• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

Holy shit. Looks like someone on youtube is going to go in court Phoenix Wright style on youtube/Sega, if it happens. SEGA ACTUALLY RESPONDED TO HIM.

38 posts in this topic

This guy has been in the videos I posted that basically tells people to countermeasure against Youtube's stupid content ID system. Unfortunately, one of his videos which is a playthrough of Binary Domain, got a full copyright strike by Sega, or possibly an asshole that claims he's from Sega. And he did the ballsiest thing ever. He writes to the person that give him that strike basically saying "alright asshole, this video is under use of fair law. If this is really Sega that's claiming this, take me to fucking court because I am not going to put up with this bullshit. Go FUCK yourself."

He even got a message from the real life Phoenix Wright Ultra David that he would love to defend this guy in court. This is so awesome, that I am issuing a  badass seal of approval.

BadAss_AJS_flat_KablooieXL.png?9d7bd4

If he does go to court, I will definitely support this guy. I will ask the court to have a confetti ready, and an orchestra playing badass Phoenix Wright's music in the background. Buuuut let's see if it happens. Too early to tell.

Update here: Sega called this guy asking for the link of the video that ask them to sue him, and Sega basically said "ok, we will let you know what happens".

Holy shit. They actually responded.

Wolfspawn and Hawko like this

TB did a video and says a lot of developers are saying it is okay to use their content and monetize it. Not all of them certainly but it is nice to see some game developers are not total assholes.

TB did a video and says a lot of developers are saying it is okay to use their content and monetize it. Not all of them certainly but it is nice to see some game developers are not total assholes.

Not Sega and Nintendo though, noooo.

Both Sega and Nintendo are extremely scummy. One issued copyright claims in order to push their new game to the top of search list and the other tried to stop a fighting game from being streamed at evo after the community raised almost $100,000 for charity to put the game there.

Kaz if you go to my thread in the In The News Section, you'll see that I have all of his videos relating to this on the main post of the thread and I'm updating to put this one exactly. DarksydePhil is someone who is determined to get shit done!

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/10325-youtube-becoming-more-anti-user

Kaz32 likes this

Kaz if you go to my thread in the In The News Section, you'll see that I have all of his videos relating to this on the main post of the thread and I'm updating to put this one exactly. DarksydePhil is someone who is determined to get shit done!

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/10325-youtube-becoming-more-anti-user

Wow, you did it more early than I did! Good job man, but I'll put his videos to my thread in case people didn't see it in the news article. You should update the latest one too!

God Revan likes this

Wow, you did it more early than I did! Good job man, but I'll put his videos to my thread in case people didn't see it in the news article. You should update the latest one too!

Already did! Check it out.

Kaz32 likes this

He should probably go to court. I mean he is loosing money becouse of that stupid system. I'm 100% with him.

Youtubers love talking big, we'll see if anyone actually acts on it when it comes down to it.

And tbh, why even bother taking Sega to court? Google/youtube are the ones that implemented this system which is what's causing people to lose money, take them to court.

Youtubers love talking big, we'll see if anyone actually acts on it when it comes down to it.

And tbh, why even bother taking Sega to court? Google/youtube are the ones that implemented this system which is what's causing people to lose money, take them to court.

This guy is a man of his word. When he goes down to do something, he will do it.

Sega's the one issuing the damn copyright claim to his video, so he's going to fight them first. But while doing this, he'll potentially tell the whole court that youtube and the music label industry is at fault and he'll be able to shift the blame on them. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone as they say.

Ugh, DSP.  I love how he's claiming fair use against these companies in the videos he makes, but then claims copyright infringement when someone else takes one of his LP videos and makes fun of it.

https://twitter.com/TheyCallMeDSP/status/300420613711986688

And here's a link to the video he was talking about (you might need to open it in a new window/tab to see it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYc4qGhUu54

He seriously believes that making a video talking over movies or let's plays is copyright infringement, but making a video talking over a video game isn't since it's "interactive" (and not only that, but that it then makes said video YOUR own copyrighted material).  Sorry, but I just cannot stand DSP.  But hey, kudos to him if he can pull this off I guess.

Ugh, DSP.  I love how he's claiming fair use against these companies in the videos he makes, but then claims copyright infringement when someone else takes one of his LP videos and makes fun of it.

https://twitter.com/TheyCallMeDSP/status/300420613711986688

And here's a link to the video he was talking about (you might need to open it in a new window/tab to see it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYc4qGhUu54

He seriously believes that making a video talking over movies or let's plays is copyright infringement, but making a video talking over a video game isn't since it's "interactive" (and not only that, but that it then makes said video YOUR own copyrighted material).  Sorry, but I just cannot stand DSP.  But hey, kudos to him if he can pull this off I guess.

Forget about that shit that's already 2 years old. He addresses this problem this year so that's old news now. Right now he's fighting this system, and that's what's important. Doesn't matter if people hate him or are his fans, people needs to listen to him this time and support what he's doing for the good of everyone on youtube.

Guys - who are the only people that benefit when things go to court?  Lawyers.

I know outsiders like to talk about right verses wrong, and moral high-grounds....  but time is money.  Angry Joe has to be rationale.  He has to decide on a time'/benefit basis of what the best course of action is.  Say - for example - he makes $1000 on a video.....  he goes to court and court costs alone are $5000.  What's the point?  Just to win a moral battle?  Meh.  It changed very little - it's not a real victory.

