Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!
Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!
The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!
The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!
The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!
The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!
The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.
The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!
The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!
The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.
Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team
Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!
The AJSA Community YouTube Channel
Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!
Ohkami13 liked a post in a topic by Kizra in Kyrios or Lucius - for and against arguments
Have you ever gone to an amusement park? You see this awesome roller coaster, so you hurry to be the first one there, but once you reach it you see this MASSIVE queue. You really want to try the roller coaster so you resign to standing in line for hours.
When you do finally get onto it you'll have to face ups and downs and resist the urge to vomit.
That’s pretty much ArcheAge in its first week after launch ^^
The massive queues, incredible lag, maintenances, queues, gold spammers, restrictions and of course more queues made the game difficult to play.
Thankfully things have calmed down now and queues have lessened, sadly the land availability has lessened too.
The biggest problem we faced however was the fact that not all AJSA members who wanted to play ArcheAge were able to make characters on the main server in time. Once the server restrictions were in place (making it impossible to create characters) they were forced to move to another server.
That is why the guild was split and why the issue of ''which server should be our main?'' has come up.
So which server should we pick?
Here are some arguments for and against both servers:
The server which was chosen as our main before the game even launched and the server the first guildies were able to level their characters on.
The great thing about this server is that we have had much more time on it.
We managed to get land and built not 1, not 2, but 5 boats! Not bad Angry Army!
Also several have already managed to hit 50 and really get into the game.
The server itself however is very highly populated; this will not only reflect in queue times but also while playing the game itself. Lag being the least of our problems.
As much as we'd like to say that the AJSA is the top guild on the server, it sadly isn't so. With time that may change, but the biggest concern at this moment is that other very big guilds have already gotten more land than we have.
Once Auroria comes out it will be a huge dash for the land, but even if we do manage to get some more land we will probably get run over by a guild with several hundred members, leaving us pretty much helpless.
Either we get really lucky or we turn pirate.
We got this heads up from an AJSA member on the EU version of ArcheAge. Even though he is part of a very competitive guild they are still being threatened to be left behind competing against huge guilds.
That brings us to our second server:
The server which was used mainly for the guild members that could no longer make a character on Kyrios. Since the server was pretty new not many people were on it, which made a huge difference with queue times, making it ideal for the free to play members who had to (understandably) spend more time in queue than the patrons.
Some of the officers switched from Kyrios to Lucius so that not only a guild could be created but also so that newer members would not feel like they were dumped on a second server. Unfortunately that made the guild split definite. Having half the guild on one server and the other half on the other sucked for everyone.
However, this did force us to explore the new server a bit.
It has a lot of land.
And who doesn’t like land? The guild already managed to get a few spots and much is still unclaimed. With every day that passes more people manage to get a spot though, leaving less for us.
There are also no huge guilds on the server (yet), which gives us time to build up and buck up.
Of course a big problem with this server is that many will not be willing to make the switch, especially since Trion has not introduced a character transfers yet. This would force many to leave all their items behind and start all over with levelling.
However it is certain that Trion will introduce the character transfer, making it possible to get your items from one server to another.
And the levelling part? It certainly sucks that you have to start all over again, but at least you don’t have to reread all the quests. (you WERE reading them right…?) And you could level up together with other guildies.
Of course if you were not able to get some land on Kyrios, then now is definitely your chance.
Both servers have their pros and cons and it definitely is important to know and understand them before making a final decision.
Beef will make sure every ones opinion is heard.
The option to vote on the server will be from Friday till Monday, make sure you vote on the poll that beef will put up and not somewhere random where no one will find it.
Also if you would like more info you can join the guild meeting on Saturday 27/09 at 1pm PST.
Thank you to Weynard, fuzzypanda and Craig910
dgwoods liked a post in a topic by Ohkami13 in I really did not expect this to happen (console version delayed)
I've never understood the whole wait until it goes FTP. Either you want to play the game or you don't. If you don't like the game then I'm not sure how it being free will change that. o.O
In regards to the opening post...I guess it's better it's delayed then released broken. Don't want consoles stealing that from us. XD
Ohkami13 liked a post in a topic by ManOfSteel in Post your name and class, yay!
Looks like my post was deleted which is unfortunate so I'll remake this for those who want to play with one another tomorrow write down your account name so we can all add each other and continue what we started in the beta new accounts are welcome of course the more the merrier!
