• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

ViralBunny

Rome 2 Total War : Caesar in Gaul expansion

58 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the Ceasar expansion?

• Hell yes
    • Dear god no fix the bugs
    • Wait what expansion?
  2. 2. What do you honestly think of the game?

• Perfect
    • It good, i got my moneys worth
    • Im not a happy bunny with the state its still in
    • Sega hates me and CA wants to hunt me down for the hate mail ive sent
    • Rome 2? BAh i prefer COD

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

45 posts in this topic

*Apologies if this is noted elsewhere i couldn`t find it.

Apparently even before the DLC has finished coming or the patches have yet to stop flowing, not to mention the AI patch which is so badly needed.. There is ROME 2s 1st "expansion" to the game coming out December 12th this year.

I myself am gonna be the sucker who does get it as i just hope it will be entertaining to tame Gaul>Britain as Ceasar,  however like im guessing at least half of you are gonna be thinking, why wont they stop proving how money orientated they are. The game is broken, its not what they planned to release that is clear, yet there is expansions which will be launched all ready which are unproven before the main game is up to scratch?

I do not want the franchise to die, that is why ill buy it, and hopefully ill get a fair amount of entertainment out of it, but god damn if it does not piss me off when i think someone somewhere knowns the games broke but wants more money and at some point will sack the Dev team and drop support for the game before its fixed utterly (empire anyone?)

On another note, we get to play as Julius Caesar and tame the pre-french.. that should be cool enough on its own merit. Or for those so inclined, make every effort to crush the imperial Romans heretically crossing there land. So far it seems promising from what i have seen and heard, sadly as with Rome 2 i am finding it hard to fully believe the expansion will be working ideally let alone at all.

So heres the thing, im posting this to let anyone who didnt know there was an expansion coming mid December. Also i wanna know what you guys think about the state of the expansion when released and do you think we will still be getting dlc and expansions before the game is finished, ever, fully. Im not talking the game being "ok" or "still good", im talking the pinacle of the total war series at it should be.

I think the expansion is going to address the issue with Generals having no character/importance to the player, not sure that it'll address any other issue or if this change will be implemented into the vanilla game.

I'll probably end up buying it depending on the price, even though Rome 2 was broken to an extent I did enjoy playing it(bought it after patch 6 so I wasn't around for the utterly game breaking bugs) though I haven't played it nearly as much as I played most of the other total war games.

ViralBunny likes this

It's wrong that they are making dlc at all, the game is still completely broken, the optimization and AI are absolutely disgusting, not sure if it's SEGA, CA or both ut they really let me down

captainroyy likes this

I will quote someone from PCgamer.com because that comment was short and simple but got the job done in one sentence. ''Adding more shit to a hunk of shit won't make the shit not taste like shit'' -junkymonkey5

Instead of bringing DLC, they could at least fix the game to a phase where it's always playable and mostly enjoyable game. The AI is still piss poor and graphics look like nothing from the trailers. They've improved optimization and path finding, but the game is still like a huge mess.

I still hope they will destroy Rome II as it is and start over. I waited so long to finally have a Rome II and they just blew it. The fact that Shogun 2 was so awesome made it even worse. And now they want to bring us an expansion after all the feedback about fix first, expand later. They really lost me after Shogun 2.

Don Originale likes this

It's pretty soon for an expansion, because you always hear there are still many issues left untouched ^^

I'm still waiting to buy it at the moment, just waiting for the right price ^^

I think Sega rushed CA with this one, so for me all the blame is with Sega. Just like with Aliens Colonial Marines. If they could just fix 4 problems, the AI getting stuck on a ship when making a landing, barbarian walled cities glitching the hell out and not letting you climb ladders, weather causing game ending lag, and multiplayer campaigns getting out of sync, i'd be happy. its not all done obviously but those are my major issues with the game at this point. So I guess my answer is yeah, i'm down for an expansion. I love total war and I want to support it. I think they've been doing all they can to make us happy after the embarrassing launch. They fixed things that from a gameplay standpoint, weren't necessarily broken, like the stupid defending flags during open field battles, and how ridiculously short the battles were. Sega fucked up by rushing them, they're not going to apologize. CA fucked up by making the game more mainstream, and they fixed it and got it back to the traditional total war feel. If it's a good game then itll draw new players regardless, and I hate that they even tried making it more mainstream, but you have to give the devil his due, they did listen to feedback.

ViralBunny likes this

Im a HUGE fucking Total War Fan i got over 600 Hours on Empire Total War (Look at my Steam Account) but i dont buying this Game whit that Broke AI, as a Veteran in TW i caint play whit that shity AI! Its fuckd up and no challange at all. I Hope also that the Expansion fixes this. I will wait on a rewiev on it. Can you please keep us updated if the Expansion fixes the AI and Bugs!?

Im a HUGE fucking Total War Fan i got over 600 Hours on Empire Total War (Look at my Steam Account) but i dont buying this Game whit that Broke AI, as a Veteran in TW i caint play whit that shity AI! Its fuckd up and no challange at all. I Hope also that the Expansion fixes this. I will wait on a rewiev on it. Can you please keep us updated if the Expansion fixes the AI and Bugs!?

If joe doesnt do a quicky review or TB i will post here after an hour or so of having it, with a list of faults if new or improvements if any. i wont go over all the old bugs we have all know and love by now. Just for those who wish an instant honest view. I would aprecialte anyone else getting it to do the same, here would be nice to help the forums stay clean, but i would like to see views when its released, see if im just cynical > soft or spot on.

