• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Pantera31619

Upcoming youtube change may effect how Joe does his reviews.

56 posts in this topic

Joe has sent out a few tweets concerning a change that youtube will be making very soon. He has said that this change will effect how he does his reviews/videos. Here are some tweets Joe has sent out concerning this issue.

"Welp I knew this day would come eventually. Youtube is making major changes come January that may effect how I do my AngryJoeShow Reviews."

"It's been harder to put up my type of reviews without getting random content matched & this new system will likely change my show completely"

"I'll be working closely w/ @makerstudios & @youtube to make my case on fair use law in my Reviews, hopefully all goes well in the new system"

"I'm told that all content will need to be 100% filmed/produced by my hands. No references/clips to movies, trailers, tv shows, music, etc"

"I'm going to be arguing Fair Use of any of the content I Review. Editorial Content/Review content should be protected. My Content"

Anyone else really worried about this change?

thegame0dude and 2ofSpades like this

Looks like it, but I know Joe can make his voice heard. Besides he isn't the only one it would affect, if they try too much it will likely go badly.

Are they... is this... what the...

Is this some elaborate corporate suicide attempt by Google? Are they trying to get every one of their supports to jump ship on them?

Google, bro, get help! Call somebody, get professional help. We know you've got the money for it...

WHAT?!?! The AJSA must unite to fight this! I am against this!

That is such bullshit that it hurts to look at. What in the flying fuck are they thinking?

Won't that affect Let's Plays? Media sharing content? People like the Yogscast, Totalbiscuit and Angry Joe won't be able to upload game footage anymore because it has media content in it? What!?

No. No, that won't fly. It can't fly. It SHOULDN'T fly. Rip its deformed wings off and shove them up its own ass before it tries to fly and crashes over everything that is supported through legal content creators. This is BS, and we should not stand for this!

Fuck, Youtube's most popular channel is a gaming channel! Do they want to cripple themselves this badly? Are they fucking insane?!

SpaceBrain and DestinyDecade like this

Google does know that they people they are trying to push off Youtube are also the top subscribed users? We only go on youtube to watch people like Seananners and crew, PewDiePie, Lord General Joe, Total Biscuit and .etc. If they get pushed off Youtube then we pretty much stop using Youtube...

Why those damn hipsters! They fuck things up yet again??? Is it not enough that the youtube comment layout is changed for the worse??

Crap, looks like this video's prediction is right after all.

For those that don't know, the music industry is behind this because they are losing money from not adapting their business models, so they are enforcing new rules to youtube that makes things more difficult. I can't explain well but the guy in the video does. Watch that, its very important.

We need to keep awareness of this up. Not just through AJSA but through Twitter, facebook, reddit, whatever else there is out there

The way Youtube is being run is an abomination and is making things ever so harder to do. 

I know that TotalBisquit will be 100% against this and even decided to take off the comments section completely from his videos in a strike against Youtube. 

This should be our first fight as a community against Youtube to show them how awful the changes they have been making are...

thegame0dude and The Arbalest like this

Well, fellas. This is how YouTube dies.

Fluffboll likes this

We need to keep awareness of this up. Not just through AJSA but through Twitter, facebook, reddit, whatever else there is out there

The way Youtube is being run is an abomination and is making things ever so harder to do. 

I know that TotalBisquit will be 100% against this and even decided to take off the comments section completely from his videos in a strike against Youtube. 

This should be our first fight as a community against Youtube to show them how awful the changes they have been making are...

Count me in if that's the case. We need to fight for our consumer rights against this retarded bullshit YT is pulling. I don't care who is enforcing the rules, I don't care who started it or what the fuck idiotic phrasing one might use to justify this act. This is an attack against all content creators on Youtube and by proxy, their consumers. I refuse to accept this shit they are doing, and if we need to gather the AJSA to fight for what's right, then you can count The Arbalest in!

Maybe Google is being pressured by the evil over lord government.

I mean, we all remember SOPA... right?

> evil over lord government.

More like the Big Media Corporations.

Sigma081 likes this

My channel isn't infringing any stupid music company that I know of, I know better than to use background music that may trigger ContentID. OP, do you have a link as a source that tells us more about this?

If Youtube wants to fuck itself over, I'd say let them cripple their income.

I think it's time for Google to have an intervention. Power is a mighty drug and Google needs to get sober. 

okay im usually i cool-headed guy but this is just... WHAT THE FUCK! google do you want us to come rampaging through your building and burn it to the ground!

We must RISE UP AGAINT THIS, AND MAKE THEN SUFFER WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO!

Google buying youtube was one of the worst things to happen to the internet.  In the wise words of our great Lord General, THEY KEEP FUCKIN IT UP.

For those that don't know, the music industry is behind this because they are losing money from not adapting their business models, so they are enforcing new rules to youtube that makes things more difficult. I can't explain well but the guy in the video does. Watch that, its very important.

Music industry? What do thes have to do with games or movies?

Nah...the whole "you musn't use any part of my media" schtick is retarded. These people basicly get FREE ADVERTISMENT and they complain tehy are loosing money?

How many of us found out about a game becasue it was part of some You Tube clip? How many got into anime of a specific band/singer because of a good AMV? How many of us would have never bought product X, would never have known or cared wihout seeing a clip of it in some vid?

This is beyond retarded. There are no words strong enough to express this insanity.

Suicidal/Super Uber Retards ...SUBERTARDS.

> evil over lord government.

More like the Big Media Corporations.

Is there a difference in todays world?

If this is the case, then Joe should do it like Nostalgia critic and Switch to Vimeo or Blip.TV. By doing this, Fans will follow. Take off youtube's/Google's most important ressource: User's. That's the only language they understand.

2ofSpades and Sigma081 like this

Sigh.... more youtube BS to deal with. I'm with you guys on this one. I will do what is needed to send them a message. If my subs switch I and switching with them. I miss the old Youtube.

If this is the case, then Joe should do it like Nostalgia critic and Switch to Vimeo or Blip.TV. By doing this, Fans will follow. Take off youtube's/Google's most important ressource: User's. That's the only language they understand.

My computer won't play Blip.TV or Vimeo. I hear certain people have problems with Blip as well.

"I'm told that all content will need to be 100% filmed/produced by my hands. No references/clips to movies, trailers, tv shows, music, etc"

That right there is utter shit. How is blocking a large chunk of the Youtube community a good idea? That's not just Joe either.