• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Rage DragonX

Angry Joe is Getting Around

14 posts in this topic

With all the YouTube copyright claims bullshit happening and our Leader Joe making his rant about it early this week it seems it is going around. First with Kotaku, and just today Inside Gaming released a video a with a small but noticeable clip from Joes rant.Check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Sff9FEIwg                                                                                                                                           Forgot that they are talking about the issues too! 

If Youtube is smart, (Which I doubt it because they are businessmen and all they care about is money obviously), they will rid of this retarded nonsense. Youtube I doubt realizes that they are RUINING LIVES here. But they don't care, It's F'ing Youtube, since when have corporations cared about the common people? What next though, are they going to flag us for using pictures or even PLACES because we don't own the public places or pictures that are ON THE INTERNET?

Yea ive been reading and watching utube vids about this.. Not just Joe's... A lot of this has to do with utubers playing music in their vids.. whether its form the game itself or just a 10sec/longer clip of a song... So for the moment your best bet it to turn off music in game and have no music in your videos if you make one.. Unless its your own music of course...

A lot of game companies are coming out saying you can use their content as well.... Things will change. This is to hot of a topic to just go away.. I feel bad for Joe, all other utubers that are affected by this, but in the long run I think things will get better for everyone. 

Joe and other utubers might not have the money to fight these big companies in court. Yet if enough people talk about it, say how upset they are, then they wont have to do that. I think over time the Copyright Laws might have to be change for this modern day media. 

I feel bad for Joe as well. This is a dark time for all YouTubers. A very dark time.

I really just can't stand this. I wanted to do my LP's, game reviews, anime reviews, and movie reviews. Well now thanks to this new policy I can't do that.

The worst thing is they lied to everyone when they said these changes weren't happening until next year but decided to implement them now.

ummm they used footage of other people without their permission... Someone flag that.

With all the YouTube copyright claims bullshit happening and our Leader Joe making his rant about it early this week it seems it is going around. First with Kotaku, and just today Inside Gaming released a video a with a small but noticeable clip from Joes rant.Check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Sff9FEIwg                                                                                                                                           Forgot that they are talking about the issues too! 

Nice however, I refuse to rest untill they actually start to mention Lessing v. Liberation Media LTD, one of the most landmark DMCA cases happening right now and should come to a conclusion sometime this spring/summer.

Charge!!!!!!!

War-horse-horses-charging-into-battle.jp

If youtube knew that this was going to happen, they are idiots. making people stop uploading then they get less money.

SO WHY DO IT!!!!

If youtube knew that this was going to happen, they are idiots. making people stop uploading then they get less money.

SO WHY DO IT!!!!

It's called covering your ass.

It's called covering your ass.

It's called 'they get more money from someone else thus we don't matter anymore'

Also here is another forum with vids and with link.

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/10696-youtube-gaming-copyright-incident/#entry119082

Also my my comment from that forum.

You say it's one or the others fault.

but it clearly is both.

Youtube for making a broken system and mcn's taking advantage of that.

First they lay low until they get into youtube's trust program so their mcn won't get scanned by the program. Then once they got it they abbuse it and gobble up every channel with 50 subscribers to the 10,000s. Youtube then notices them taking advantage and actually does something about it.

Mcn's MAINLY MAKER AND POLARIS, let channels sign choke contracts 6 months back. Which nearly all channels knew nothing about the actual changes coming because of youtube's failure to communicate.

Then when push comes to shove, youtube actually makes the program EVEN WORSE and mcn's like maker and polaris sit back and let youtube take all the blame.

And when affiliates want to back out because mcn's are basically useless to them.

Nope choke contract from 6 months back, oh you didn't know about the change, too bad keep gimme that 50/50 split.

And the reason Joe got affiliate status is basic math.

The ammount of claims strikes he could get outway the number of subs he has and views he gets. Joe gets So many views but not that much compared to tb pewdiepie and the like.

for the full explanation.

go to 1:45 and you'll know about the polaris contract bind

takes about 10 minutes to watch both vids.

it's not just ones fault, youtube and polaris are BOTH at fault here.

It's called 'they get more money from someone else thus we don't matter anymore'

Care to quantify this statement?