AlShareef114 likes this

Well here it is, 10% pre order discount on steam right now.

Hopefully people see it and won't be suckered into buying Rome 2 and after I saw this I made a Steam recomendation against buying it. Hopefully people won't be fooled. The game is still unfinished and broken. Now they are trying to milk more money out of people? They should fix the game first. This kind of behaviour can not be endorsed.

I say this as someone who loves Total War and was thoroughly disapointed with this game and CA/SEGA attitudes following release. As it becomes ever more apparent we won't ever get the game we wanted I can only become more upset by the whole matter. My fault though I bought the hype and lies and pre-ordered. It's just a bit of a slap in the face to offer more content for a price when your game doesn't work properly. I don't care who it is, CA or SEGA this kind of stuff shouldn't be allowed.

elgys and AlShareef114 like this

it looks cool but im not buying it maybe i will when its dirt cheap and when they fix the game then maybe

Joe liked this a couple of days ago! Its a long but pretty awsome review on the Game itself. You Guys should look at it its worth the 30min.

Ich really dont think that they will fix all this Shit in the Expansion. Some really pretty stupid stuff in this game.

Joe liked this a couple of days ago! Its a long but pretty awsome review on the Game itself. You Guys should look at it its worth the 30min.

Ich really dont think that they will fix all this Shit in the Expansion. Some really pretty stupid stuff in this game.

Thanks i loved it.

AlShareef114 likes this

Look, guys, if Creative Assembly isn't going to take time to patch Rome 2's problems before they release an expansion, they're probably not going to patch it and fix issues, which proves that they don't care.

Personally, if this crap continues I am going to refuse buying anymore Total War titles.

Look, guys, if Creative Assembly isn't going to take time to patch Rome 2's problems before they release an expansion, they're probably not going to patch it and fix issues, which proves that they don't care.

Personally, if this crap continues I am going to refuse buying anymore Total War titles.

I think you are right, i can remember ther was a Bug of Massiv Lag in Empire Total War wich made Fort Battles impossible, the game droped to 2fps. They never ever fixed this issues even the modding comunity was outraging about that where bombing CA whit Emails about it but they never responded NEVER EVER! It also was an AI Bug wich caused this Bug. The Modding Comunity could not fix it for themselfs because they didnt had the tools for it. CA dont gives a shit about the Gamers sad but true.

Yup most people would seem to agree the games pretty much fucked on release and no time soon will they get it fully polished, but i am hoping they did the expansion not too bad, as it was hopefully worked on along side the main game and maybe it had more bug/error check time and may show us how rome 2 should have been, btw 13 ctds today on Rome 2 so far, so glad i reinstalled it to push to see if old bugs were fixed via patches :(

As i said earlier, ill still get this expansion dispite any FU i feel ca / sega has given us fans, depending on its performance that will depend if im a fan of anymore TW games, ever most likely.

Its such a shame the game was built on a platform for distance units (empire) and then altered for 1 on 1 combat (Shogun 2) then used for rome 2, which in all fairness does not need any of there physics or combat styles, a few months>years updating rome 1s engine would have pleased so many more fans with far less issues. sadly, what do we know, we only play the game.

AlShareef114 likes this

Yup most people would seem to agree the games pretty much fucked on release and no time soon will they get it fully polished, but i am hoping they did the expansion not too bad, as it was hopefully worked on along side the main game and maybe it had more bug/error check time and may show us how rome 2 should have been, btw 13 ctds today on Rome 2 so far, so glad i reinstalled it to push to see if old bugs were fixed via patches :(

As i said earlier, ill still get this expansion dispite any FU i feel ca / sega has given us fans, depending on its performance that will depend if im a fan of anymore TW games, ever most likely.

Its such a shame the game was built on a platform for distance units (empire) and then altered for 1 on 1 combat (Shogun 2) then used for rome 2, which in all fairness does not need any of there physics or combat styles, a few months>years updating rome 1s engine would have pleased so many more fans with far less issues. sadly, what do we know, we only play the game.

You are speaking directly out of my Total War loving Guts hahah :D 100% my opinion right there!!!

ViralBunny likes this

hope they do fix alot of issues with the game although it runs perfectly fine on a moderate laptop now had a few issues with it to start of with but its playable got 200+ hours on it 

I'm hoping that the release of this DLC will also bring with it tons of bug fixes as they work on the core mechanics. 

Also please just get rid of torches. Keep it for the DLC cause wood gates and all that, but why am I burning down a bronze gate?

I have a lot of love for the TW series so yes I'll probably but this expansion on principle, but if there aren't a bunch of fixes included with it I will be very disappointed.

I am looking forward the expansion, but I will wait one or two weeks before buying it to see if it worth the money.

Also, for thoses who find rome 2 bad, just take some mods ;) There are great mods around the steam workshop and you can really adress the issues you might have with general perks, year per turn, additional units, diplomacy,...

I highly recommend the "Radious total war mod" which I find really good.

I am looking forward the expansion, but I will wait one or two weeks before buying it to see if it worth the money.

Also, for thoses who find rome 2 bad, just take some mods ;) There are great mods around the steam workshop and you can really adress the issues you might have with general perks, year per turn, additional units, diplomacy,...

I highly recommend the "Radious total war mod" which I find really good.

I just want the siege AI to work DX

But I caved and pre-ordered. Creative Assembly still has some of my faith left over.