• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Black_Oak

An honest, revealing opinion.

26 posts in this topic

post-31818-0-49082000-1386091425_thumb.jHere is a brief disclaimer:  This is my opinion, and one that comes from the heart.  This post was inspired by TotalBiscuit's WTF is... of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.

Over the past few years of gaming, really since Gears of War 1 came out, I have had a creeping feeling develop.  That game was heralded for it's innovative and polished gameplay (for the time) but was criticized for it's story.  Fast forward to Battlefield 3.  BF3 was ranked, in many reviews, above COD3, but once again heralded for it's gameplay and online play, but criticized for its lack of a good story (this was said by our commander himself, Angry Joe).  Again, I am watching TotalBiscuit's WTF is... of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and he said that within the initial Far Cry there was a game that took itself too seriously.  He pointed out that the writer for FC3 went for a serious message, but that he felt gamers did not comprehend how serious the message is.  Gamers responded saying that he took it too seriously, that it is a great game and nothing more.  TotalBiscuit states this in his first impression of Blood Dragon, and agrees.

I kept thinking to myself, over the years after these opinions unfolded, that I felt differently.  That I thought all the stories were amazing.  Why?  Why did I become so enraptured by the story of GOW1 and Far Cry 3?  Then it hit me:  I'm a grunt.  I am a former United States Marine that served 3 combat tours over seas.  I have many wounds both physical and within from that time.  I began to realize that the reason I loved these stories that other gamers seemingly found shallow, or lacking, was that I could relate to the characters or theme personally, on a very deep level.  I understood the gruntness of Marcus Fenix and the others, in many ways I am like them.  The Marine Corps is a rough neck society, where cheesy shit talking and generally being rough around the edges is a way of life.  I knew guys like Coltrane and Baird.  I realized that I loved BF3's story (sorry Angry Joe, you're wrong on this one) because I was a fucking combat marine for God's sake.  That story put you in the shoes of a squad of Marines.  That game was extremely intense for me to play single player because the sites, sounds, and the ways the marines communicated practically gave me flash backs.  It was immensely real and immersive for me.  And as for Far Cry 3... Gamers, you are wrong.  My second combat tour I was a part of a Marine Expeditionary Group that responded to Somali Pirates taking British merchant vessels over.  I had to combat, first hand, exactly what Jason Brody had too.  And like Jason Brody, I was not sure if I could return home who I once was.  The message in FC3 is that that fucking world exists, and it is dark, and bloody, and vicious.  Some of us had to lose a part of ourselves so that you do not have to experience it.  So you see, these stories may not affect the average gamer, but they affected me on a very deep level.  It is all a matter of perception.  My wish is that Angry Joe and Total Biscuit could see this article, and perhaps have their understanding of those stories broadened.  For anyone that has read this whole thing, and would like to respond, I accept any criticism or comment.  I fought for your right to say what you want. (and semper Fi SGT ROSS, and any other Marine that reads this).

Former Sgt. Benjamin Riddle, USMC

post-31818-0-73491000-1386091579_thumb.j

You got a fair point there. I never was in the army or never experienced the horror that it has to offer and also did not play the SP of FarCry or BF3 f.e. but I heard lots and lots about them and I get why you got a totally different look at this. Did you play SPec Ops: The Line? Would like to hear your thoughts about that

BSB likes this

For anyone that has read this whole thing, and would like to respond, I accept any criticism or comment.  I fought for your right to say what you want. (and Femper Fi SGT ROSS, and any other Marine that reads this).

Here's where we are immediately going to disagree.

You did Not fight, for my right to say or express an opinion on what I believe in.

You did Not fight for anyone elses right to say.

You fought, because you joined the army.

You fought, because you were one of those who decided to do so.

You fight, because a politician demands that you do so.

The very same politician who later can turn around and say "Civilians have nothing to say. Silence them."

It was your choice to go there and do what you feel is good in the world.

I do not blame you for that. Nor do I blame you for the well expressed opinion of losing a part of yourself.

If you feel that you did good, then I will accept that. But do not say that you fight for someones right to express themselves because that right belongs solely to the people who has an opinion. Not an army boy. No offense meant but by the end of the day, you're the arm of the system and if they decide, they'll crush their own people. Never, lose that objectiveness if you're going to be in the military because if you do, then you've truly lost your soul. Because then, they own you.

