• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Tormentor

How far will you patch for Rome?

11 posts in this topic

Well...is official a new campaign pack is on the way.

"We’ve announced a brand new standalone campaign pack for Total War: ROME II - the Caesar in Gaul Campaign Pack - covering Julius Caesar’s war of expansion against the Gaulish tribes. Included will be a new campaign map, a greater focus on characters, compact focussed multiplayer design, new mid-game challenge mechanics and three new factions! "

1486762_555699161171955_440740349_n.jpg
Check out the official forums for more information
http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/113376-Caesar-in-Gaul-Expansion-Campaign-Pack-for-Total-War-ROME-II?p=980217#post980217

I would like to hear thoughts from the AJSA community, especially if (like me) you pre-order this game.

Do you think this should be a free DLC? 
Do you thinks this is the  first piece of overpriced DLC for a game which still hasn't been fixed?
Is the game worthy after so much patches, updates, betas, etc?

What ever your opinions/questions are, I would like to hear all about em.

Personally I'm dubious about this new campaign, and as much as I would like to buy it...I can't skip the fact that they tricked us and sold us a buggy and terribly unfinished product. Yes the game works now (at least for me, I know for a fact that there is a lot of people out there who can't even run the game properly) and I "enjoyed" many hours of the game (more like learn to handle all the minor bugs, for long periods of time).

As a player and a fan of the saga, I'm still hurt for what we had to endure at launch. A game performance that roughly has matches half of what previous games like Medieval 2, Shogun 2 or even the First Rome brought to the table, is hardly worth any of my money and support. Because I remember, the pre-aplha footage from 2012, the footage from 2013 on E3....what happened with the game was a complete disaster, not to mention the false advertisement...oh yeah...I remember, I remember ....

4gg85.jpg

So how can I trust them again? Can you?.

Let's hear it :)

Yea i'm just gonna stick to Shogun 2

I'm not very interested in anything Rome II related unless it is a fix to the main campaign, so I think I'll pass on this unless it is free.

The greater focus on characters is a step in the right direction, but I can't take their word on this after what they have done so far with this game.

I would patch 500 times, and I would patch 500 more. Just to be the man who patched a 1000 times to play Rome: Total War.

That gave me a chuckle.

CA and SEGA since your apologize dogs are not here. Let me tell you one thing. FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU and your business ethic. FUCK YOUR MOTHER'S ASS and you overprice shit.

Glaice likes this

Patch Patch Patch....Not enough Patching please. Still buggy? DLC TIME!

like every game i patch until they stop releasing patches

I put all the blame on Sega for what I assumed must have been them rushing CA or not giving them more time. With the track record that they have with total war games it just seems kinda random to me that they would release this so fucked up unless they weren't given additional time. So for my own sanity i'm going to keep thinking that mean ol' Sega rushed the product like with Aliens Colonial Marines. I'm going to get the expansion. I love Total war and I want to support it and all the work that CA has been doing to fix the game merits my support. Obviously I can only speculate here but I feel like they've learned a pretty valuable lesson, like don't mainstream a fucking total war game to draw new players. if its a good game people will want to play it regardless. I do think that they should under price the DLC though, as a sort of, "yeah we fucked up, we're sorry" I don't think they should give it away for free, that's just bad from a business standpoint, but i feel like 7 or 8 dollars is completely reasonable. And assuming the DLC isn't insanely buggy, and tha'ts a big if, then when they inevitably release more DLC they can charge a more normal rate.

increased the budget? the game was a complete fuck up even though they said they did everything better than in the old games...

and whats up with this stupid flag capturing thing? if this is still in the game i won't waste another second thinking about buying this mess

Better to just stick to the past Total War games than Rome 2.. I was excited when the game was in development, but seeing the c*** they released just disappointed me. I'd rather keep my money than waste it on this.

Heck I even bought Medieval 2 Gold on Steam and installed mods just to forget this. I gotta tell ya Stainless Steel and Third Age Total War are beasts!