#1 bartoman

bartoman

• Veteran
  • 26 posts
  • SN:bartoman
  • Locationitaly
Neutral

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

So here's the problem, I have an old xbox360, the one that doesn't have the built-in wifi adapter for internet connection, I never cared much about multiplayer, I only want to enjoy my games by myself or with friends visiting me at my home.

So I bought Assassin's Creed 4, great game, I love Pirates since I first played The Secret Of Monkey Island on the Amiga when I was a kid, so the game was a must a buy for me.

Well guess what? I played the game a lot, like 10 hours a day, and finished it, the problem is... I can only complete it 94,8%, why? because Ubisoft decided that single players should be forced to go online and do stuff in order to get 3 of the 22 treasure maps you need to complete the game, one of which is the fire barrels final upgrade for you boat, so I can't even MAX upgrade my boat.

In my opinion this is just bullshit, at least games like GTA V let you complete the game 100% in single player, not forcing you to go online to get stuff or do missions needed for the 100% completion, and speaking of ubisoft you can finish their other games without online like Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider, so I have no idea what they were thinking when they decided to do this, but as a gamer I feel robbed, I paid full price for I game I can't complete.

#2 Soviet Bishop

Soviet Bishop

• Recruit
  • 3 posts
  • SN:Soviet Bishop
  • Xbox Gamertag:Soviet Bishop
  • LocationSan diego, CA
Neutral

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

I had this problem before I made an Xbox live account, it's kind of like Microsoft's way of saying "we want more money" it's just the disadvantage of being an offline gamer and that they're trying to get more players online.

#3 bartoman

bartoman

• Veteran
  • 26 posts
  • Locationitaly
Neutral

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:03 AM

thet's not a Microsoft problem in my opinion, it's the Ubisoft developers who decided to put online some stuff needed to complete the the signle player campaign, it's just some assholes decision in my opinion, the only achievement they will get from me is that I won't buy any more Ubisoft titles, unless I find out first if I can finish them.

Also in the box it doesn't say anywhere that an internet connection is REQUIRED to complete the single player campaign, so I'm gonna ask for a refund as well.

• Roorah likes this

#4 TheCharmingOne

TheCharmingOne

• 12 posts
  • SN:TheCharmingOne
  • Steam ID:None
  • Xbox Gamertag:TheCharmingOne
  • PSN:None
  • EA Battlelog:TheCharmingOne
  • LocationUnited States
Neutral

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:41 PM

A lot of big game companies have started making "passports" that you need to have to unlock the entire game. It's a way for them to make people buy their game brand new instead of used so that they can get more money. Joe has made several videos expressing his opinion on this, and I greatly agree with him. Not to mention, as in your predicament, you can't even redeem the passport because you don't have access to online even though you bought the game at full retail price.

It's absolutely atrocious that companies have started getting greedy like this. You have my sympathies because I ran into this problem a lot when I first got my Xbox 360. I finally gave in and started paying the online charges about two years after I got it.

• bartoman likes this

#5 God Revan

God Revan

Advanced Member

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • SN:God Revan Ryu
  • Xbox Gamertag:God Revan Ryu
  • PSN:God_Revan_Ryu
  • LocationSan Juan
Excellent

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

I believe that your problem has sound and agree that it is somewhat scumbag-ish from Ubisoft to do something like this.

• bartoman likes this

65769.jpg
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

#6 GabrielRaul

GabrielRaul

• Recruit
  • 6 posts
  • SN:GabrielRaul
  • Steam ID:Heliraulregalado
  • PSN:GabrielRaul
  • LocationVancouver
Neutral

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

i'm agree with you this kind of things are just messed up and this is just a way for companies to make people buy their game brand new and get more money out of it don't get me wrong with what i'm about to say i'm completely against this kind of practices but if you think about it to create a game you need thousands of people working on them and a budget of millions of dollars and the 60$ disc-based games are just not working anymore for companies that's why many games developers are struggling financially in these days look at Capcom they are practically in bankruptcy and Ubisoft is not to far way, that's why so many developers are considering using DRM in their games i think in the next few years we are going to see the gaming industry having another crash once again  

#7 WarandWin

WarandWin

Advanced Member

• Veteran
  • 152 posts
  • SN:WarandWin
  • Xbox Gamertag:WarandWIn
  • PSN:WarandWin
  • LocationMexico
Excellent

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:03 PM

So here's the problem, I have an old xbox360, the one that doesn't have the built-in wifi adapter for internet connection, I never cared much about multiplayer, I only want to enjoy my games by myself or with friends visiting me at my home.

So I bought Assassin's Creed 4, great game, I love Pirates since I first played The Secret Of Monkey Island on the Amiga when I was a kid, so the game was a must a buy for me.

Well guess what? I played the game a lot, like 10 hours a day, and finished it, the problem is... I can only complete it 94,8%, why? because Ubisoft decided that single players should be forced to go online and do stuff in order to get 3 of the 22 treasure maps you need to complete the game, one of which is the fire barrels final upgrade for you boat, so I can't even MAX upgrade my boat.

In my opinion this is just bullshit, at least games like GTA V let you complete the game 100% in single player, not forcing you to go online to get stuff or do missions needed for the 100% completion, and speaking of ubisoft you can finish their other games without online like Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider, so I have no idea what they were thinking when they decided to do this, but as a gamer I feel robbed, I paid full price for I game I can't complete.

I think thats just stupid, you are 100% right, another thing is that there are yearly releases, which makes the game a little bit repetive for none AC fans, they should release a game each 2 years, so that they can add more features, so the game doesn't feel the same.

