• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nuggetmaster

PSN needs better security

23 posts in this topic

I thought Sony would have gotten better at security after what happened with the PS3, but nope. Still playstation users getting hacked.I know nothing is impervious to hacking, but i feel sony didn't even try to beef up security. Let me know what you guys think.

-Snip-

If you actually spent 30 seconds and looked into what he is saying you would realize he's telling the truth, their network was breached yet again, fraudulent charges have been taking place and they sent out massive password change requests.

I smell blind platform allegiance and ignorance, their network security is still extremely insecure, it's not very good and never has been...

Well, I knew the network was, kinda hacked?.. ish

Nobody is safe form hacking. Not sony, sot Microsoft, not Nintendo, not the NSA, not Adobe, not Facebook, not Google (It's happened toll all of them, so stop the microdone fanboyisum), not you, not me, not anybody. If a hacker wants in, he'll get in.

The recent Sony hack was a problem one moment, fixed the next. If I hadn't read about it, I wouldn't have known about it, despite being so dependant on Sony shit.

You are really turning to a serious bug on these forums, and your days are numbered. I'm going to report you, like I promised to the mods.

I'm no fanboy, but when I see bullshit, I call it. I've done the same thing elsewhere. Something is coming from me, just need a little time.

ahh the whole psn is hacked!!!!! its over yet every single online site even nvidia/steam/master card has been hacked in the last year. Also 2006-2009 sony had 0 hack's against psn not until that psn store hack in 2009 and after that it was 2011 with the geohot crap now they are having issues because of dam devkits out there. Microsoft had jtag shit sense 2006 and the other sites out there have been routinely hacked for years.

Well, I knew the network was, kinda hacked?.. ish

Nobody is safe form hacking. Not sony, sot Microsoft, not Nintendo, not the NSA, not Adobe, not Facebook, not Google (It's happened toll all of them, so stop the microdone fanboyisum), not you, not me, not anybody. If a hacker wants in, he'll get in.

The recent Sony hack was a problem one moment, fixed the next. If I hadn't read about it, I wouldn't have known about it, despite being so dependant on Sony shit.

You are really turning to a serious bug on these forums, and your days are numbered. I'm going to report you, like I promised to the mods.

I'm no fanboy, but when I see bullshit, I call it. I've done the same thing elsewhere. Something is coming from me, just need a little time.

My days are numbered? Really? People don't like hearing things as they are and when someone is blunt with them they overreact just as you are now.. I don't play games, I don't butter up what I'm saying because the reality is it doesn't need to be. The guy made a thread about the PSN network being breached and that Sony's lack of security is questionable, instead of researching the issue you pointed out irrelevant things below his avatar concerning him not having a PSN account, his post count and you called him an "Xbot".

Only after I confronted you did you look into things, did you come back with some type of formal response surrounding what he was saying. You can report me 50 times a day and it wouldn't negate the reality of what I said, your initial response was blind platform filled allegiance and ignorant, was it not? Was the PSN network not compromised and did they not have people change their passwords on a massive scale?

You can try to play these manipulative "I'm the victim" games but the reality is you sought out confrontation by responding to the OP in a very ignorant and illicit manner instead of researching the issue and responding in a proper manner, anyone with half a brain can see what you're doing. I am a blunt person, I don't play these games and I'm not going to play them with you, if you say something ridiculous and ignorant I am going to call you out on it, as should anyone.

This isn't a one way street where you can just say things like that and expect people to not to respond accordingly, so again, report me all you want, I'm not doing this childish ballet with you.

Someone managed to get into my account and buy 50 dollars worth of FIFA points. Thanks, Sony. Every other distribution platform I use has stringent security options I can use to stop this from happening.

Someone managed to get into my account and buy 50 dollars worth of FIFA points. Thanks, Sony. Every other distribution platform I use has stringent security options I can use to stop this from happening.

That is very unfortunate, I hope you get things worked out.

I'm with Nya on this.

What bullshit do you see? Be fair, it doesn't matter if the OP has a Playstation or not, he presents a genuinely relevant issue, one that someone doesn't need a Playstation to comment on. If the forum required us to only post in threads we have a direct personal relation to, we'd see some very one sided discussions.

