• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

XxDex-starrxX

Which series should i get into Mass Effect Trilogy or Borderlands or Bioshock

61 posts in this topic

I have a question, do you like meat?

(Edit: Totally relevant.)

Mass Effect for the story and multiple playthroughs. Borderlands 2 for the kick ass weapons and multiple playthroughs but with less character classes to choose from and no hero or bad ass personality choices.

Mass Effect is a 3rd person shooter RPG hybrid, Bioshock is a first person shooter action game, and borderlands is a loot hoarding gun toting RPG (Rocket Propelled Grenade) fest. Both Mass Effect and Bioshock have great stories and Borderlands 2's is actually pretty dang good at that, so really it all comes down to whichever concept grabs you best.

Be economical and go with whatever is the cheapest to buy overall.

Mass Effect for the story and multiple playthroughs. Borderlands 2 for the kick ass weapons and multiple playthroughs but with less character classes to choose from and no hero or bad ass personality choices.

Handsome Jack was a dang good villain though definitely a highlight!

Tough one. If money is an issue, i would probably just get Borderlands 2. I've never played the first part and still hat a lot of fun. In Mass Effect it's a little dull if you haven't played all parts... plus without some additional DLCs you are missing out a lot of the greatness of this game.

Handsome Jack was a dang good villain though definitely a highlight!

Borderlands 2 was like watching the funniest comedy movie ever. That's a selling point in all it's own.

Get BioShock 1 and that's it. Maybe Mass Effect 1 also.

Don't buy any of the sequels to Mass Effect or BioShock. Don't buy Borderlands at all.

I also contend strongly against the idea that Borderlands 2 is funny. The "humor" ruins the game.

I'd go with Mass Effect. One of the best rpg series out there. But, I haven't played the other two. So feel free to completely discount my opinion.

Mass effect all the way!!!!!

Go with bioshock it is a fun and chaotic game try to get the copy that comes with 1 and 2 story and setting is not as good as infinite but the combat ( mainly as a big daddy) is fun and badass plus 2 has mutiplayer it is unlike anyone is playing though

Borderlands is nothing special, just a time kill

Mass effect is pretty awesome, but the first one is dated.

I loved the first Bioshock, the second was meh and I havent played infinite yet.

how about all of them? :) start with the first game of each series they are about 10 bucks or less each atm

Don't buy any of the sequels to Mass Effect or BioShock. Don't buy Borderlands at all.

I also contend strongly against the idea that Borderlands 2 is funny. The "humor" ruins the game.

you are such a buzzkill sometimes mate :P don't listen to this guy! borderlands is awesome!

MasterKilla98 likes this

Seriously? Did you play Mass Effect 2 and 3, if you did were you blind and deaf? Besides the whole ending controversy Mass Effect 2 and 3 are great

Psychochilla and MasterKilla98 like this

Seriously? Did you play Mass Effect 2 and 3, if you did were you blind and deaf? Besides the whole ending controversy Mass Effect 2 and 3 are great

i don't even know what games he actually likes because he's bashing pretty much all of them :P

you are such a buzzkill sometimes mate :P don't listen to this guy! borderlands is awesome!

Hey, I'm coming at this from a narrative perspective, which is what matters most to me. Borderlands is addicting, especially the first. But the narrative is kind of flat, especially the first.

Hey, I'm coming at this from a narrative perspective, which is what matters most to me. Borderlands is addicting, especially the first. But the narrative is kind of flat, especially the first.

dude! i played brick! i could've gone through the whole game without a story at all! it was so much fun smashing faces with this guy

Mass Effect 1 and 2 were great. 3 was merely good. They're all worth a try, but I prefer The Witcher. That's just my opinion, though.

Mass Effect 2 is a good game but I wouldn't recommend it on a basis of narrative. Mass Effect 3 and I aren't speaking.

Mass Effect 2 is a good game but I wouldn't recommend it on a basis of narrative. Mass Effect 3 and I aren't speaking.

i actually enjoyed the 3rd part (if you ignore the cheap killing of mordin) after the extended cut

and the multiplayer was pretty good aswell

dude! i played brick! i could've gone through the whole game without a story at all! it was so much fun smashing faces with this guy

I prefer healing and support as Roland.

Borderlands 2 was like watching the funniest comedy movie ever. That's a selling point in all it's own.

I can honestly state that the only moment I remember from that game that I wasn't laughing during was after I'd laughed so hard my throat hurt.