Advanced Member

• 36 posts
  • SN:LootyDem
  • Steam ID:OldPinkShoes
  • PSN:LootyDem
  • LocationHertfordshire
Liked

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

Well firstly the main character e.g you is the decendant of the furtive pygmy.

Also little fun fact about Prisilla crossbreed is actually the daughter of Gwenevere and Seath the scaleless.

and sadly no it wasn't illusions guys although I would've loved that twist

None of those are really facts though just theories but many people do believe like those theroies but i dont really agree with them. Like for instance, Priscilla could actually be Gwynevere's daughter because we have never actually seen her husband so it is entirely poissible that Flame God Flann was a dragon or a relative of a dragon i mean when you think fire you think dragon, i know its a massive leap but it could be possible.

There arent many facts in dark souls but the illusion is one thing that is actually a fact and is proven. So unless you have anything like a youtube clip or a item description to prove any of that then its really just a theory.

And yes i do think we are decedants of the furtive pygmy but i think thats because we are human and all humans are decendants of it.

#22 argetlam350

argetlam350

Sunbro

• Veteran
  • 1,268 posts
  • SN:argetlam350
  • PSN:Argetlam350
  • LocationBillings
Forum Elite

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

Yeah, I agree with that the player is a descendent with the furtive pygmy, so are all other humans. Even if the player was the only descendent of the pygmy, I don't think it matters much in the prophecy since the only things a person must be to be a chosen undead is that you have to be undead and escape the asylum so that can be just about anyone who tries, after all technically Solaire is a chosen undead for he escapes the asylum and is undead.

Argetlam350.png

#23 LootyDem

LootyDem

Advanced Member

• 36 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire
Liked

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:14 AM

Yeah, I agree with that the player is a descendent with the furtive pygmy, so are all other humans. Even if the player was the only descendent of the pygmy, I don't think it matters much in the prophecy since the only things a person must be to be a chosen undead is that you have to be undead and escape the asylum so that can be just about anyone who tries, after all technically Solaire is a chosen undead for he escapes the asylum and is undead.

Yeah anyone can be the "choosen undead" and its obvious that your not really special or chosen just stonger than those before you when Kaathe says "They failed me, every last one of them. They were strong, but saw not the truth... I am certain that you will prove different." and that your not even the first  to entre the abyss "..Very well. Warriors as yourself are few. I will be patient. But I cannot wait forever..." But from that he could just be talking about Artorias or Witch Beatrice, but i personally i think he is talking about some more undeads who have managed to get into the abyss.

#24 Sir-Fortesque

Sir-Fortesque

• 3 posts
  • SN:Fortesque
  • PSN:Neurosis87
  • LocationItaly
True Neutral

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:01 AM

what's everybody fvourite npc?i'd say Sieglinde of Catarina she made it to the dukes as a human not as an undead so she's pretty badass

#25 SushiJaguar

SushiJaguar

Advanced Member

• 116 posts
  • SN:SushiJaguar
  • Steam ID:Alaneo1
  • Xbox Gamertag:II 4G Scarf II
  • PSN:ErikViking
  • EA Battlelog:SushiJaguar
  • LocationKent
Chaotic Good

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:32 AM

OSCAR THE FATELESS. I've done an Oscar run through the game, meaning Elite Knight set, Astora's Straight Sword, and Crest Shield only. It was damn difficult, especially as I could only use the slowest roll, but still, so much fun. Oscar has the best personal story out of everyone, check out VaatiVidya's video about his cut content.

#26 valkral

valkral

• Veteran
  • 13 posts
  • SN:valkral
  • Steam ID:mr_possible93
  • Xbox Gamertag:Mr Possible
  • PSN:Grey_Warden93
  • EA Battlelog:mrpossible93
  • LocationBlackpool
Liked

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:09 AM

OSCAR THE FATELESS. I've done an Oscar run through the game, meaning Elite Knight set, Astora's Straight Sword, and Crest Shield only. It was damn difficult, especially as I could only use the slowest roll, but still, so much fun. Oscar has the best personal story out of everyone, check out VaatiVidya's video about his cut content.

