• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Linkfan3

Favorite Nostalgic Game That Stills Holds Up Today

47 posts in this topic

I'm gonna go with the 1st FPS game that I ever played Halo CE. God damn that game was awsome!

Starcraft Broodwar! Still has over 5000 players on the USEast server

Without a doubt it would have to be XIII from the original Xbox :D

Star Wars: Battlefont II, 007: Goldeneye, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Bully, Jak & Daxter Trilogy, Rachet & Clank Trilogy, Gun, Call of Juareaz, Max Payne etc.

Dark Cloud 2, all the way. My grandmother and I still play it from time to time.

Any of the old Lucas Arts adventure games. (Monkey Island, Maniac mansion, and Sam and Max: Hit the Road)

I would say, Gta san andreas, star wars battlefront series, Sly cooper series, Star wars jedi knight series. Those are games i had alot of fun with when i was younger and they are still fun today.

Timesplitters 2 and future perfect. 4 player couch co-op, 3 siblings, you get the picture. 

Nostalgic for me?

Ace Comabt Zero: The Belken War: 2006

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War and GTA: San Andreas: 2004 

The legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: 2000, however i did not play this as much as the other games, hell AC5 and zero are the reasons why i can't part from my PS2

I don't know if this counts as a nostalgic game ( it came out in 2003) but mine is Spongebob Squarepants Battle for Bikini Bottom. Now, I know a kids tv show licensed game seems crappy but it was surprisingly fun. And also it was my first game on my first console ( the Play Station 2) 

i remember that game, i was really good at it for some reason

I love old video games my favorites are Super Contra, Mario World, Zelda Link to the Past, and Sonic 2.

Mine would have to be Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. I used to go to my cousin's house every day after to school to play this game with him, and it was amazing. We would hold tournaments, try to speedrun arcade mode, memorizing fatalities, or just spend hours on end just fighting each other and training.

To this day, when I boot it up on my PS1 to play with my buddies, it's just as fun.

Most of my N64 library but Majoras Mask in particular and also Twilight Princess. Both easily the best Zelda games imho.

A couple of my favourite nostalgic games were Lego Alpha Team:

Lego Rock Raiders on the PC (Even though it was buggy, I admit that):

And, very embarrassingly, Lego Island...2:

(Only reason I still kinda like that game today is the music. The one thing that they didn't screw up in my opinion)

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy VII, and Skies of Arcadia.

Zero Foxtrot likes this

The Ratchet and Clank series(mainly A Crack In Time)is still good to me. Makes feel great and almost like I'm still playing it for the first time

By_zeus_beard likes this

Star Fox Adventures, Jurrasic Park Operation Genesis, Tempest, Donkey Kong Country, Golden Eye and Spyro the Dragon of course. And mostly everything I played on the game cube growing up.

I wonder if Phantasy Star Universe counts as nostalgic. It isn't too old yet but they did shut the servers down... bummer

i still have mario for the nes, psx einhander, metal gear solid, crash bandicoot resident evil

ps2 jak 3 rachet and clank ace combat zero

Destroy All Humans! and Destroy All Humans! 2. And Super Mario Sunshine and Chibi-Robo..... Good games.

zombiestalker4 likes this

For me it would be Halo: Combat Evolved