That being said, I've known jerkasses like those too. You may not have thought them to have been jerks and I cannot know those friends of yours.

But the friends I had, awful awful people and they acted just that way too. What you are saying overall in your honest and truthful opinion is entirely true. It is subjective stories that some people do experience in their lives but that doesn't necessarily make them good or something we'd want to hear more off. Some games are made with the critical nod of "Look, these things do happen. Look it up." and this is both good and bad. But personally, I really don't like such stories. I feel that if I wanted such stories, I'd just read the news or join the army. That doesn't make them bad, some people love such stories.

In the end, such games and their stories, are subjective taste.

And that is good ^_^

Sigma081 and Nemesis like this

12 years, British Army, 2nd battalion Parachute Regiment (2 Para for short).

I've been to damn near every shit hole combat zone there is to be seen. UN "peacekeeping" tours sent me to some extremely lovely places full of brutality, death, mass graves and all that other fun stuff you like to see on your holidays.

I haven't played a single game that reminds me of any of it.

The difference between me and Jason Brody is I knew damn well what I was doing. I'd trained for it and i'd lived it.

I can't put myself in his place because he was a civilian, I wasn't.

While I do understand your point of view I just don't share it. A civilian picking things up along the way as he did and a fully trained and tested Paratrooper are 2 entirely different things. 

I don't see what some people see in Battlefield and Call of Duty. I see people pick those up and think they know about guns and get an insight into combat and being a soldier. What I see are little armchair warriors that would shit bricks and probably cry in a corner should they find themselves in that situation. 

Games, even "war" games are meant to be taken with a bit of fun.

You and I and the other people here who have been there know full well there is no fun when the shit hits the fan. It's loud, it's blinding and it's fast. The only thought is making sure it's you and the people around you who are standing when that smoke clears.

Black_Oak, Divergence and Bytrine like this

I'm not a marine, but I 110% agree with you. I think its because I have a deeper perception though then most people. I find that I can relate to almost anything, where others can't. Maybe that is why I also connected so well with these games. I don't understand why Angry Joe didn't like the BF3 story, also I loved the Far Cry 3 story to death. O man though. I have had a friend who has been raped. When a character in that game was also raped. The flashbacks....... I enjoyed killing that bastard.

It's not really that they are wrong they just can't relate to it the way you can. Obviously a lot of people can't so they find it bland or boring because for the most part a lot of the stories are so similar that they get tired of it game after game.

Now I don't really know what else they can possibly do to change it up but yeah, most gamers who simply can't relate to it but have the same type of thing thrown at them over and over just get tired of it.

Here's where we are immediately going to disagree.

You did Not fight, for my right to say or express an opinion on what I believe in.

You did Not fight for anyone elses right to say.

You fought, because you joined the army.

You fought, because you were one of those who decided to do so.

You fight, because a politician demands that you do so.

The very same politician who later can turn around and say "Civilians have nothing to say. Silence them."

It was your choice to go there and do what you feel is good in the world.

I do not blame you for that. Nor do I blame you for the well expressed opinion of losing a part of yourself.

If you feel that you did good, then I will accept that. But do not say that you fight for someones right to express themselves because that right belongs solely to the people who has an opinion. Not an army boy. No offense meant but by the end of the day, you're the arm of the system and if they decide, they'll crush their own people. Never, lose that objectiveness if you're going to be in the military because if you do, then you've truly lost your soul. Because then, they own you.

That being said, I've known jerkasses like those too. You may not have thought them to have been jerks and I cannot know those friends of yours.

But the friends I had, awful awful people and they acted just that way too. What you are saying overall in your honest and truthful opinion is entirely true. It is subjective stories that some people do experience in their lives but that doesn't necessarily make them good or something we'd want to hear more off. Some games are made with the critical nod of "Look, these things do happen. Look it up." and this is both good and bad. But personally, I really don't like such stories. I feel that if I wanted such stories, I'd just read the news or join the army. That doesn't make them bad, some people love such stories.

In the end, such games and their stories, are subjective taste.

And that is good ^_^

You're not American, so technically you are right... I haven't done shit for you.

