• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

blackwolf

Warhammer 40k moba game Anounced

15 posts in this topic

thats right all aa moba game for warhammer 40k was anounced today here is the article

British developer Eutechnyx  today announced that it’s currently working on Storm of Vengeance, a MOBA set in Games Workshop’s Warhammer 40,000 universe. Slated for a 2014 release on PC and mobile devices, Eutechnyx describes Storm of Vengeance as a “lane strategy game” set in the dark, gothic, but not-at-all emo universe of Warhammer 40,000.

Storm of Vengeance will be based on canonical events in the 40K universe, unlike Relic’s excellent real-time strategy series, Warhammer: 40,000: Dawn of War, which told an original story about an elite group of Space Marines called the Blood Ravens. Vengeance tells the story of the conflict on planet Piscina IV and features two notable characters: Grand Master Belial and Ork Warlord Ghazghkull Thraka. Players will either defend the planet as the Dark Angel Space Marines or joyfully annihilate it with the Ork Waaagh! (I’m not yelling at you. That’s just the correct terminology). If you want to find out more about the original Storm of Vengeance and the Piscina campaign—and you do because 40K fiction is really awesome—check out this PDF.

Eutechnyx didn’t share more details, but the fact that the announced platforms for the game are PC and mobile leads me to suspect this might be of a smaller scale when compared to the likes of League of Legends and Dota 2. This is also Eutechnyx’s first non-racing game—the developer is known for titles such as Auto Club Revolution and NASCAR games.

Dawn of War fans may remember that the series was becoming more and more like a MOBA with each sequel and expansion pack, especially with Dawn of War II: Retribution’s Last Stand mode. If you’re wondering about Relic and the fate of the Dawn of War series, we last heard that a more “MMO-like” sequel was a “strong possibility.”

nothing to been seen yet but will keep a eye on it. im a big warhammer 40k fan so anything like this is worth looking into still hoping for a dawn of war 3 but dont know if that will ever happen

BSB likes this

That's pretty darn cool! Have they said whether it's F2P or not?

I won't deny that this sounds cool... I just hope they won't screw it up, though. I'll try it out, that's for sure. I love the Warhammer 40k verse, after all.

more mobas isn't 3 major not enough ?

This looks so COOL. I'M SOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED

Me and my Tau army will rule the universe!!!! :D

PR Edition likes this

Is this from the guys who made...

RIDE TO HELL : RETRIBUTION!? 

:blink:

Actually yes it is...........So I hope they don't screw this up

PR Edition likes this

I'd love to have a GOOD MOBA in WH40k universe.

Actualy Dawn of War series and Space Marine are all considered in cannon. All icenced material is officialy considered cannon. However it is generely considered in the lowerst spot in canon hierarchy. Below Codexes and Black Library material.

Edit: you are not getting the point of last stand. Lanst stand was present in vanila DoW2, and it was just a side game. All of the game was still focused on Tactical/RTS part of the game. DoW was not in fact becomming MOBA like.

Edit2: you are taking sentence fragments out of context. "strong possiblity" somes from

Relic's Quinn Duffy gave us hope for a third entry in the franchise, saying there is "a strong possibility we'll all be working together again on Dawn of War.

"MMO-like" comes from

Well, according to former THQ president Danny Bilson, some version of Dawn of War 3 was in the pipe before the house of cards came down. He described it as having "a much larger strategic component" and being "sort of MMO-like." It's quite possible this direction was scrapped, however, after the failure of the "MMO-like" Company of Heroes Online.
- it is referencing something from Danny Bilson's interview back in 2011 before CoH Online failed. Danny Bilson was the President of THQ that led it into unrecoverable situation.

As long as it isn't a cash grab then I won't mind it being around. I mean...I'd rather have a DoW3 or Space Marine sequel. 

DoW3 is probably going to be made (SEGA bought the 40k licence). But thuis moba is suppsed to be made by some other guys altogether.

oh i hope they dont screw it up

I'm all for more good games and what not, however I think this genre is getting too flooded too quickly. This is a problem I have with many genres these days. Based on the success of a few games, more and more companies see this and want to cash in on the hype. This could very well not just be a company cashing in on the hype and popularity of the genre, but it really wouldn't be a surprise if it was.

It would be pretty damn great if it's good, I'm just worried that they might try to milk us for money in micro-transactions if it goes f2p but if it has a good business model with good gameplay then hell yeah

I'm wary of this after the Dawn of War II Standalone kerfuffle. Such little content when there could have been much, much more.