoes of the game. But saying that it seems as though people view it that way. Guys it is really not thier focus and while they do add variation from game to game (maps,weapons, etc.) I promise you it's something they only take care of because people freaking love it. It was a complete surprise on how well it was received by the community. Personally I believe its because it's a four player co-op addition to a game that people already bought not expecting it, so when they found out it did have this mode everyone picked up thier copy and said "This game has four player co-op, we all own it because it's COD lets play it "

Where are the Left 4 Dead's, the Deadrisings? Zombie games that are unique and have interesting ideas to them not just "Oh your in a mansion kill zombies with points lol #undead" I want the heart that was put in to zombie games. Like remember Dead Island? That game was bad for sure but it was different from the normal bullshit that I liked it just because it was a zombie game that was different and that had originality and it seemed like a project that people honestly gave two fucks over and cared for it not just Do what they do and it will sell. Zombie games seriously need to be re-booted, getting rid of the norm and just starting over so new people can look at it and say hey why dont we do this or this or that and be new. Until that time, until that day comes, I urge you to push through what developers and publishers are pushing on you with Zombies. Look for games that have care and that have developers that are doing what they want to do not what they are being conformed to by the norm.

Thats all I got. Thoughts?

The Last Of Us by Naughty Dog supported by a company that loves games.

abilly85 likes this

I don't think that The Last of Us deserves to be game of the year.I can't relate to a story with zombies.Why do they always make the zombies so that they want to eat people and brains.I think that the zombie theme has been washed away a very long time ago.

The problem is like you said OP, just crappy thrown together mess. I want to see a Zombie game that is like the Walking Dead for real, ya know? I don't see why Fallout 3's engine can't be used to make an enormous Zombie-Infested city, mebbe multiple cities that you switch to with different discs. That would allow good loading times, AND a GIANT game.

I agree with you... there are so many Zombie games out there with lots of potential. Infestation, DayZ ,Walking dead the game but every time, i mean every single time they fucked it up. Why is so hard to make a game that doen't suck ? It would be really awesome if they made a game similiar to Infestation but without the bugs and the security issues. A game where is similiar to DayZ that you can explore, fight,suvive with friends and alone. Games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R with not only zombies but with more. Accually a STALKER MMO would be awesome if they make it good. And yeah Survirium i have lots of doubts unfortunate. oh well... Nether looks good... but will see.

Check out Contagion, it's for sale on steam.
From the videos I've seen of it, I have hopes for it. 

I don't think that The Last of Us deserves to be game of the year.I can't relate to a story with zombies.Why do they always make the zombies so that they want to eat people and brains.I think that the zombie theme has been washed away a very long time ago.

I don't care if Last of Us gets Game of Year or not.. 

Last of Us is among the best Zombie games ever.. and I get pissed off when people feel all nostalgic about Left 4 Dead.. It's bullshit. Left 4 Dead got nothing on Last of US.

I never really liked the whole idea of zombies to begin with. Maybe because they're meant to be scary, but I never found anything scary about them. They were always unoriginal, lifeless dolls for you to pump bullets with. You might as well be playing a game where the enemies are practice dummies with a "scary" face drawn on them. Nothing about zombies are intriguing, scary, or engaging about them. 

That said, I still love games where the zombie formula is changed. That's when its intriguing to me. Dead Space 1 and 2 are two games who changed the zombie formula, and I love those games dearly. 

The Last of Us ins't a zombie game.

I don't consider ravenous spore-people to be zombies or infected

I gotta call Bullshit because state of decay trys to shine new light on the genre. go check it out hopefully you'll change your mind

The_Thighmaster likes this

I don't care if Last of Us gets Game of Year or not.. 

Last of Us is among the best Zombie games ever.. and I get pissed off when people feel all nostalgic about Left 4 Dead.. It's bullshit. Left 4 Dead got nothing on Last of US.

Those two are incomparable games. I haven't played or seen Last Of Us, nor do I care to, but from what I've heard it's more story driven whereas Left 4 Dead is more of a zombie shooter than anything else.

As for CoD zombie mode being survival horror - no, I don't think so! You don't buy weapons in a survival game, you scavenge and use anything at your disposal to survive. As far as I know, zombie mode CoD is just a plain horde mode.

As for the zombies in general - yes, it's been overused just as much as 8bit graphic style. That is why I rather like Japanese developed games because they vary things up with the monsters.