I've been to damn near every shit hole combat zone there is to be seen. UN "peacekeeping" tours sent me to some extremely lovely places full of brutality, death, mass graves and all that other fun stuff you like to see on your holidays.

The difference between me and Jason Brody is I knew damn well what I was doing. I'd trained for it and i'd lived it.

While I do understand your point of view I just don't share it. A civilian picking things up along the way as he did and a fully trained and tested Paratrooper are 2 entirely different things. 

I don't see what some people see in Battlefield and Call of Duty. I see people pick those up and think they know about guns and get an insight into combat and being a soldier. What I see are little armchair warriors that would shit bricks and probably cry in a corner should they find themselves in that situation. 

You and I and the other people here who have been there know full well there is no fun when the shit hits the fan. It's loud, it's blinding and it's fast. The only thought is making sure it's you and the people around you who are standing when that smoke clears.

For me it was seeing how I viewed them honestly.  And while the stories and games did more than immerse me... I don't play with them anymore for those reasons.  At any rate, I appreciate your service Brit.  I served with some damn fine British soldiers, and your grittiniess and humor are well welcomed out there.  No better soldier on the planet.  I don't expect people to understand, especially some that have replied to this post.  But that negligence comes from the sweat off our backs, and should be seen as the fruit of our labor.  And please, could you all stop saying I was in the army, it's Marines, there's a difference.  Hope your safe brother, maybe we will meet on this battlefield one day, or the next.

For crying out loud people TB does not make reviews,he gives FIRST IMPRESSIONS!

Get it right.

haha. truth.  Sorry if I said he did do a review.

You're not American, so technically you are right... I haven't done shit for you.

I'm not going to pull this out any longer but that was a massively cop out.

I'll just say this; Don't be so quick to dismiss what I just wrote. Contemplate on it.

I'll just say this; Don't be so quick to dismiss what I just wrote. Contemplate on it.

I haven't dismissed it, we just have differing opinions.  For the sake of not getting into an intense argument over the internet, I'm simply saying that you're right.  Considering our backgrounds, our differences will differ on some subjects.  If we were in person, I'd be willing to have this conversation.  I'll be the first to say I mistrust the government, and that I did have to do many things I didn't agree with because they were my orders.  So please don't assume that I turned a blind eye.  They are all just very intense and complicated emotions and opinions.  Also, I wasn't in the Army, I was in the Marines.  There's a difference.

I haven't dismissed it, we just have differing opinions.  For the sake of not getting into an intense argument over the internet, I'm simply saying that you're right.  Considering our backgrounds, our differences will differ on some subjects.  If we were in person, I'd be willing to have this conversation.  I'll be the first to say I mistrust the government, and that I did have to do many things I didn't agree with because they were my orders.  So please don't assume that I turned a blind eye.  They are all just very intense and complicated emotions and opinions.  Also, I wasn't in the Army, I was in the Marines.  There's a difference.

Yeah I know there's a difference between the Marines and the Army.

Fair enough, if it was in person then perhaps it'd be an easier way to discuss it but yes, our opinions on that will differ extremely much so.

For me it was seeing how I viewed them honestly.  And while the stories and games did more than immerse me... I don't play with them anymore for those reasons.  At any rate, I appreciate your service Brit.  I served with some damn fine British soldiers, and your grittiniess and humor are well welcomed out there.  No better soldier on the planet.  I don't expect people to understand, especially some that have replied to this post.  But that negligence comes from the sweat off our backs, and should be seen as the fruit of our labor.  And please, could you all stop saying I was in the army, it's Marines, there's a difference.  Hope your safe brother, maybe we will meet on this battlefield one day, or the next.

Like I said buddy, I do understand where you are coming from with your view. We've seen similar things to what appear in some games so it does stand to reason it would immerse people like us a bit more.

My problem with games like that is I don't want immersing or reminding. Granted I couldn't relate to the Brody character because we are completely different. But "war" style games do have a base in what we know even if it's only small similarities.

It is nice to see fellow soldiers still gaming though. It's good to know boot polish, crap food and those god awful field rations haven't killed our sense of fun.

