• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Alanas4201

Do you hate idea of the ramping difficulity levels ?

Progressively difficulity   34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hate it ?

• I hate when games get way too easy progressing throw story.
    • I hate when games get way too hard progressing story or have difficulity spikes .
    • I hate both .
    • No i alright with that.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

41 posts in this topic

Do you hate games when you play on your difficulty level and it amp's really high on the level that it makes you frustrated or when games lowers difficulty to so easy and makes games really boring like AC4 or witcher2 when get a lot good gear and potions and kill anyone in your way i personally it hate.

I like mindless soul-reaping some times. I also like tearing out someone's heart with skillful precision. I like it when I can stick to one thing throughout the entire game and not have to worry about jumping between the two. I buy a game for either a challenge or a story, sometimes I'm granted both in one, and I'd prefer it to just remain the same the way through if not getting progressively harder along the way.

Like my wife says, the harder the better. Lol I don't have a wife :(. I hate easy games. Love hard games.

Setting a difficulty level in a video game that's suitable for all players is near enough impossible, and that's kinda alternate difficulty settings have been a part of games since the NES. Difficulty spikes are as annoying as all hell though, especially when you just know the programmers got lazy and and/or just wanted to force you to play one part over and over and pad out the game.

i don't like difficulty spikes as well. there is a difference between hard and complicated but it gets mixed up.

i like it hard (shame on your dirty mind) but not frustratingly hard

I hate it when it is way too easy. I want a challenge and if it is hard, i should be able to either find a way to complete it or need to farm

I hate when a game tries to rip me off by being too easy.

I've been playing System Shock 2 lately and noticed how it doesn't point you in the direction you need to go or where the items you need are. As opposed to games like The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim where it will guide you down to the inch, even inside of ancient ruins that haven't been explored in centuries.

Wouldn't it be nice if games were still good?

I think most people are going to say they prefer it hard (perverts).

Most gamers have ,well, gamed for many years at this point and anything to easy is really irritating in itself. Gamers like a challenge!

Honestly I very rarely use an easy difficulty level unless I want to breeze threw a game and I cant say that has happened really ever. Im sure if someone is lacking time its probably preferable but on a regular basis I kind of prefer something to be difficult rather than not.

The challenge is what makes it fun!

I always put it on normal.

Too easy? Put it on hard.

Too hard? Put it on easy.

I loved what this little gem, God Hand, did. The better you played the game (dish out taunts, long combos, don't get hit, etc), the harder the game got (there was a special gauge that showed the difficulty too). The worse you played the game (pretty much getting hit, and in succession) the easier it got.

Granted you could still pick the difficulty of the game (easy, normal, hard). But the gauge still acted the same (LV 1. LV 2. LV 3. LV DIE).

Hard mode on LV DIE... it's not kidding when it caps out and says "DIE."

I usually play on default difficulty first play through. If I play through a second time I might ramp it up a bit. But I do notice that sometimes you get big changes in difficulty from battle to battle. There will be one encounter that kicks your butt, and then right after it there will be an 'on rails' level where you just follow someone or shoot out the side of a helicopter or something. It's as if the game designers said "we kicked their but pretty hard on that last level. Better give them on easy one this level or they might stop playing."

I always start on the hardest difficulty, once I beat it I play on the easier difficulty just to see how different it is.

It dependsd for me, I like a balance game. 

Goes kind of easy for the first hour or so, so you get your bearings and learn how to play the game well, and prepares you for the challenges that are coming ahead.

If I can beat the game, just by pushing one button or using one kind of strategy or just by being so overpowered that I can kill everything in my path by just staring at it, its just boring. But if a game suddenly decides to kill me over and over again, not giving me any chance or room to beat it, then is just frustrating

I like playing games on easier difficulties to get through the story. Once I complete it the first time, I usually ramp up the difficulty for the challenge.

I like a game that punishes you for mistakes, this can be hard and frustrating at times but rewarding at the same time. Remember those times back in the day where you had no checkpoints and one hit deaths. Well that doesnt mean every enemy you face is hard, that every jump you see is a easy one. But back in your head there is this little voice that tells you when you fuck up ( and trust me you wil ) you will have to start over again. Making every small thing you do in a game intense in a way.

What i think about ramping difficulty, well I think its a good thing. It gives a player the option to choose his or her own matching difficulty setting. But then again in a lot of games it makes for frustratingly hard or easy parts. I remember in Spec ops the line where i had no difficulty playing the game on super turbo mega hard mode ( or w/e its called ) but there was one part where you had to dodge helichopter bullets/rockets and cover was made out of air. You have to run from one side to a other side without dying. Sounds easy enough right. Well it fucking isnt and pissed me off

I always start on the hardest difficulty, once I beat it I play on the easier difficulty just to see how different it is.

This is me for the most part. I only hate when a game is stupidly hard, like XCOM on impossible iron man. I mean, that was just cheap, theres no way around to defending this. 

I prefer a balance aka the game shouldn't be too hard or too easy either,but rather in between.Difficulty spikes though are annoying as hell.

I prefer a balance aka the game shouldn't be too hard or too easy either,but rather in between.Difficulty spikes though are annoying as hell.

miss fire .

on topic I don't mind spikes, depending on how it is done, ie a good example would be diablo 3s nightmareish mobs

It's difficult to make a game "hard". A lot of time they just add more enemies, give them more health, do more damage, etc. The enemies are not smarter. It just makes things tedious. If I want a real challenge I will just play real people.

More than hard i would say challenging, when a game it's hard just for the sake of being hard is just messed up.

I forget what game it was but I played a game one time that had adaptive difficulty. If you started kicking ass it started throwing crazy enemies at you who would use different tactics.  I think if you aren't dying at all towards the end of the game it's not worth playing

I will most likely go for "normal" and sometimes even "easy". I just have too many games to fight my way through games on hard and I don't got the patience for that anymore and I play games for the story and not for the challenge. What I hate the most are RPGs where the monsters level with you without any reason. If I decide to grind and get stronger I want to be stronger and not the monsters to be my level again which makes the whole process nearly useless

My personal prefference? Depends.

In a RPG, a game with little to no scaling of any kind. Starting enemies remain dangerous trought the game, and you are NOT A demi-god of destruction, but very squishy.

In a game like Space Marine? CLENSE! PURGE! KILL!

What I hate the most are RPGs where the monsters level with you without any reason. If I decide to grind and get stronger I want to be stronger and not the monsters to be my level again which makes the whole process nearly useless

Yup, mods to erase that idiotic system are the only reason i still play TES games.

Yup, mods to rease that idiotic system are the only reason i still play TES games.

Bandits in Daedric armor.. yeeeaaah suuuuuure