Man I love his cut content, all the cut content actually. Did you watch his vid on shiva? So good! It's such a shame that all this great stuff was cut.

'In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.'

#27 LootyDem

LootyDem

Advanced Member

• 36 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire
Liked

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:55 AM

I love his cut content, there is so much cut content in the game which is such a shame.

#28 argetlam350

argetlam350

Sunbro

• Veteran
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationBillings
Forum Elite

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:06 PM

Oh yeah there is a ton of cut content. Really the most cut content that never made it into the development cycle is that of Priscilla. She was going to play some role in the game besides being a boss from what the Design Works interviews said. That she was going to be some heroine that could help you out. That would of been interested. Or how Andre would of been the one to show the way to the Kiln of the First Flame, which makes me see him having some relation to Gywn, perhaps even the first son but who knows. Such a shame some things were cut.

Oh biggest disappointment of cut content would of been Undead King Jar-Eel one of the real Four Kings. That would of been epic, plus he had some sick armor. Shame that not everything can make it into a game.

• Mr. Sigot likes this

Argetlam350.png

#29 LootyDem

LootyDem

Advanced Member

• 36 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire
Liked

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:34 PM

I recommend http://www.youtube.c...o check it out.

#30 argetlam350

argetlam350

Sunbro

• Veteran
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationBillings
Forum Elite

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:54 PM

Yeah I've seen those content cut videos, there cool and interesting. Here are two other videos that show some cut content as well, mostly weapons and armor:

Shame he didn't finish the series. Stop with youtube all together mostly he did due to apparently life problems but oh well I guess.

Argetlam350.png

#31 HeartlessDragon

HeartlessDragon

• Veteran
  • 4 posts
  • SN:HeartlessDragon
  • Steam ID:HeartlessDragon.01
  • Xbox Gamertag:Ryu lhe master
  • LocationVeracruz
Liked

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:26 AM

Kirk, The Knight of Thorns may be good, i mean, why is he so bad??? because he invade us to steal our humanity???, i doubt it, may be he is stealing humanity for Quelaan (Quelaag's sister), may be he wants to se her happy, and that is why we can find his dead corpse near her (when we defeat him 3 times).

P.D: I'm sorry if i have mistakes in the grammar, i usually do not speak english

#32 LootyDem

LootyDem

Advanced Member

• 36 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire
Liked

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:09 AM

Kirk, The Knight of Thorns may be good, i mean, why is he so bad??? because he invade us to steal our humanity???, i doubt it, may be he is stealing humanity for Quelaan (Quelaag's sister), may be he wants to se her happy, and that is why we can find his dead corpse near her (when we defeat him 3 times).

P.D: I'm sorry if i have mistakes in the grammar, i usually do not speak english

I don't really think anyone who invades us (NPC) is evil and there is a reason behind why they did  it.

#33 argetlam350

argetlam350

Sunbro

• Veteran
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationBillings
Forum Elite

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:41 AM

I think there is really no denying that Kirk, the Knight of Thorns, was once a Dark Wraith but turned to being apart of the Chaos Sisters. Why, perhaps he felt sorry for the Fair Lady, Quelaan. In any case, really I think the biggest evidence of this is because of where his armor is found once you defeat him three times which is where the Fair Lady resides.

-

Somewhat going off topic and sharing some Dark Souls 2 lore but one thing I noticed during beta testing is that there is actually two war gods. One is Faraam and the other is Nahr Alma. Another  reason why I believe Dark Souls 2 takes place really far in the future is because of this since if it took place before Dark Souls, there would only be one war god which would of been Gywn's first born. So it seems that there are new lords/gods or maybe the church or religion shifted over the years and the lords were forgotten and replaced with new deities. Who knows, but I can't wait to see what new lore the game has in store.