Speaking of field rations. Any British soldiers around that remembers Curry in a Hurry..... They said the hurry part was because it's quick to make but we know better. 

i'll say you're wrong. haveing grown up in that culture (and it is a culture all it's own) no one joined so some politician could tell them to go kill, they joined so they could serve their country and, yes, defend the rights of it's citizens. those are motivations, not realities. what actually happens is a different story, but you are very wrong as to why. also, with regards to the military turning on it's citizens, you really have to understand the culture to understand why less than half would support something like that. the military tends to be one of the most conservative groupings in american culture. i'm not going to get into war justifications, but i think what you wrote does a huge diservice to the people that, and you are correct in this, choose to put their own asses on the line.

Black_Oak likes this

Like I said buddy, I do understand where you are coming from with your view. We've seen similar things to what appear in some games so it does stand to reason it would immerse people like us a bit more.

My problem with games like that is I don't want immersing or reminding. Granted I couldn't relate to the Brody character because we are completely different. But "war" style games do have a base in what we know even if it's only small similarities.

It is nice to see fellow soldiers still gaming though. It's good to know boot polish, crap food and those god awful field rations haven't killed our sense of fun.

Speaking of field rations. Any British soldiers around that remembers Curry in a Hurry..... They said the hurry part was because it's quick to make but we know better. 

I mostly relate to Jason Brody in watching him change over time (obviously the time line of this game and what happens in real life all have to be taken with a grain of salt).  Over time he became somthing else, which I could relate to.  I watched his loss of innocence (I wasn't born a Marine, so I can relate to this as well), and in the end, how he felt like he couldn't relate to society anymore.  I wasn't sure what Far Cry 3 was about, just that it got great reviews.  Once in, i did what I knew best, fought my way out and pissed of women.  Haha, I hear you on the curry brother.

i'll say you're wrong. haveing grown up in that culture (and it is a culture all it's own) no one joined so some politician could tell them to go kill, they joined so they could serve their country and, yes, defend the rights of it's citizens. those are motivations, not realities. what actually happens is a different story, but you are very wrong as to why. also, with regards to the military turning on it's citizens, you really have to understand the culture to understand why less than half would support something like that. the military tends to be one of the most conservative groupings in american culture. i'm not going to get into war justifications, but i think what you wrote does a huge diservice to the people that, and you are correct in this, choose to put their own asses on the line.

I won't take the flame bait here but I'll just say that you have a very naive look on things and we will never agree on it.

But one thing I will say is this; "...the military tends to be one of the most conservative groupings in american culture."

- Conservatism is one of the worst possible things you could be in politics as it says "We should stick with what we know and always have. Damn new stuff!"

If you'd want to continue this discussion, then let's take it in PM's.

Personally I'm not interested but I'm giving you the offer.

I won't take the flame bait here but I'll just say that you have a very naive look on things and we will never agree on it.

But one thing I will say is this; "...the military tends to be one of the most conservative groupings in american culture."

- Conservatism is one of the worst possible things you could be in politics as it says "We should stick with what we know and always have. Damn new stuff!"

If you'd want to continue this discussion, then let's take it in PM's.

Personally I'm not interested but I'm giving you the offer.

no flame bait, just my opinion of your opinion, and you're right, we won't agree, and i'm satisfied to leave it at that.

You got a fair point there. I never was in the army or never experienced the horror that it has to offer and also did not play the SP of FarCry or BF3 f.e. but I heard lots and lots about them and I get why you got a totally different look at this. Did you play SPec Ops: The Line? Would like to hear your thoughts about that

Thanks man.  No I haven't had the opportunity to play Spec-Ops: The Line.  But thank you for wishing to hear more of my opinion and reading this thread.

My mother was a Marin and four of my six uncles where Navy Seals and most of the older people in my life where either part of the Army or in the Air Force so I happen to think even though I decided to be a civilian I can say my peace about certain things in regards to subjects  like this.

I cant relate to any of the games granted I haven't lived it myself but I know enough people I think if it was possible to relate I would.. The real life horror and degradation of spirit is so much worse. I honestly don't think these types of games can even get remotely close to what really living such scenario's is like.

There's a big difference between reloading a game and knowing your life is really on the line. I suppose that the biggest reason I never played such games much is I have seen firsthand what true war and kill or be killed circumstances do to people. The ugly results.

My mother was a Marin and four of my six uncles where Navy Seals and most of the older people in my life where either part of the Army or in the Air Force so I happen to think even though I decided to be a civilian I can say my peace about certain things in regards to subjects  like this.

