• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tj Laser

5 movies that everyone should see/should have seen

65 posts in this topic

In an interview with the Wachowski Bros. and Keanu Reeves, it was made quite clear that all 3 are really one movie. It's the story of Jesus of Nazareth.

In order for the Wachowski's to get the studio to agree to fund all 3 films up front before they started on Matrix 1, they had to make a smaller film first called 'Bound', which was based on The Ides of March.

Whether you like the last 2 installments or not, is not actually relevant, it really is all one movie.

now, just wondering, what is the animatrix then? im guessing its really different or really aweful cause you say "all 3 films" and i own a 4 dvd set of the matrix but only got around to the first one. 

Jurassic Park

10 Promises to my Dog

Alien

I can't think of a fourth.

And of course,

Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai.

you liked the first alien better than Aliens? huh, interesting

Who starred in that ?  :huh:

Kurosawa's star actor, Toshiro Mifune along with.. that guy from Godzilla whose name I can't remember but he is the wise old Samurai who shaves his head to save a child. Amazing movie.

you liked the first alien better than Aliens? huh, interesting

Both are amazing and I love the third movie.

The fourth is just blam.

The first one however is extremely important and many so-called Aliens fan disregard it entirely like stupid twats.

now, just wondering, what is the animatrix then? im guessing its really different or really aweful cause you say "all 3 films" and i own a 4 dvd set of the matrix but only got around to the first one. 

I have no idea. I'm aware of it but I really don't know much at all about the anime thing. It might have just been a spin-off venture they licensed out for the money and publicity, who knows.

Kurosawa's star actor, Toshiro Mifune along with.. that guy from Godzilla whose name I can't remember but he is the wise old Samurai who shaves his head to save a child. Amazing movie.

I tried Google but I still can't find a movie called 'I can't think of a fourth'.  ;)

Clue: You listed a fourth movie.

Both are amazing and I love the third movie.

The fourth is just blam.

The first one however is extremely important and many so-called Aliens fan disregard it entirely like stupid twats.

the first one is stronger, what probably makes it harder to watch. Less stuff happens and while the effects are mindblowingly good, a lot of the terror comes from what you are not able to see. I agree with you on that it is the more important movie, while I understand anyone who likes Aliens better.

Little Shop of Horrors - If you don't like Rick Moranis or musicals, you will after seeing this classic!

Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Great acting and writing. Also it has Alan Rickman, Mos Def, and Martin Freeman in it. Actually the cast is just amazing in general.

28 Days Later - This is one of the best zombie films you will ever see.

Goodfellas - It's the quintessential Mobster movie.

The Anchorman - Probably the best Will Ferrell film and one of the best comedies of the last 15 years.

never seen the first 2 on that list. 28 days later was AWESOME i thought, until they got to the military house. i thought it fell off when that happend.

not gonna lie, i hated goodfellas. it felt like it was 6 hours long and not a whole lot happened in my opinion. 

I have no idea. I'm aware of it but I really don't know much at all about the anime thing. It might have just been a spin-off venture they licensed out for the money and publicity, who knows.

I think this is the series that really explains alot and in alot of depth about the Matrix. I've not seen it myself, but i've seen it spoken about as such.

I tried Google but I still can't find a movie called 'I can't think of a fourth'.  ;)

Clue: You listed a fourth movie.

Lol :P

the first one is stronger, what probably makes it harder to watch. Less stuff happens and while the effects are mindblowingly good, a lot of the terror comes from what you are not able to see. I agree with you on that it is the more important movie, while I understand anyone who likes Aliens better.

The second is amazing but what I am talking about is that in the first one, nothing at all was established.

This creature came from an egg from a ship that was since long crashed with a creature fossilized in it's chair and it's chest torn apart.

Then when the child of Kane starts to run amok, and especially in the deleted scenes, we see that it actually biodegrades people and bodies to both use new hosts AND create new full Xenomorphs or eggs out of the dead bodies. This is used in only one other media after this, and that was the Atari Jaguar game of Aliens vs Predator. For some reason, a lot of previous mentioned Alien fans will completely dismiss this even though this brings forth almost an insane amount of terror. Because if we consider the full extent of the Xenomorph life cycle - A bioweapon that has a hierarchy, that can morph into a queen if there is a lack of one, and that can simply create new Xenos by biodegrading their hosts.

There's soo many opportunities here. That is why the first movie is also the most important one. 

aaaaahhh, its an anime. (how didnt i get that XD)   guess i wont be watching it then XD

aaaaahhh, its an anime. (how didnt i get that XD)   guess i wont be watching it then XD

naaaah... it's actually a series of short movies, some of them are animes others are just animated movies. They tell alot about the history and the background and of other people who escaped the matrix and other teams that went into the matrix to get stuff...

It's pretty artsy, but I like it.

For me, it's the following:

1. Hard Boiled (1992)

2. Akira Kurosawa's "Ran" (1985)

3. The Man From Nowhere (2010)

4. Apocalypse Now (1979 or Apocalypse Now Redux - 2001)

5. The Killer (1989)

Lol :P

The second is amazing but what I am talking about is that in the first one, nothing at all was established.

This creature came from an egg from a ship that was since long crashed with a creature fossilized in it's chair and it's chest torn apart.

Then when the child of Kane starts to run amok, and especially in the deleted scenes, we see that it actually biodegrades people and bodies to both use new hosts AND create new full Xenomorphs or eggs out of the dead bodies. This is used in only one other media after this, and that was the Atari Jaguar game of Aliens vs Predator. For some reason, a lot of previous mentioned Alien fans will completely dismiss this even though this brings forth almost an insane amount of terror. Because if we consider the full extent of the Xenomorph life cycle - A bioweapon that has a hierarchy, that can morph into a queen if there is a lack of one, and that can simply create new Xenos by biodegrading their hosts.

