As some people already speculated, the selected game for the first month from the EF is Star Wars: Battlefront 2. Aside from the very reasonable price tag, we feel that this game should be good to break the ice. Especially with the upcoming Star Wars: Battlefront 3, it should present an interesting opportunity to reflect on the development of that game by playing its predecessor.
The secret code-phrase mentioned in the EF reveal article is (as many people guessed correctly): The Force is strong with this one.
The first ten to guess this correctly will be contacted over the coming days, to inquire about their Steam details and to provide them with a steam-gift-version of Star Wars: Battlefront 2.
What is Battlefront 2?
Star Wars: Battlefront II is a third and first-person shooter and is probably one of, if not the best star wars game ever made and one of the best shooters of 2005. Space fights, lot of maps, four different teams with a lot of variety, heroes, a chaotic and addictive multiplayer, plus a short but amazing campaign, Battlefront 2 still has a lot of content (not including tons of mods) when compared to some of the games of today.
Due to the amount of stuff that we could do with Battlefront 2 (and the fact that we’re all Star Wars and Battlefront fans), all of us in the EC thought that this game would be a perfect launching pad for the EF.
Joining servers in this game is slightly more complex than usual, but still quite easy. With GameSpy being down, you will have to join servers through the free software GameRanger. You can download GameRanger at this website http://www.gameranger.com/ & create a account to gain access to SW:BF2 Multiplayer.
It is very straight forward to set up a SW:BF2 Event with friends & community friends please also use this link for info on setting up games
Those of you who are interested in taking up a leadership position for the first game of the Expeditionary Force should fill out this Google Form. It will enable us to easier shortlist all applicants.
Before applying, please make sure to familiarise yourself with our rules and guidelines on temporary Sergeants:
- Duration of temporary Sergeant Positions
- A temporary Sergeant position is given only for the duration of one game, after which it will be revoked again
- Temporary Sergeants can apply for a new temporary Sergeant position for the next game
- Temporary Sergeants are automatically demoted to the rank of Veteran after their time is over, unless they held a higher rank prior to their appointment
- There is a limited number of positions available for each game
- Exact numbers will be determined on a case-by-case scenario
[*]Should support for this game remain after the EF moves on to the next game, then it will receive Unofficial game status under Commander Seph and the temporary Sergeants will form the basis of the future staff
[*]Temporary Sergeant Selection Criteria
- Applicants are required to be at least 16 years of age
- Applicants for a temporary Sergeant positions need to be able to successfully and clearly convey orders
- Temporary Sergeants are required to have a higher attendance record than normal players
- Preferably be online 3-4 days a week (sessions of at least 2 hours) and/or attend ¾ of events
- Be in good standing with the AJSA and the EF in particular
- We prioritize players we deem most appropriate to help run the game
- For temporary Sergeant positions the applicants rank may be taken into account ((From highest to lowest priority) Officers - Sergeants - Veterans - Members - Recruits)
- The Conclave reserves itself the right to blacklist any members from a temporary Sergeant position who are in bad standing with the AJSA and the EF in particular
- Should a member be blacklisted whilst he/she holds a temporary Sergeant position, then he/she will be immediately dismissed
- Members may be blacklisted for the following:
- Has been banned from the AJSA forum
- Disobeying orders
- Slandering of another staff member or player
- Consistent bad attendance without proper notice of leave
- Discriminating/ harassing people
- Blacklisted players have the opportunity to redeem themselves
- The majority of the Conclave needs to vote in favour of giving the blacklisted player another chance
- Regardless of Conclave attendance ⅗ of the Conclave members have to vote in favour
[*]These redeemed staff members will remain under close observation until serving without any greater incident in two games
We encourage commitment and attendance within the EF, thus we offer attendance pips for those players who register themselves as dedicated players (You can still attend all events without making this commitment). As such dedicated players promise to attend at least 50% of the events, for which they will receive said attendance pip at the end of the month.
To apply, please respond to this article with your forum name and your usual teamspeak name.The vacant position may be made available for applications again, depending on the composition of the remaining staff and staff/player ratio
Previous gameplay and leadership experience in the chosen game is highly desired
Priority might also be given to those the Conclave witnessed in the past lead successfully
Concessions to those expectations can be made for individual months (like December)
A microphone of a decent quality is a must
The applicant needs to be fluent in English