I cant relate to any of the games granted I haven't lived it myself but I know enough people I think if it was possible to relate I would.. The real life horror and degradation of spirit is so much worse. I honestly don't think these types of games can even get remotely close to what really living such scenario's is like.

There's a big difference between reloading a game and knowing your life is really on the line. I suppose that the biggest reason I never played such games much is I have seen firsthand what true war and kill or be killed circumstances do to people. The ugly results.

Wrath,  Thank you for your family's service and for your support of all of them and others.  The life of a loved one (son, daughter, sibling, wife, husband) is always a very hard track as well and takes a great deal of sacrifice and understanding.  Thank you.

Wrath,  Thank you for your family's service and for your support of all of them and others.  The life of a loved one (son, daughter, sibling, wife, husband) is always a very hard track as well and takes a great deal of sacrifice and understanding.  Thank you.

I feel like I should say Thank you here.

Im  the hippie in my family I guess.....

If a person can relate to any game well that's always a good thing and it shows the writing did a really well job and who doesn't like being able to relate well to a character? If a game can absorb a person in to it do to them having real life experience that relates well within the game I think its a win/win no matter the person or job.

I just think to many people play these types of games and think its like the real thing and no its not. You did head shots in a game not reality big difference. There are feelings and what not no game can replicate. Emotional scarring and all that.

Its like that whole saying "If you had to kill your food.." A lot of folks wouldn't blink at saying yes, and as someone who has actually had to kill my food before, I have to say I'd probably need a LARGE garden, drink a lot of milk and eat a lot of eggs and fish (For some odd reason I'm fine with killing a fish, I have no idea why but there it is).

Until you actually chop its head off, drain the blood, skin/pluck it "you" don't know what its like so don't think you can do something just because a game comes across a certain way.

That's very frustrating when people,mostly younger ones, act like that to me

Black_Oak likes this

attachicon.gif156873_1741470054768_1179181172_2070822_6384522_n.jpgHere is a brief disclaimer:  This is my opinion, and one that comes from the heart.  This post was inspired by TotalBiscuit's WTF is... of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.

Over the past few years of gaming, really since Gears of War 1 came out, I have had a creeping feeling develop.  That game was heralded for it's innovative and polished gameplay (for the time) but was criticized for it's story.  Fast forward to Battlefield 3.  BF3 was ranked, in many reviews, above COD3, but once again heralded for it's gameplay and online play, but criticized for its lack of a good story (this was said by our commander himself, Angry Joe).  Again, I am watching TotalBiscuit's WTF is... of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and he said that within the initial Far Cry there was a game that took itself too seriously.  He pointed out that the writer for FC3 went for a serious message, but that he felt gamers did not comprehend how serious the message is.  Gamers responded saying that he took it too seriously, that it is a great game and nothing more.  TotalBiscuit states this in his first impression of Blood Dragon, and agrees.

I kept thinking to myself, over the years after these opinions unfolded, that I felt differently.  That I thought all the stories were amazing.  Why?  Why did I become so enraptured by the story of GOW1 and Far Cry 3?  Then it hit me:  I'm a grunt.  I am a former United States Marine that served 3 combat tours over seas.  I have many wounds both physical and within from that time.  I began to realize that the reason I loved these stories that other gamers seemingly found shallow, or lacking, was that I could relate to the characters or theme personally, on a very deep level.  I understood the gruntness of Marcus Fenix and the others, in many ways I am like them.  The Marine Corps is a rough neck society, where cheesy shit talking and generally being rough around the edges is a way of life.  I knew guys like Coltrane and Baird.  I realized that I loved BF3's story (sorry Angry Joe, you're wrong on this one) because I was a fucking combat marine for God's sake.  That story put you in the shoes of a squad of Marines.  That game was extremely intense for me to play single player because the sites, sounds, and the ways the marines communicated practically gave me flash backs.  It was immensely real and immersive for me.  And as for Far Cry 3... Gamers, you are wrong.  My second combat tour I was a part of a Marine Expeditionary Group that responded to Somali Pirates taking British merchant vessels over.  I had to combat, first hand, exactly what Jason Brody had too.  And like Jason Brody, I was not sure if I could return home who I once was.  The message in FC3 is that that fucking world exists, and it is dark, and bloody, and vicious.  Some of us had to lose a part of ourselves so that you do not have to experience it.  So you see, these stories may not affect the average gamer, but they affected me on a very deep level.  It is all a matter of perception.  My wish is that Angry Joe and Total Biscuit could see this article, and perhaps have their understanding of those stories broadened.  For anyone that has read this whole thing, and would like to respond, I accept any criticism or comment.  I fought for your right to say what you want. (and semper Fi SGT ROSS, and any other Marine that reads this).