There's soo many opportunities here. That is why the first movie is also the most important one. 

frosted flakes, nigga damn! you sure know your aliens lore XD   gonna be honest here, i dont remember a single thing that happened in Alien, and i just saw it again this past summer. ive been trying to think of what actually did happen, but i just keep recalling stuff that happened in Aliens XD

frosted flakes, nigga damn! you sure know your aliens lore XD   gonna be honest here, i dont remember a single thing that happened in Alien, and i just saw it again this past summer. ive been trying to think of what actually did happen, but i just keep recalling stuff that happened in Aliens XD

I was horrible scarred and traumatized as a young kid playing Alien 3 on Atari / Sega Genesis.

There was a scene with accompanying sound effects that I just did not expect out of a game and it just destroyed me.

After that, I couldn't get them out of my head. Became infatuated with them you could say. If I don't dream about something odd, or sexual, I'll dream about Xenomorphs in that they'll either rip me apart, be a loyal pet, defend me, or just be around me. Hell sometimes I'm pretty sure they're symbolism in my dream for perversion as well. They've been a part of my life for so long it's frightening. Whenever I play one in a game, I will act as one. I will stalk you, I will hunt you, and I will kill you.

So yeah, don't traumatize your kids or your friends' kids!

They'll be f-ing messed up.  <_<

Tj Laser likes this

yeah this is a gaming site butt fuck it, imma do movies real quick cause i think this could be cool to see what yall say.

so yeah, last week i realized that i have never seen Jurassic Park before (yeah i know, what the fuck XD) . so i ordered it today. ive always heard about it, but never got around to it. i know how passionate people are about that and i thought about movies i would just be shocked if people said they havent seen it. so im just wondering if i missed something else along the way.

try to name like 5 movies that you think EVERYONE should have seen. try not to pick em just cause its your favorite, im thinking classics or just amazing films that need to be watched by everyone. new, old, dun matter. id have to say: 

(in no particular order)

1. Aliens

2. American Gangster

3. Jurassic Park

4. Die Hard

5. The Hangover

feel free to overlap movies,  that would just show how important they are

For me:

1. Never seen it

2. Never seen it

3. Never seen it

4. Never seen it

5. Never seen it

I'm still an American.

For me:

1. Never seen it

2. Never seen it

3. Never seen it

4. Never seen it

5. Never seen it

I'm still an American.

so what would your top 5 be?  sounds like you dont watch a lot of movies if you havent seen any of those XD

If I don't dream about something sexual. Hell sometimes I'm pretty sure they're symbolism in my dream for perversion as well.

I don't know whether to be worried or strangely aroused. 

Tj Laser likes this

I don't know whether to be worried or strangely aroused. 

The immediate answer is: Whatever feels best!

The more involved answer is: Xenomorphs ever since their first representation in one of HR Giger's have always been a representation of human perversion I'd say. Always been depicted in sexual ways. They had to redo the latex eggs that would carry the face huggers because it looked too much like a specific genitalia. The face huggers themselves underneth also looks similiar to that. The chestburster itself is phalic shaped and is born by forcing itself out from the hosts chest, very much akin to, in a sense of 'doing it rough'. The Aliens all have very phalic shaped heads and their tails are used to penetrate their victims with. Their inner mouth, again, resembles that as it'll tear into your body.

Aliens, is one big perversion of human sexuality.

I'd say worried is probably good.

Also this was the scene that traumatized me as a kid. Doesn't seem much now but I was and am easily.. 

Little Shop of Horrors - If you don't like Rick Moranis or musicals, you will after seeing this classic!

Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Great acting and writing. Also it has Alan Rickman, Mos Def, and Martin Freeman in it. Actually the cast is just amazing in general.

28 Days Later - This is one of the best zombie films you will ever see.

Goodfellas - It's the quintessential Mobster movie.

The Anchorman - Probably the best Will Ferrell film and one of the best comedies of the last 15 years.

did you know that goodfellas is based on the book wiseguys, which is like a biography of sorts of a mobster? that's why that movie is so freakin awesome, it's true.

1. Friday - Hilarious
  2. Dogma - thought provoking and funny
  3. The usual suspects - M.Night who???
  4. Bill and Teds Bogus Journey - Great fun and makes you feel good
  5. Reservoir Dogs - Tarantino at his absolute best

Honorable mentions: Once were warriors - Its an early 90's local NZ film that deals with domestic violence.

Lord of the Rings trilogy extended cuts - All the special features are informative and great.

1. The Matrix

Star Wars: A New Hope

1980's Flash Gordon (so corny and awesome)

The Thing

I don't know, Kelly's Heros? yea let's go with that

Lhotse5 likes this

Recent movies.

1. The hobbit

2. After earth

3. Oblivion

4. Pacific rim

5. Enders game

6. Cloud atlas( has too add this, amazing movie)

All time.

1. Lotr trilogy

2. Apocalypse now

3. The dark knight

4. Least one Pixar movie, finding nemo is best one.

5. Matrix trilogy.

1. Ip Man

2. Dredd

3. Black Dynamite

4. Space Balls

5. Twilight

Joking

5. The Raid: Redemption

Ip man! Netflix! I like ip man two more though.

Ip man! Netflix! I like ip man two more though.

I had to buy them both, so awesome. I saw part 2 in theaters, they had a special screening at 1 theater in a 40 mile radius. Love both of them. Oh and Pacific Rim definitely belongs on my list.