I must said that yeah the zombie games are sucking now in this days just for one reason they want to make it like an action game, instead of a survival horror game or a adventure-taking choices game with good development of characters like the walking dead, to me that's the main reason of why the zombie games sucks

The last of us I got a said I like ir but yeah I don't see the infected that are zombies the are controlled by some crazy fungie parasite

True, but in terms of the gameplay mechanics revolving around the infected (it's what were referred to in the game, remember), it's not a million miles way from the same thing.

On the topic zombie games in general. Since Resident Evil went all Michael Bay, TLOU has been the only "zombie" game that has gripped me. And that's a long time. The genre is overpopulated with mediocre games that blend into each other. They are indeed trying to cash in on recent successful zombie themed entertainment mediums in places like TV and books, but there is little being done to push idea along. Most of these games are farily action oriontated, and that dosen't work becasue noboy wants to shoot thousands of brain dead AI instead of a hanfull of clever and dangerous opponents, I wan't to see real survival horror zombie games come back

I agree with Sidious, the Last of Us, despite some similar mechanics, isn't a zombie game. Spore infected people to me is entirely different then people waking from the dead. Plus zombies usually won't die unless they are shot in the head while the infected in the Last of Us can die on their own accord and freewill, not just be being shot or blown up.

Anyways besides that though, I agree that zombie games really need to be shelved for awhile because they are becoming quite excessive.

The only decent zombie games ever made were Resident Evil 1,2 & 3 due to the survival horror aspect.

Let me get this... You don't like Zombie games coz they're all the same - shooting at slow moving ai enemies.

The Last of Us gives you a game where some Zombies are smarter and more powerful and you say it's not even a Zombie game!!!

*slow clap*

Let me get this... You don't like Zombie games coz they're all the same - shooting at slow moving ai enemies.

The Last of Us gives you a game where some Zombies are smarter and more powerful and you say it's not even a Zombie game!!!

*slow clap*

I'm the wrong person.

*slow clap*

Technically it's "not" a zombie game.

Zombie's are the dead come back to life (sort of) where as The Last Of Us is a fungal infection. The fungus in that game is a parody of an actual fungus that affects ants. It bores into the brain and takes control.

content_img.7706.img.jpg

Technically it's "not" a zombie game.

Zombie's are the dead come back to life (sort of) where as The Last Of Us is a fungal infection. The fungus in that game is a parody of an actual fungus that affects ants. It bores into the brain and takes control.

content_img.7706.img.jpg

It's not a "Parody" it's an extrapolation. Bird flu is an example of a disease that only used to affect birds until it crossed over to humans.

Secondly, How exactly do you think Zombies come back to life? Is it MAGIC? NO.. There is a virus involved.

In case of Last of Us it's a Fungi.. are you really that particular about how the infection happens?

In the end the enemies in Last of Us ARE ZOMBIES unless you are really so particular about how exactly this "HYPOTHETICAL" infection happens.

I agree that zombie games have become too common, it seems like a lot of companies will slap zombies in any game because it's a popular theme. 

That being said, I don't hate zombie games, I'm more indifferent towards them. There are some zombie games I love, like the Left 4 Dead games and some I don't.

For me, it just comes down to how fun the game is and how well the zombies are used.

I gotta call Bullshit because state of decay trys to shine new light on the genre. go check it out hopefully you'll change your mind

Gotta agree with this guy. State of Decay and Dead State are zombie games that add mechanics similar to ones found in zombie movies such as survival and overwhelming hordes. Most games that promise zombies are just FPS games with a cosmetic change. State of Decay not only takes away your guns, making them scarce but penalizes you for using them...Heavily.

Zombies have followed suite with Horror games, as in they've jumped on board the indie market.

I haven't played The Last of Us, but it looks really good.

Aside from that, The Walking Dead was the only other great one; DayZ and Dead State look like they have a lot of potential. No More Room in Hell is also pretty fun, better than Left 4 Dead, in my honest opinion.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The zombies games made now are incredible, either if they're an add-on, or a full fledged game. It all comes down to whether or not you, the player, enjoyed the experience.

If You Like Dead Rising then I'm Proud of you, If not..... then FUCK YOU AND DIE. Dead Rising is one of the best zombie Game series.

If You Like Dead Rising then I'm Proud of you, If not..... then FUCK YOU AND DIE. Dead Rising is one of the best zombie Game series.

I hope you're joking. I mean, I don't dislike Dead Rising, I just hope you're not legitimately THAT fanboy-ish.