• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sub-Mordekai

Angry Joe and AJSA Please help me on my pc questions! :)

11 posts in this topic

Ok well I wanted to ask Angry Joe in a pm but he is to busy so I hope he sees this and I would love some input on this from you guys to. I am planning on skipping next gen consoles even though i have been a console gamer for my entire life. I really want to get a gaming pc and I need some help on finding a good one in the price range of $500-$700 that is prebuilt or maybe some links as to how on earth a simple minded person can build one without getting into technical talk. If it is possible, is there a pc that I can buy in that price range that is actually good? I mean I am willing on upgrading the ram and graphics card but I want a quad core and at least 8g of ram if I am spending $500. I am not the best at knowing all the latest and greatest specs for a pc, all I know is quad core is beast, 8g of ram is acceptable for most games, and ghz are a crucial factor in whether a pc is good or not. Please help guys and if he sees it, please help Angry Joe! I need all of the help I can get on this decision. Thanks guys if you read this and reply, you guys are great :D

Oh hey it's this thread again. There are no good pre-built PCs under $1000.

Wolfspawn likes this

Oh hey it's this thread again. There are no good pre-built PCs under $1000.

Yeah, pretty much. If you're okay with building one, though, use a combination of an online guide and PCPartPicker (Google it). You should end up with one that handles seventh gen games well, but for a next gen one, you'll have to invest a few hundred dollars more than you have in your price range.

A decent gaming PC (I'll use Alien Ware as an example) costs no less than 800 to 1000 dollars as a start-up price, as a previous poster mentioned. That 8 gigs of RAM and quad-core processor are useless without the backups like a good video card; audio card and sound system; and a large memory, though even most mid-range PCs these days have at least one terabyte of memory built in. You also need to consider other things like a monitor to put that processor, video card, and RAM card to good use, so really do your research before even considering any purchase. Just remember this: go with a desktop for real raw power and mod-ability, because things change quickly in the PC gaming world, and a system that is top of the line today will probably be outdated in less than two years. If you end up going with a pre-built PC, before even thinking about deciding on which one to purchase, look the sales clerk in the eye and ask about how modable the PC is. If they says something along the lines of "Well we don't recommend doing any modding of your PC", walk out of the store (same as if you ask them about sound systems and they say "we have some over here"). If they look you back in the eye and say "well, that depends on how much you want to personalize your computer, and what you're using it for", then keep listening; you don't want to be mislead by the know-nothing sales clerk who will lead you astray. Also, bring a more technically minded friend along with you when you go to pick out a new PC, as they can help you minimize cost for the most power and efficiancy.

Sub-Mordekai likes this

This is honestly the reason i play pc games alone. You guys want nothing but the best gaming rigs out there and the most dynamic shadows or best graphics cards or stupid ass anti aliasingand then talk down on those who don't. It's sad, because pc gaming is kinda cool with free to play games and steam and such. Regarding your question Mordekai, I would recommend building your own pc or using cyberpowerpc to custom build your pc. I'm not at all a heavy pc gamer, especially because I REFUSE to use the goddamn keyboard and mouse. Xbox controller for the win. But anyways, something like a $150-$200 graphics card will do you just fine, just remember to turn off unneeded crap that slows down graphics like anti aliasing. 8gb RAM is perfect because any game nowadays only takes up 4gb, so you'll have an extra 4gb for multitasking. As for processors, i would recommend a safe amount would be 3.5 GHZ, futureproof due to overclocking when new gen games come out. Happy gaming!

Sub-Mordekai likes this

Actually I paid $600 for my Ibuypower desktop and so far its been a great computer. I highly recommend going to their website and browsing around their store, they have excellent PCs for cheap. Mine came with fantastic hardware and also had even more slots that I can use to upgrade later on.

Sub-Mordekai likes this

Basically other people have said what I would say..............

For you I would say just get a Console e.g PS4 like I have said in a previous thread 'Your going to have a much more enjoyable experience' If your wanting to play games on a PC personally I think people cant go too cheap a nice sweet spot is at least £1200 there is room for upgrading later down the line, I know some people cant afford everything Im not expecting that but when people ask can I buy a gaming rig for $500 I mean shit dude you cant expect it to play games on Ultra Settings and shit I say that because they expect that.

Also have you thought of Peripherals ? that's going to cost...

At the end of the day 'You get what you pay for'.

^^Lol that reply,

But anyways like everyone else mentioned.

Also I would like to add that the cheap or low cost prebuilt machines, are a mix of current and last gen tech. Be carefull when buying

Especially when dealing with the motherboards, harddrives and powersupplies. Be very carefull when buying.

Another option if no rush is to wait for the steam boxes to begin to rollout.

Sub-Mordekai likes this

Well PS4 cant be upgraded all that easily and I really want something I'd have no issue upgrading. i don't expect ultra high godly awesome graphics but I really want to play games on at least High or at the very least, Medium graphics. And guys please don't look down on me for being a platform gamer and an inexperienced pc gamer, I really just thought you guys would be willing to help a fellow AJSA member out when most of our members are suspected pc gamers in the first place. Im sorry if I am being cheap or something along those lines, but really Im not a rich type of person and console gaming is getting a bit to foolish when it comes to my favorite games. Plus I have wanted to be a pc gamer for a while, I just needed the money and now I got a little bit and want to transfer over. Thanks fivefingered,Tourkchild,zzroluca and killerfatjoe, I really appreciate the help and to the others to but seriously I just want to transfer over and be apart of you pc gamers. And no there is no rush as of right now ^^

Well PS4 cant be upgraded all that easily and I really want something I'd have no issue upgrading. i don't expect ultra high godly awesome graphics but I really want to play games on at least High or at the very least, Medium graphics. And guys please don't look down on me for being a platform gamer and an inexperienced pc gamer, I really just thought you guys would be willing to help a fellow AJSA member out when most of our members are suspected pc gamers in the first place. Im sorry if I am being cheap or something along those lines, but really Im not a rich type of person and console gaming is getting a bit to foolish when it comes to my favorite games. Plus I have wanted to be a pc gamer for a while, I just needed the money and now I got a little bit and want to transfer over. Thanks fivefingered,Tourkchild,zzroluca and killerfatjoe, I really appreciate the help and to the others to but seriously I just want to transfer over and be apart of you pc gamers. And no there is no rush as of right now ^^

Just re-read OP and after all the crap I just let out I need to revise my own post. If you already have a fully functional PC then you might want to start by stating what specs it has. From there we can gauge if it's even a good idea to upgrade your PC. If your motherboard is too old you won't be able to run a decent GPU at all let alone all the other components you will need to upgrade along with it. From where it stands right now, you will not be able to get a gaming PC (prebuilt or custom) with that kind of budget. However, tomorrow is Cyber Monday so go to the suggested websites and maybe even Newegg.com, you might get lucky and find a lower end tower with just enough power to run just about any game on it's lowest setting. Other than that, good luck because you will need to save to run better than low settings.