My name is @TheManOfSteel
Ohkami13 liked a post in a topic by SgtRoss in OFFICIAL: Preliminary Organization
1) ESO Rank Structure – Ranks will continue to follow a similar format as AJSA community. It works and will make the transition smooth and understandable.
(1) Overseers (Council-like structure) – Top leaders of the guilds
(2) Game Officer – Will be promoted from within and will be responsible for day to day operations and helping guild members. Also, they will be involved in recruiting and will be given a special award to designate this.
(3) Veterans (Members already this rank on the forums will automatically be this rank in the guild) – Achieved after being in AJSA for 90 days. A higher position over Sgt.
i) Pool of potential officer candidates.
1) Shadowless Khan
(1) Sergeants – Will be promoted from within, involved in recruiting and will be given a special award to designate this.
(5) Members (Members already this rank on the forums will automatically be this rank in the guild) – Achieved after being in AJSA for 30 days.
(6) Recruits (Members already this rank on the forums will automatically be this rank in the guild) – Achieved after validation on the forums and TS linked.
*There will be flexibility upon initial release due to rapid deployment of the guild*
2) Guild invitation system – A stickied/pinned thread will be created in the ESO General forum where applicants will be required to post their account name, this will ensure fast response and entry into the guild. (Ex. @JohnDoe123)
(1) Membership into the guild will require that applicants are registered on the forums and linked through Teamspeak. This allows Founders and Officers to verify legitimacy of said applicant.
(2) Applicants may contact Founders and Officers directly through Teamspeak.
3) Guild creation and naming convention
(1) Due to unknown variables, several guilds will be created and maintained by the Founders and Officers. The names were selected to maintain neutrality and equality of importance. The guilds will be filled in as needed, there will be no separation by focus. Players are more than welcome to create small, internal groups to focus on crafting, PvP, PvE, etc. The forums and Teamspeak channels will reflect this. We are one big family and everyone is valued and equally important regardless of their focus.
ii) AJSA Silver
iii) AJSA Red
iv) AJSA Black
4) Other factions – Guild is connected based on account, not character.
(1) They will not be officially supported.
(2) Players are allowed to create characters on other factions and will still maintain guild membership in-game based on built in ESO mechanics.
(3) “Cross-faction guilds are planned to be implemented, however, players will not receive the PVP bonuses for any keeps held if they are from a different faction than the guild's starting faction.” (source) http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Guilds_(Online)
(4) Actions of members in other factions will not reflect on the officially supported faction of the Dominion.
(1) ESO channel will be moved into its own section where the other officially supported games are.
(2) Separate sub-channels will be created to reflect player focus.
How To video at the bottom of the article: http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/_/articles/spotlight-on-the-ajsa-24mar2014-r47
(1) Sub-forums will be created to reflect player focus and gameplay.
i) Ex. PvE, PvP, Crafting, General
(2) Sub-forum of note: Database/Knowledge base
i) This database will be controlled by Founders
(1) Members will have the ability to reply to ensure continuous feedback flow.
(2) Members will NOT be able to start new threads.
(3) Members can make individual submissions to Founders or Officers for approval to be added to the database.
7) EU Guild – Clone of NA Guild
(1) Officially supported (As per AngryJoes approval)
(2) There is currently no leader at this time.
(3) NA server leadership will create and help maintain by proxy until leadership is found.
Gilt liked a post in a topic by Ohkami13 in My first MMO
I think the most important thing to remember is that we were all noobs in the beginning and so don't allow trolls to discourage you.
On the plus side...you'll be part of a large community and so if someone on the opposite side trolls you we will beat them up for you. XD
Jackschmit liked a post in a topic by Ohkami13 in Zenimax responds to concerns regarding Addons / API
I agree. If I have to pay to play the game then they should work for my money. =P
Eleglas liked a post in a topic by Ohkami13 in Zenimax responds to concerns regarding Addons / API
We shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender. XD
Apex Spartan liked a post in a topic by Ohkami13 in Fresh Meat and ready to die for your cause.
G'day one and all. I'm Ohkami and I have an anger management problem.
Seriously though...I was looking at some ESO youtube videos and came across The Angry Joe Show and learned of the Angry Army and thought it might be a good group to join when ESO is released.
I'm a 34 year old male from the good old United Kingdom and I've been playing games pretty much my entire life (I still suck though) I mostly play RPGS and Have played more than a few MMOs. I may not be the most skilled player out there, but I am quite fun to play with...I think.
I'm really looking forward to hopefully playing with you when ESO is released.
For no apparent reason...