News & Updates
Sea of Thieves Launch Week Activities
Ahoy Matey! We're calling all the 'swashbucklers' of the AJSA to come set sail with us on the high seas this week in observance of the Sea of Thieves launch on Xbox. We have a ton of Sea of Thieves activities planned for members to take part in this week, including a special midnight launch party on Tuesday and an inaugural event on Friday. We'll have several staff members on deck to set up Club parties and groups on Wednesday and Thursday nights as well. We hope you can join us! Here is a small preview of what is to come:
- Midnight Launch Party - Staying up until Midnight to play the game at launch? Hang out with your friends in the AJSA! We're going to have a Club party up for all us night owls to play the game right when it launches. Come by, hang out, and play!
- Sea of Thieves Pirate Meet Up - Then for all our normal sleeping members, we're going to have a meet up at 7:30pm EST the same night. Don't play by yourself, play with your pirate friends! Learn the game, have fun, and earn some good loot.
- Sea of Thieves Inaugural Event - On March 23rd the AJSA will set sail in full force for our inaugural event on Friday night at 7:30pm EST. We expect a high turn out, so multiple parties and groups will be up simultaneously to accomodate everyone. We will do our best to try and get everyone in the same server, so we can all play together!
We have an honor code among thieves in this 'Angry' pirate crew.....any scurvey dogs griefing other member's ships will result in you walking the plank! Non-pirate talk...you'll be removed from our group activities/event. Cya on the high seas!
Minecraft Night [Mar. 15th] Recap
On March 15th we had a special event for the new version of Minecraft on Xbox One. We had a solid group of around 12 members come in to play in the new version and test out all the features of the game. We also had a nice group discussion about where to take our Minecraft Nights, specifically on if we should move over from the old/regular 'Minecraft: Xbox One Edition' to this updated version of 'Minecraft'.
Based on the input from the members who attended the event, it was a unanimous vote to move our world to the updated Minecraft. Opinions were split on if we should stick with the community world or make a new one, with most favoring staying with the current world. Here were some of our findings/thoughts:
- We were able to successfully upload our community world from the 'Minecraft: Xbox One Edition' to this new version of Minecraft, so we still have all our buildings/items etc right where we left them.
In the conversion, our world was transformed into an 'Infinite World', meaning we no longer have any boundaries anymore. Before once we reached the end of our world, we hit a blank wall and a body of water. Now new lands and biomes have spawned. We have nicknamed these areas the 'Outer Rim'.
- This means we can now expand to entirely new lands, without having to make a new world.
- If we were to make a new world, we could start completely fresh.
- No item caps. Near unlimited use of item frames, paintings, armor stands etc
- Increased player count. For the first time ever, we were able to have more than 8 people playing at the same time in single world on Minecraft (the XBO Edition has an 8 player limit). It was awesome!
- We did encounter some lag, though we believe it was because of the amount of people we had flying around various different parts 'Outer Rims' and the game was trying to render in everything at the same time.
We will do our best to reach out to any member of our Minecraft crew who couldn't make it to this event and get your feedback! Thank you all for a productive night on Minecraft.
AJSA Gaming Youtube
Xbox One Events (XB1): Overwatch | March 17th, 2018 - A new video is live on the AJSA Gaming Youtube channel! We are featuring our St. Patrick's Day themed Overwatch event we had this past Saturday night. Thank you and enjoy!
Thank you to Sinafru and WookieJedi for providing footage! Also a big thank you to WookieJedi for organizing this themed event. It was great fun!
AJSA Xbox One Weekly Event Schedule [March 23rd to March 24th]
How Can I Join An Xbox One Event? - For new members/first time event participants, I highly encourage you to add all the hosts as your friend on Xbox Live (Gamertags are listed for every host below). You can also join the AJSA Xbox Club and add hosts/members there. All event and game night parties are launched from the Club. Additionally, please review our Code of Conduct.
Communication during events are done primarily in the Xbox Live Party system. In case of emergency, we will use the AJSA Discord Channel. We accept and make adjustments for people who are shy in large groups and/or for people who have no mics.
If by chance you do not have the host as a friend, please message the host for an invite to the game/party during the event and then exchange friend requests upon entry to the party. Most, if not all, event parties will be visible to all Xbox Club members. Look under "Looking for Group" at the start/during an event to view the event party and join up.
If you would like to give advance notice to the host that you would like to play, you are free to do so. Otherwise keep note of the event start times and join the host's Xbox Live party to begin. If you have any questions, please contact me directly at "RuneX" on the forums or on Xbox Live. To learn more about the AJSA Xbox One Division, check out our Community Information thread.
Sea of Thieves - Xbox One Event - Fri. Mar. 23rd, 2018 @7:30pm EST (12:30am GMT)
The AJSA is sailing on the high seas this Friday night for our inaugural Sea of Thieves event on Xbox One! Discover your inner 'Angry' pirate, plot with your crew, and set course for hidden riches in this treacherous new world. As this game is cross-play enabled, PC and Xbox players can play with each other! Any PC members interested in playing? Please message me your Gamertag in advance or message me during the event for an invite!
Currently pirate crew sizes are limited to four players, so we will have multiple groups and parties up simultaneously during the event. We will do our best to all get in the same server, establish a fleet, and conquer the high seas together!
The main point of contact for the event will be Rune [Gamertag: AScapeRunePlaya], so if you join late and need a crew to play with, please contact him and he'll get you connected with an AJSA party with an open spot.
Interested in learning more about Sea of Thieves? Will it be your first time playing? Check out this guide.
Cya on the waters this Friday night!
Time: March 23rd, 2018 @7:30pm EST (12:30am GMT)
Hosts: The Xbox Staff
Overwatch - Xbox One Event - Sat. Mar. 24th, 2018 @7:00pm EST (12:00am GMT)
Welcome to the last regular Overwatch event before the Special Operation on March 31st! We have concluded our 'St. Patrick's Day' celebrations. Thank you all for a great time! Team up with us during our Overwatch event this Saturday night on March 24th, 2018 at 7:00pm EST.
The host will set up a custom game lobby to start up the event to get everyone warmed up. Afterwards the host will determine to split up the group to play regular, online multiplayer. If you have suggestions on modes/themes for custom games, please message WookieJedi on Xbox Live.
For additional information on Xbox One Overwatch events, click the link below:
Time: March 24th, 2018 @7:00pm EST (12:00am GMT)
Host: AJSAWookieJedi [Gamertag: AJSAWookieJedi]
Connect With the AJSA Xbox One Community
Xbox Section of the Forums
Join the AJSA Club on Xbox One
Xbox One Gamertag List
Xbox Community Information
More AJSA Community Content
AJSA Stream Team
AJSA Gaming Youtube
AJSA Community Content Area
Edited by RuneX