I have nothing but respect for people like you two, but I don't particularity want to go some sappy, stupid, overly patriotic ramble and just cut straight to my thoughts on Black_Oaks topic.

Being a marine, I can certainly see why you (Black_Oak) relate more easily to the stories in these games. The thing is, I can say with some degree of certainty that was never the intention of these developers. They just know that they can get away with a half arced single player campaign (it's not just the story, it's pretty much the single player campaign as a whole) because it seems to be online multiplayer is the be all and end all of FPS's these days. That's why people tend to call these stories a bit shit, basically because they either are a bit shit or the players don't care about them and say they're a bit shit to make if look as if they give a damn.

I'm not a big FPS gamer, but the ones I do play tend to be more like Farcry 3, Borderlands and Killzone rather than COD and Battlefield. Games that are more detached from reality. I've just prefer things that way. I like my games in general to be like that. If you can connect more with BF4 more that, say me, because you you past and experiences in the military, than good for you, but for most people who play these games, it's just not important enough or, dare I say, appealing enough to do so.

Black_Oak likes this

I have nothing but respect for people like you two, but I don't particularity want to go some sappy, stupid, overly patriotic ramble and just cut straight to my thoughts on Black_Oaks topic.

Being a marine, I can certainly see why you (Black_Oak) relate more easily to the stories in these games. The thing is, I can say with some degree of certainty that was never the intention of these developers. They just know that they can get away with a half arced single player campaign (it's not just the story, it's pretty much the single player campaign as a whole) because it seems to be online multiplayer is the be all and end all of FPS's these days. That's why people tend to call these stories a bit shit, basically because they either are a bit shit or the players don't care about them and say they're a bit shit to make if look as if they give a damn.

I'm not a big FPS gamer, but the ones I do play tend to be more like Farcry 3, Borderlands and Killzone rather than COD and Battlefield. Games that are more detached from reality. I've just prefer things that way. I like my games in general to be like that. If you can connect more with BF4 more that, say me, because you you past and experiences in the military, than good for you, but for most people who play these games, it's just not important enough or, dare I say, appealing enough to do so.

That was a very well thought out and composed string of thoughts.  Thank you.  I mostly like a fantasy game myself.  Someone gave me BF3 for free so I gave it a try.  Gears of War is fantasy, I guess grunts are grunts.  And I took in Far Cry 3 after Angry Joe's review.   I had no idea it was going to be directly related to a global situation I had experience in.  I buy games for their single player uses, if multiplayer is cool, than that's a bonus, but I kike to immerse myself within my own observations and thoughts.

Well I never played far cry 3, I only played the 1st mission of battlefied 3, but do understand where your coming from. You found some games that hit your life; therefore amplifiying your experience with these games. I can relate on that end.

Assassin's Creed 3 is my favorite AC game but it too got critized by Angry Joe and most youtube reviewers. But that's just it mate, its their opinion its what they think of the game. Perhaps AC 3 woudn't be so special to me if it didn't relate to myself. Always being misguided and looked at as poor example of a tradidion of past indiduals that you have to surpass or else your a disgrace. To me AC3 showed a foreign individual who wasn't rich and elegant to use fancy clothes or weapons. Wasn't raised in an environment where a creed was everything that mattered. It was just a boy triying to figure out the world and triying his best to save those he cared about and unfortunatly having others will so called good morals misguiding him and deceiving him into mistakes.

In the end he was all alone, and his experience grew out of his trials; he felt real in that way.  Most people would argue Connor was dull and his character was antisocial. But it is what it is man. A good game is decided on your first gameplay with it. At least thats what I think, reviews are good but its ultimatly up to you to decided how great your games are.

Black_Oak likes this