Photo

NGGD (New Gaming Gear Day) *Gunnar contest winner* [56k don't even dream of trying

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 johnythehero

johnythehero

Advanced Member

• Veteran
  • 186 posts
  • SN:johnythehero
  • Steam ID:johnythehero
  • Xbox Gamertag:johnythehero
  • PSN:johnythehero
  • EA Battlelog:johnythehero
  • LocationTennessee
Excellent

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

Well what do we have here? A package from a certain...Joe Vargas?

WG8G3Oo.jpg

Well, with that many postage stamps, it has to be bad-ass, which requires a bad-ass box opener 

WmOplw0.jpg

hSJzAYp.jpg

Why helloooo there, a box within a box!

LzaWthw.jpg

What a simple and clean box/container 

3bH7w1L.jpg

oh baby 

7fxVcmg.jpg

It is even in the official AJSA colours, thus making it even more bad-ass

DscGRrU.jpg

Since the name of the company is Gunnar, why not add a (faux) firearm, and a big bullet?

bigtUfO.jpg

Sorry for the massive pics, I just don't have any way to shrink them down.

I won these in the caption contest that was held in mid-December, and had been anxiously awaiting them for a little while. I had been wanting a pair of Gunnars for a while because my eye's are not very good, and they start to hurt and tear up when I play games for more than an hour or so. I am glad to say that the Gunnars do exactly what they say they do, and do it incredibly well. 

It is MUCH easier to look at screens for a long period of time, and things are sharper, but in a way that is hard to  explain. Things just seem bigger, and more focused. The tint the shades give things is actually not very intrusive. It does alter the colours quite a bit so I would not recommend these yellow lenses if you need color detail. The first time you use them, they will strain your eyes pretty bad, but after about 5 minutes that goes away. It also only happens the first couple of times you put them on, as I have been using them quite a bit this past week and it almost feels natural now. 

The build quality is also phenomenal and feels like the 150$ pair of glasses that they are. They feel very solid and are incredibly comfortable. The arms feel like they are made of some kind of metal, and all of the plastic/rubber parts are made of a nice polymer and feel very well made. 

Thanks again to Angry Joe for creating the AJSA and making these giveaways/contests happen, and to Gunnar for donating the many pair of gaming glasses that they did.

• BSB and Dogfish like this

#2 Lightning

Lightning

Advanced Member

• Veteran
  • 706 posts
  • SN:Lightning
  • Xbox Gamertag:N7Lightning
  • LocationThe Center of the Universe
Excellent

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

Congratulations I guess. Your eyes bother you only after an hour of gaming? That doesnt sound right. Nice to see Command delivers though. A couple of years back Bungie held a world vs Bungie event in which they played lolReach against the people and if you beat them they were supposed to send you a steak. Me and my friend found and stomped them and after that did everything accordingly and Bungie never delivered.

"Fool, prate not to me about covenants. There can be no covenants between men and lions, wolves and lambs can never be of one mind, but hate each other out and out and through. Therefore there can be no understanding between you and me, nor may there be any covenants between us, till one or other shall fall and glut grim Ares with his life's blood". -Achilles, The Iliad Book XXII

iqgdezdlyhxry.gif?w=700

#3 BSB

BSB

Advanced Member

• Veteran
  • 685 posts
  • SN:Shit!
  • Steam ID:Sindeku
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hell No
  • PSN:Novoroth
  • EA Battlelog:BSBrod
  • LocationEastern United States
Excellent

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:59 AM

Congratulations on your win and your new pair, cheers!

CaldariLogo128.pngamarr.pngCaldariLogo128.png

RA_banner_by_alexiuss.jpg

http://imgur.com/gallery/OniOW

"And though I walk under the flag of commerce and commit myself to the err's of man, I am but a humble messenger to pay you the respects of the cosmos. Your goods are mine, and your wallet is mine. Credit where credit is due, and so I thank you."

#4 Lossar

Lossar

Advanced Member

• Veteran
  • 1,800 posts
  • SN:Lossar
  • Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:42342211
  • PSN:lossar
  • LocationNamsos
Excellent

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:29 AM

Congrats man! I must admit, I got a little jealous ;)

"I am the table!"
- James Hetfield

Official AJSA Game Development Team Possible?: http://angryjoeshow....velopment-team/

#5 johnythehero

johnythehero

Advanced Member

• Veteran
  • 186 posts
  • LocationTennessee
Excellent

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

Congratulations I guess. Your eyes bother you only after an hour of gaming? That doesnt sound right. Nice to see Command delivers though. A couple of years back Bungie held a world vs Bungie event in which they played lolReach against the people and if you beat them they were supposed to send you a steak. Me and my friend found and stomped them and after that did everything accordingly and Bungie never delivered.

I have really bad eye's because I read to much when I was little and held the book to close to my face. The time usually varies, but it is usually about 1-2 hours before I have to take a break.

#6 johnythehero

johnythehero

Advanced Member

• Veteran
  • 186 posts
  • LocationTennessee
Excellent

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

I just realized I posted the wrong picture at the bottom lol.

#7 Dogfish

Dogfish

Chaplin

• AJSA Commander
  • 192 posts
  • SN:Dogfish
  • Steam ID:earlofdunbar
  • LocationScotland
Excellent

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

Congrats Johnny, I sincerely did chuckle at your image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!