• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Pokey

Such Satisfaction

12 posts in this topic

I just wanted to share my celebratory feelings right now. There's no greater satisfaction than dealing with a PC for nearly a year being barely functional, then saving up the appropriate dosh after carefully choosing your replacement components, receiving them, installing them, and then having to do a fresh Windows install (which, funnily enough, the hardest part is Windows thanks to how draconian it is) and then after all is said and done... everything runs as smoothly as an ice cube down Preston Lacey's tummy. It feels so invigorating to finally adequately game on my PC once more. Although, for some reason, Chivalry is still giving me shit, but I will have to figure that out on my own.

I had to juggle wether to post this here or in the general discussion section, but I'm more interested in knowing what other PC players felt was intensely gratifying. I have to admit I'm partially new to PC gaming. I had played plenty of games on PC as I grew up but never truly joined the master race until September of 2012. So I'm curious, does anyone have any cozy warm nostalgic (or more recent) moments of victory?

ImperialPenguin likes this

I feel you man. A little more than a week ago, I switched from a laptop (university/travel made desktop PC unpractical) to a custom built desktop PC made from pretty high end parts. Spent a day building, installing windows 7 and then getting all other software/updates/drivers I need, and after it was finished I basked in the glory of my creation :D .

Now I don't have to worry about system requirements of any game for 2 years. I get amazing feelings when I set everything to high/ultra in a game's settings menu  :wub: .

Pokey likes this

Well, my gaming PC has broken but when I first put the parts in, booted it up and that sound.. all of those fans, all booting up. That was amazing.

Pokey likes this

I feel you man. A little more than a week ago, I switched from a laptop (university/travel made desktop PC unpractical) to a custom built desktop PC made from pretty high end parts. Spent a day building, installing windows 7 and then getting all other software/updates/drivers I need, and after it was finished I basked in the glory of my creation :D .

Now I don't have to worry about system requirements of any game for 2 years. I get amazing feelings when I set everything to high/ultra in a game's settings menu  :wub: .

That's worthy of a toast. I need to upgrade my GPU by the end of next year. Right now I am using a GTX 660 (non TI, but it is overclocked) but I want to be prepared for Witcher 3 and Watch Dogs when the time comes. Oh, and Cyberpunk.

Well, my gaming PC has broken but when I first put the parts in, booted it up and that sound.. all of those fans, all booting up. That was amazing.

That glorious first time boot. After a day of meticulous finagling with all of those parts and then to hear the funs do their job, and if you have unnecessary LED's, it's helps amplify that christening boot up. That's a shame it's broken, do you have any plans to restore it or build anew after you put aside the funds for it? Or will you move on without it?

It quasi-related news to my original post: I got Chivalry working just fine now. Not sure what made it run so horribly earlier, but apparently magic happened and now it functions. Windows... you fickle, bloated, aging mistress. 

I've gone from a single core, dual core, quad then my most recent, a 3770K, I still get those feels no matter how big or small the upgrade has been, I only added in an SSD last month and the PC felt new.

Not because of the speed, which honestly hasn't been amazing to the point where I would be on the hype train for an SSD, but because it was just something new to put in my PC :P

Glad you're having good experiences for the most part, welcome to the PC family! :)

Absolutely does rock when you finally get to crank up those settings.

I've gone from a single core, dual core, quad then my most recent, a 3770K, I still get those feels no matter how big or small the upgrade has been, I only added in an SSD last month and the PC felt new.

Not because of the speed, which honestly hasn't been amazing to the point where I would be on the hype train for an SSD, but because it was just something new to put in my PC :P

Glad you're having good experiences for the most part, welcome to the PC family! :)

That settles it. My next upgrades by the summer shall be a 3 TB HDD for video storage and an 250GB SSD as my main boot up disc. Also, thanks!

Absolutely does rock when you finally get to crank up those settings.

Just did this with The Witcher 2 and GW2. Mmph. The prettiness. I may need to be hospitalized.

I hope to know that feeling soon when I get my PC working right.

I hope to know that feeling soon when I get my PC working right.

Key word: Soon. I deduce that you're going to be putting some elbow grease into your PC very shortly. I hope get to, and I hope it turns out maximum amazing.

For some reason, my pc is a part of me. When it doesn't work right, I don't feel that well. When I fix it, I feel great. Glad to hear your upgrade went well.

I'm mostly using my laptop right now, (it's got decent specs ATM, play's BF4 on medium with about 70 fps)... but I know in about a year or less it will be completely outdated. Specifically when Star citizen comes out, I'll HAVE to make a pc again. (It's been 3 years since I last had a desktop pc).

Slowly saving up so about mid year I can have a great computer..(Want to wait till things upgrade so at least I'll have a mid-upper range specs when the new wave of games comes out).

I can't wait to have that nerdgasm when I boot it up. :)

For some reason, my pc is a part of me. When it doesn't work right, I don't feel that well. When I fix it, I feel great. Glad to hear your upgrade went well.

If you told me this two years ago, I wouldn't have known what you meant, but now I do. It's like a symbiotic station. 

I'm mostly using my laptop right now, (it's got decent specs ATM, play's BF4 on medium with about 70 fps)... but I know in about a year or less it will be completely outdated. Specifically when Star citizen comes out, I'll HAVE to make a pc again. (It's been 3 years since I last had a desktop pc).

Slowly saving up so about mid year I can have a great computer..(Want to wait till things upgrade so at least I'll have a mid-upper range specs when the new wave of games comes out).

I can't wait to have that nerdgasm when I boot it up. :)

Oh shit, i forgot about Star Citizen. Ugh, my pumped meter is off the charts. I need to keep it check but I just can't! I hope the mid-year comes soon enough for you, I know waiting was killing me all this time.