Free lawyers?  We'll see.  The battle here isn't with Youtube - it's a battle about copyright.  Try to see the big picture.  A court case could last YEARS.  Literally. 

Look - take a Michael Jackson song (personally I'd rather not, but as an example).  Can I use 15 seconds of it to review a  game?  Can I use 15 seconds of it on the radio?  Can I use 15 seconds of it to sell perfume ina  commercial?  Can I play 15 seconds of it on Spotify without paying the copyright holder?  What's fair use?  Why?

Youtube aren't doing this to attack youtubers - they are enforcing the law.  The law changes, and maybe Youtube have been over-zealous.  But let's face it, Youtube have nothing to lose.  Do you think they care if they're paying Angry-Joe or Sony?  No.  It's clearly not about that.

But, without lawyers ..... comedians would lose material.

Arc likes this

But, without lawyers ..... comedians would lose material.

HA, you made my chuckle

If he does go to court, I will definitely support this guy. I will ask the court to have a confetti ready, and an orchestra playing badass Phoenix Wright's music in the background. Buuuut let's see if it happens. Too early to tell.

And what do you do when you find out that the guy you supported isn't a good guy at all?

I'm just curious. 

I know outsiders like to talk about right verses wrong, and moral high-grounds....  but time is money.  Angry Joe has to be rationale.  He has to decide on a time'/benefit basis of what the best course of action is.  Say - for example - he makes $1000 on a video.....  he goes to court and court costs alone are $5000.  What's the point?  Just to win a moral battle?  Meh.  It changed very little - it's not a real victory.

Free lawyers?  We'll see.  The battle here isn't with Youtube - it's a battle about copyright.  Try to see the big picture.  A court case could last YEARS.  Literally. 

Look - take a Michael Jackson song (personally I'd rather not, but as an example).  Can I use 15 seconds of it to review a  game?  Can I use 15 seconds of it on the radio?  Can I use 15 seconds of it to sell perfume ina  commercial?  Can I play 15 seconds of it on Spotify without paying the copyright holder?  What's fair use?  Why?

Youtube aren't doing this to attack youtubers - they are enforcing the law.  The law changes, and maybe Youtube have been over-zealous.  But let's face it, Youtube have nothing to lose.  Do you think they care if they're paying Angry-Joe or Sony?  No.  It's clearly not about that.

This guy basically speaks the truth.

Except I like certain MJ songs. And the Moonwalker Sega Genesis game is awesome. And the arcade game is on drugs.

And the Moonwalker Sega Genesis game is awesome. 

I ... I don't think we can be friends anymore.

I ... I don't think we can be friends anymore.

You will sit down and you will play it with me!

Because I make awesome delicious chicken food and you can have whatever drink you want!

:P

You will sit down and you will play it with me!

If you insist.....

I really need to drag my mind out of the gutter.

If you insist.....

I really need to drag my mind out of the gutter.

You couldn't possibly had misread that line...  :mellow:  Like that.

You couldn't possibly had misread that line...  :mellow:  Like that.

No ... honest.

I thought you meant a game of Scrabble or Monopoly.

In no way did my mind think "BOOBIES" .... no way at all. 

I swear.

No ... honest.

I thought you meant a game of Scrabble or Monopoly.

In no way did my mind think "BOOBIES" .... no way at all. 

I swear.

:mellow:

wolfclothing_zpsa150ac87.jpg

Gone likes this

Both Sega and Nintendo are extremely scummy. One issued copyright claims in order to push their new game to the top of search list and the other tried to stop a fighting game from being streamed at evo after the community raised almost $100,000 for charity to put the game there.

I'm not completely convinced that the Sega issue was over search engine results, that is just a Theory, a plausible one, yes, but there is no proof that was Sega's intentions. Just look at it this way.

Sega - Shinning Force on Youtube

Nintendo - Smash Brothers at EVO, and Nintendo products on Youtube

Square Enix - Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn on Youtube and Twitch

Three big publishing company's, that have gone to extreme lengths to protect their game assets. I'm guessing you see the link here, but just in case you don't. They're all Japanese comapany's. I think it should be fairly obvious that Japan just doesn't know how to deal with the Internet and Westerners. It seems to me this is just a cultural difference and a communication problem.

The fact is the Japanese don't like to be told they're doing things wrong, and they especially don't like to be told they are doing things wrong by Westerners. You should remember that for all of the 90's and most of the naughty's Japan was a world leader in technology, and now Nintendo can't even sync your digital products your account. You download a game on the Wii-U, that game is only on that machine, if that Machine breaks you lose that game.

So i don't think Sega's attack on Shinning Force videos had anything to do with Youtube search Rankings, because for a start i'm not convinced Sega-Japan even care about Youtube search rankings. They just thought people were stealing their assets, and bought the hammer down, because that is how you handle copyright stuff on Youtube. And while all these Western company's like Blizzard and Ubisoft don't want these ID content matches to affect Youtubers and will help get rid of them, i don't expect the Japanese to do the same. Not because they're evil, but because they don't understand that Youtube can be a good thing for their game. They just see it as people stealing their work.