Argetlam350.png

#34 SushiJaguar

SushiJaguar

Advanced Member

• 116 posts
  • SN:SushiJaguar
  • Steam ID:Alaneo1
  • Xbox Gamertag:II 4G Scarf II
  • PSN:ErikViking
  • EA Battlelog:SushiJaguar
  • LocationKent
Chaotic Good

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:16 AM

I'm putting my money on there being no new true deities. I think Lordran and the rest of the world outside will have moved past gods almost entirely, save for the Way of White. I think they'll be a part of the antagonists if the Undead Curse still exists in DkS2, which I'm pretty sure will be the case as the theme for the second game is "Curse".

Didn't know about all those cut armour sets and weapons though, that's a darn shame, some of those are awesome as hell.

And as for Kirk, I don't believe he's a bad guy at all. Sure he invades people's worlds and slays them to nick humanity, but let's consider that for a second. You can't outright kill an Undead, so all he is really doing is pushing them a bit closer towards Hollowing. Now, that's really mean and cruel, and you could argue that Kirk could just kill demons for the humanity that Quelaana needs...except if you go by one theory, humanity sprites come from the Dark Soul, and humans are more replete with humanity because they all have shards of the Dark Soul within them. So if you look at it from that perspective, Kirk is only doing a tiny bit of harm. Either way, his methods might be flawed, but his goal certainly isn't. You can't call Quelaana anything other than an innocent. She and Quelaag are victims of a mistake, and that mistake was only made in the first place in pursuit of a worthy goal. Creating an artificial First Flame would probably have solved the issue of the encroaching Abyss forever. Anyways, I think Kirk is fighting for a noble cause in Lordran and I don't actually enjoy having to kick his ass three times in every playthrough. Poor bugger.

#35 LootyDem

LootyDem

Advanced Member

• 36 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire
Liked

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:37 AM

I'm putting my money on there being no new true deities. I think Lordran and the rest of the world outside will have moved past gods almost entirely, save for the Way of White. I think they'll be a part of the antagonists if the Undead Curse still exists in DkS2, which I'm pretty sure will be the case as the theme for the second game is "Curse".

Didn't know about all those cut armour sets and weapons though, that's a darn shame, some of those are awesome as hell.

And as for Kirk, I don't believe he's a bad guy at all. Sure he invades people's worlds and slays them to nick humanity, but let's consider that for a second. You can't outright kill an Undead, so all he is really doing is pushing them a bit closer towards Hollowing. Now, that's really mean and cruel, and you could argue that Kirk could just kill demons for the humanity that Quelaana needs...except if you go by one theory, humanity sprites come from the Dark Soul, and humans are more replete with humanity because they all have shards of the Dark Soul within them. So if you look at it from that perspective, Kirk is only doing a tiny bit of harm. Either way, his methods might be flawed, but his goal certainly isn't. You can't call Quelaana anything other than an innocent. She and Quelaag are victims of a mistake, and that mistake was only made in the first place in pursuit of a worthy goal. Creating an artificial First Flame would probably have solved the issue of the encroaching Abyss forever. Anyways, I think Kirk is fighting for a noble cause in Lordran and I don't actually enjoy having to kick his ass three times in every playthrough. Poor bugger.

I think just because Kirk is trying to help her doesn't mean hes good, a kind act doesn't make someone kind it just means they did one good thing and invading is seen as evil, i mean your red and black you don't look vey inviting also your trying to steal souls and humanity from someone. So hes trying to help someone by doing evil acts. But i also dont think Kirk is evil, i think hes...a person is probably the best way to describe him. Hes selfish at first, finds someone he loves and then tries to help her but the only way he can help her is invading other peoples worlds, which is an "evil" act. Honestly, i dont think you can put most people in the "good/bad" catagory, the NPC's are all complicated in their own way.

#36 argetlam350

argetlam350

Sunbro

• Veteran
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationBillings
Forum Elite

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:34 PM

Yeah there really no denying what he is doing is for a greater good in his mind but I don't take kindly to his invasions. XD

It's always interesting to debate on the endings. For me I have to say that the Dark Lord ending is actually the good ending while the Rekindling the Bonfire ending is the evil ending. I say this because really when you rekindle the bonfire, all you are doing is prolonging the age of lords and prolonging the life of the flames which will eventually die out once more after so many years. Really I think man was truly suppose to transcend the lords, become free of the lords and make a path for themselves so despite being called the Dark Lord I feel rather that you are ushering in a new age.

