• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

PEI Fireman

Good Free 2 Play Games

33 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a few good Free 2 Play games. Not Play 2 Win, with an option for Free 2 Play, I've been fooled once too many. I've played SWTOR, LOTRO, Wizardry Online and games like that. Any suggestions?  

Yo Canadian brother I am Canadian too, and for F2P are PlanetSide 2 and Warfame

PEI Fireman likes this

Theres Dragon Nest that is a good game to me. You can have mods that change the look and sound of things. Like having Velskud's sword or having DmC music play as the bgm while ur kicking some ass in pvp or in a dungeon.

If u haven't tried it yet go and try it to see if u like it. I sure as hell would love to play it again but my PC sucks ass

Tera is free to play these days. Its pretty good. Has very intresting melee classes but is a bit heavy with graphics.

AJSAZURG likes this

It seems noone mentioned Neverwinter, It's similar to tera. Or you could try Rift, that looks more like WOW.

DC Universe and RaiderZ are a few more to add to the list.. Also Champions Online, but a few classes are locked unless you buy them.

Path of Exile is also a good game if you like Diablo-esque games.

America's Army Proving Grounds is a great shooter that has no pay to win advantage. If you want to try a browser based strategy game, ogame is good although there is a bit of a pay to win there. There's always league of legends and DOTA 2 also.

a very underrated (yet somehow still very much alive) low spec game called Mabinogi. It has good story, variety use for game play, and its not pay to win! also i would suggest other games buuuuuut everyone else beat me to it (except for vindictus... i would give it a try)

Does anyone know any F2P Starcraft type games?

The only RTS that is free to play right now is Battleforge.

Path of exile as the fairest f2p models ever. Diablo-like if you like that kind of game.

My favourite F2P games are:

1: Planetside 2

2: Tera Rising

3: World of tanks

Try POE. There is not a single P2W item there. The cash shop contains only cosmetic items. The only thing other than cosmetic items are extra character slots (which you start off with around 15), extra stash tabs (You start with 4 and each one is pretty darn big), a guild stash (Not really that useful) and more gulid member slots). Other than that everything is cosmetic and the game is what Diablo 3 should have been. Level cap is 100 and there is a lot more content. Every class can be good with every weapon. It's more complex than Diablo 3 and there is more enjoyment out of Path of Exile. Did I mention it's free and on steam and indie.

1 path of exile if your a fan of diablo path of exile is a must have its awesome

2 TF2 yeah i know lots of people say thats paid to win but i love it

3 warframe

Tera: Rising is my 1st MMO so I've no experience with this genre of gaming. But been playing for 2 months now and I like it. Combat feels fluid like a 3rd person combat game (god of war, Zelda etc). Looking forward to EverQuest Next it'll be f2p as well.

Based on what you've played you could give TERA a try. The game itself is good, but the company behind it is also pretty darn good, especially by F2P company standards.

The thing you want to really avoid is companies that host too many games, with them they tend to not really give a damn about their customers, or the games they host. For the best example of that sort of thing, look at Aeria Games, stay away from them, really, just never touch anything hosted by Aeria Games, they're full of pay to win, love random boxes, GROSSLY over price things, and will drop or sell off games at the drop of a hat.

Path of Exile or Cardhunter

I enjoyed Cardhunter so much i actually bought something off them just to give the dev's some money. and i wouold never buy anything in a F2P game normally. Though if Path of Exile continues to impress me i might buy an effect or something for the same reason just to give the devs some money for a job welll done. and because they haven't tried to nickel and dime me (think thats the saying Americans like to use :D)

Grepolis - it is a browser based strategy game. There are many settings...such as World Speeds1 - 3, Unit Speeds 1 - 4, and Conquest or Revolt in the way of taking other cities.

It has no real pay to win advantage, although there is premium services, they only really increase resource production by 30% or let you que more buildings to build yet, with constant babysitting (which is a part of the game anyhow) that benefit is negated, and the commander just makes your units fight better in defense & offense. Same with the naval officer it has the same effect for your navy, and the High Priestess, so it affects your Mythical Units, and your Favor income for all gods by 50%.

It really isn't a pay-to-win game. That would actually be silly to say there is a pay to win advantage. If you know how to play...you are good to destroy.

RuneScape3. They improved the game since 2005, trust me.