I'm glad that it didn't affect you, but that doesn't make it any less of a problem, and it surely affected a lot of other people.

Drunkcrusader, Nya` and rairoken16 like this

Fortunately I haven't received any messages to change my password yet again after the massive PSN shutdown. Maybe it helped that I don't have a Credit Card with the account (I never use Credit Cards with any online profile, online means vulnerable in my opinion). Now that people have to pay for PS+ and online services, I hope Sony invests more in it's security and overall performance.

I'm with Nya on this.

What bullshit do you see? Be fair, it doesn't matter if the OP has a Playstation or not, he presents a genuinely relevant issue, one that someone doesn't need a Playstation to comment on. If the forum required us to only post in threads we have a direct personal relation to, we'd see some very one sided discussions.

I'm glad that it didn't affect you, but that doesn't make it any less of a problem, and it surely affected a lot of other people.

That is true, something been hacked like this means it's security and what they can pull off is been tested, they must really pay attention to it or pretty bad things can happen.

Nya` likes this

The best thing to do is not to save your card information on your system. I always delete the billing information every time I buy stuff in the store.

My days are numbered? Really? People don't like hearing things as they are and when someone is blunt with them they overreact just as you are now.. I don't play games, I don't butter up what I'm saying because the reality is it doesn't need to be. The guy made a thread about the PSN network being breached and that Sony's lack of security is questionable, instead of researching the issue you pointed out irrelevant things below his avatar concerning him not having a PSN account, his post count and you called him an "Xbot".

Only after I confronted you did you look into things, did you come back with some type of formal response surrounding what he was saying. You can report me 50 times a day and it wouldn't negate the reality of what I said, your initial response was blind platform filled allegiance and ignorant, was it not? Was the PSN network not compromised and did they not have people change their passwords on a massive scale?

You can try to play these manipulative "I'm the victim" games but the reality is you sought out confrontation by responding to the OP in a very ignorant and illicit manner instead of researching the issue and responding in a proper manner, anyone with half a brain can see what you're doing. I am a blunt person, I don't play these games and I'm not going to play them with you, if you say something ridiculous and ignorant I am going to call you out on it, as should anyone.

This isn't a one way street where you can just say things like that and expect people to not to respond accordingly, so again, report me all you want, I'm not doing this childish ballet with you.

You know what's become clear to me, it's taken a while, but I've got it now. You are a fanboy and a troll

You jump right on anything console related, blindly and without thinking it through, just because it suits your point.

Just because you have an intellect and are well versed in English (Especially for someone from North Korea, if that's indeed where you are from), doesn't make you smart. There's is a sharp difference between knowledge and wisdom.

I don't claim to know everything. All I'm saying is, even if my presumed facts are wrong (And they could be, and if they are, I apologise to the thread starter.), but somebody who posts a very generic and un-personalised topic about PSN hacking (though it could have been about anything, tbh), with no declared PSNID, age or sex, a vague location, only one other previous post that wasn't even an introduction, no personalisation on his/her profile, avatar or signature and has not even responded to anyone on his/her own thread as of yet leaves me a tad suspicious. Either your a blind moron or a blind troll, or possibly both.

Could this , indeed, be you, or some other xdrone or PC fanboy on a ghost account?

Werther you are doing this or not. you're an idiot. Following shit blindly without thinking about it. This is going to stop from you. Your way, or mine

The flaming and bashing of each other needs stop in this thread, and in all threads for that matter. Steps will be taken if this persists, so please keep it on topic and civil.

Consider this an official warning.

Stove likes this

You know what's become clear to me, it's taken a while, but I've got it now. You are a fanboy and a troll

You jump right on anything console related, blindly and without thinking it through, just because it suits your point.

Just because you have an intellect and are well versed in English (Especially for someone from North Korea, if that's indeed where you are from), doesn't make you smart. There's is a sharp difference between knowledge and wisdom.