Now if only you could usher in that new age without the accursed serpents.

I also like to make up a third ending if you saved Solaire until the very end of the game. That after you defeat Gywn, he is still in your world, human. You talk and you leave and return to the entrance of the Kiln. The serpents prepare to bow to you as their new lord but suddenly the flames in the Kiln ablaze to life as Solaire sacrifices his soul to the flames finally finding his sun, his true purpose. The serpents grow outraged and you then get to kill them all. That would be my true happy ending in a nutshell. XD

Argetlam350.png

#37 LootyDem

LootyDem

Advanced Member

• 36 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire
Liked

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

Yeah there really no denying what he is doing is for a greater good in his mind but I don't take kindly to his invasions. XD

It's always interesting to debate on the endings. For me I have to say that the Dark Lord ending is actually the good ending while the Rekindling the Bonfire ending is the evil ending. I say this because really when you rekindle the bonfire, all you are doing is prolonging the age of lords and prolonging the life of the flames which will eventually die out once more after so many years. Really I think man was truly suppose to transcend the lords, become free of the lords and make a path for themselves so despite being called the Dark Lord I feel rather that you are ushering in a new age.

Now if only you could usher in that new age without the accursed serpents.

I also like to make up a third ending if you saved Solaire until the very end of the game. That after you defeat Gywn, he is still in your world, human. You talk and you leave and return to the entrance of the Kiln. The serpents prepare to bow to you as their new lord but suddenly the flames in the Kiln ablaze to life as Solaire sacrifices his soul to the flames finally finding his sun, his true purpose. The serpents grow outraged and you then get to kill them all. That would be my true happy ending in a nutshell. XD

I have a feeling there is actually only one serpent. I dunno i dont have anything to justify it but i just get that feeling

And honestly i dont think there is a good or bad endning i think the endings are just...ending. Dark souls is always n the grey area of good/bad so i dont see either endings as good or bad just something differet happens depending the ending, either you prolong the age of fire or you dont.

#38 argetlam350

argetlam350

Sunbro

• Veteran
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationBillings
Forum Elite

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:12 PM

True, though I still feel the Dark Lord ending is the better of the two. As for the serpents I despise them. Don't care if they are one or not but they deserve to die. I'm pretty sure though they are more then one since in the Dark Lord ending they show like eight of them, four on either side of the entrance to the kiln.

Argetlam350.png

#39 Mr. Sigot

Mr. Sigot

• 8 posts
  • SN:Sigot
  • Steam ID:Sigot
  • Xbox Gamertag:Sigot
  • LocationKansas City MO
True Neutral

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:58 AM

Can we all just take a moment to remember that super troll of the secret of the pendent. I was never one to go exploring for it cause I was late into the serious, only starting to play several months after Dark Souls release. How ever I joined in during the pendent hunt for its secret. And I was watching every video on it intel it was revealed it was a prank played by the game's director. 

#40 Mr. Sigot

Mr. Sigot

• 8 posts
  • SN:Sigot
  • Steam ID:Sigot
  • Xbox Gamertag:Sigot
  • LocationKansas City MO
True Neutral

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:04 AM

True, though I still feel the Dark Lord ending is the better of the two. As for the serpents I despise them. Don't care if they are one or not but they deserve to die. I'm pretty sure though they are more then one since in the Dark Lord ending they show like eight of them, four on either side of the entrance to the kiln.

I think the serpents and the covenant that goes along with them are the probably the better in a moral stand point, but how they go about it is far from moral. Because while they invade others and steal humanity with the Dark Hand and most of the time kill the host of the world. They entire goal is to return the pieces of humanity (which are speculated to be pieces of the Dark Soul) back into the Abyss. A nobel dead indeed. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!