#8 Kababgonewrong

Kababgonewrong

• Recruit
  • 7 posts
  • SN:kababgoneworng
  • Xbox Gamertag:KababGoneWrong
  • LocationIreland
Neutral

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

I agree with you having ac4 myself and faced the same thing but i think it is because not much people buy ac games for the online but they are pretty fun escpiaclly the wolf pack mode. I think they are just getting people to at least try the online to get more numbers.

#9 WarandWin

WarandWin

Advanced Member

• Veteran
  • 152 posts
  • SN:WarandWin
  • Xbox Gamertag:WarandWIn
  • PSN:WarandWin
  • LocationMexico
Excellent

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

I agree with you having ac4 myself and faced the same thing but i think it is because not much people buy ac games for the online but they are pretty fun escpiaclly the wolf pack mode. I think they are just getting people to at least try the online to get more numbers.

yeah I think to must fun part aside for the story is the multiplayer.

#10 bartoman

bartoman

• Veteran
  • 26 posts
  • Locationitaly
Neutral

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:27 AM

well, in the end it went pretty good, I brought AC4 back to the store where a friend of mine works, and since he was about to buy it for himself he took mine and gave me a brand new copy of batman arkham origins.

This doesn't change the fact that developers are shitting all over single players.

#11 Lossar

Lossar

Advanced Member

• Veteran
  • 1,800 posts
  • SN:Lossar
  • Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:42342211
  • PSN:lossar
  • LocationNamsos
Excellent

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

Well that's just bullshit :/ Didn't quite expect Ubisoft to do something like this. Then again, they were one of the big bastards of DRM...  I feel for ya, man >_<

• bartoman likes this

"I am the table!"
- James Hetfield

Official AJSA Game Development Team Possible?: http://angryjoeshow....velopment-team/

#12 ultimakillX

ultimakillX

Advanced Member

• Veteran
  • 112 posts
  • SN:ultimakillx
  • Steam ID:ventus43
  • PSN:ultimakillx
  • Locationdetroit michigan
Good

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

there really starting to kill the AC series they need to make something happen fast

• bartoman likes this

#13 Sharinganedo

Sharinganedo

• Veteran
  • 13 posts
  • SN:Sharinganedo
  • Steam ID:Sharinganedo
  • PSN:Sharinganedo
  • LocationMaryland
Neutral

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:17 AM

Having to be online to get stuff kinda sucks, but I guess on a plus side for people who buy used, Ubi did reverse the Uplay thing and it'll be free to download.

#14 Aquila

Aquila

Advanced Member

• 497 posts
  • SN:Aquila
  • Steam ID:Jaguar_the_Inhuman
  • PSN:TheAngelAquila
  • LocationLong Island, NY
Excellent

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:21 AM

If I recall, this as also a problem with Mass Effect 3 because in order to get the 100% "true" ending you had to have played a multiplayer match online, so anyone without an internet connection was boned out of the 100% ending.

Though I was boned out of Assassin's Creed 3 100% completion because of game bugs.

spiderfear.gif

My Twitch Channel

By No Means Professional
Tuesdays @ 5pm - 9pm EST

List of my stream games
TheAngelAquila.png

#15 Hav0k569

Hav0k569

• 17 posts
  • SN:Hav0k569
  • PSN:Hav0k569
  • LocationOwensboro, KY
Neutral

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

Right after AC2 came out in 2009 the guy who created AC left the company because they told him about making it a yearly title and he hated the idea of it. I do think though that AC4 is leaps and bounds above every past AC except 2. that' still my all time favorite, as someone who hated 3 with burning passion i can tell you black flag is so improved.

#16 Imajinēshon

Imajinēshon

• 8 posts
  • SN:Imajinēshon
  • Steam ID:Imajinēshon
  • Xbox Gamertag:Madara578
  • PSN:N/A
  • EA Battlelog:N/A
  • LocationLong Island, NY
Neutral

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

It's unfortunate, but more and more companies are getting rid of a full single player experience and instead either making it a DRM Game, or doing some weird hybrid (I'm talking about the iFruit app for GTA 5 or the Map idiocy in Assassins Creed 4). For the companies, theirs more money online. They can charge you for micro-transactions, season passes, downloadable content, etc. Most people know, so I'll stop spreading the old news; but this is where the current gaming climate is taking us.

Kind of sad really; I'll miss games like Timeshift, Saints Row 2, Singularity, etc.

• bartoman likes this

#17 FUEL645

FUEL645

• Recruit
  • 12 posts
  • SN:Smellyfeet_-
  • Steam ID:FUEL645
  • Xbox Gamertag:DarkerThnBlack
  • PSN:Smellyfeet_-
  • EA Battlelog:M00nWarrior
  • LocationWA, Perth
Neutral

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:00 AM

Ubisoft has already gotten rid of the passport
http://blog.ubi.com/...uplay-passport/

#18 FUEL645

FUEL645

• Recruit
  • 12 posts
  • SN:Smellyfeet_-
  • Steam ID:FUEL645
  • Xbox Gamertag:DarkerThnBlack
  • PSN:Smellyfeet_-
  • EA Battlelog:M00nWarrior
  • LocationWA, Perth
Neutral

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:01 AM

#19 bartoman

bartoman

• Veteran
  • 26 posts
  • Locationitaly
Neutral

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:02 AM

Ubisoft has already gotten rid of the passport

too bad I can't connect to download whatever I need to get rid of it  :(

pretty much they got rid of it only for people who can go online anyway, so it doesn't help single players like me who can't connect their console to the internet

#20 Hav0k569

Hav0k569

• 17 posts
  • SN:Hav0k569
  • PSN:Hav0k569
  • LocationOwensboro, KY
Neutral

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

at least assassins creed multiplayer actually quite good and requires some sort of strategy of some sort

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!