I don't claim to know everything. All I'm saying is, even if my presumed facts are wrong (And they could be, and if they are, I apologise to the thread starter.), but somebody who posts a very generic and un-personalised topic about PSN hacking (though it could have been about anything, tbh), with no declared PSNID, age or sex, a vague location, only one other previous post that wasn't even an introduction, no personalisation on his/her profile, avatar or signature and has not even responded to anyone on his/her own thread as of yet leaves me a tad suspicious. Either your a blind moron or a blind troll, or possibly both.

Could this , indeed, be you, or some other xdrone or PC fanboy on a ghost account?

Werther you are doing this or not. you're an idiot. Following shit blindly without thinking about it. This is going to stop from you. Your way, or mine

Well you got me, I'm a fanboy troll because I dropped a logic and rationality bomb on your head, I guess I better update my definitions, trolololololo........

curtis.jpg

Seriously though, you attacked the guy and his thread for no real reason, stop trying to rationalize your shitposting, because that's exactly what it was, you shitposting. Why does the amount of posts he has, him not having a PSN ID, his age, sex or anything else matter? It doesn't, I didn't even look at those things and I knew what he was talking about the moment the thread popped up because I had read about it earlier. It was completely valid criticism of Sony, their past history with this happening and it now taking place again.

You're at fault for simply not asking "what happened?" or going and doing a quick search on Google to see what happened, instead you chose to treat this guy like he was an "Xbot" trolling idiot and you went after him...

Stop trying to place the blame of your shortcomings on others and constantly insulting everyone. I am not on a ghost account, I am not a troll, I am not an idiot, I am not a blind moron, I am not an xdrone, I am not a PC fanboy, I am not any of the garbage things you choose to call people because your teenage angst is getting out of control and I backed you into a corner...

This is really simple, control you attitude and accept responsibility for your actions, stop blaming everyone else because you're doing and saying stupid things.

The best thing to do is not to save your card information on your system. I always delete the billing information every time I buy stuff in the store.

Good thing that ill keep in mind to always do from now on, lucky I was not affected sucks for the people who were though,

Well you got me, I'm a fanboy troll because I dropped a logic and rationality bomb on your head, I guess I better update my definitions, trolololololo........

curtis.jpg

Seriously though, you attacked the guy and his thread for no real reason, stop trying to rationalize your shitposting, because that's exactly what it was, you shitposting. Why does the amount of posts he has, him not having a PSN ID, his age, sex or anything else matter? It doesn't, I didn't even look at those things and I knew what he was talking about the moment the thread popped up because I had read about it earlier. It was completely valid criticism of Sony, their past history with this happening and it now taking place again.

You're at fault for simply not asking "what happened?" or going and doing a quick search on Google to see what happened, instead you chose to treat this guy like he was an "Xbot" trolling idiot and you went after him...

Stop trying to place the blame of your shortcomings on others and constantly insulting everyone. I am not on a ghost account, I am not a troll, I am not an idiot, I am not a blind moron, I am not an xdrone, I am not a PC fanboy, I am not any of the garbage things you choose to call people because your teenage angst is getting out of control and I backed you into a corner...

This is really simple, control you attitude and accept responsibility for your actions, stop blaming everyone else because you're doing and saying stupid things.

You know what, I'm done. your clearly going to keep going. So, I am just gonna star hitting the report button. BTW, I was fully aware of the PSN issue, and it was minor, just like how I'm aware of how Adobe, Google + and Facebook were recently hacked to.

Lets keep it civil lads.. - true they got breached to a degree but they have homeland security and international security experts working there now.. im sure loopholes will be fixed.

People really need to calm down a little.

Apart from the really strange discussion that started here... yes PSN got hacked but you will never be secure regarding this. As mentioned earlier even Google, NSA etc. can be hacked if there are enough people who know what they are doing. This has happened and will happen. Is it good? Hell no. Can you prevent it and state that it will never ever happen again? Not at all.

Simple.... don't use your credit card for PSN anymore buy PSN pre paid cards and for PS plus.

Now I'm not saying this isn't an issue because it clearly is but Sony are handling it much better this time, but it really sucks to have to say that!!  With extra money that's going to come in through PS+ in the next couple of quarters I'm sure things will improve as well they should.

Honestly, it being a free service, depending on which system your on, that I really didn't feel any shock or disappointment when psn got hacked. If I was paying and they still got hacked then I'd be really pissed.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0