• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Phonon

Question: Did ASJA get DDOsed today!?

17 posts in this topic

So about ... now 3-4 hours ago... 

(*double checks*)

Do you think the site got DDOSed today or was it just server maintenance? 

Sometime around 6:00 am - 8:30 am Eastern Standard time, angyjoeshow.com website was down as shown by http://angryjoeshow.com.isdownorblocked.com and similar websites.  It of course back up now, but for a while there it was very very odd.

I hope the webmaster sees this thread and replies, but I do know that Google's Project Shield (link below) is showing an 6/10 volume on DOS attacks today, which is higher than yesterday.  Specifically internal to the US attacks.

digitalattackmap.com

xp0s0.jpg

P.S.  Honesty the map by Google Ideas makes more sense when its animated, but I understand why Joe might not want an embed on the site.

Edit: Also I am totally embarrased because I swap around the S and J in AJSA. I wish I could fix it >-<;;

Edited by Phonon

yeah It did happen that was weird and my brother said there are upgrading the website

bullshit

Upgrading the website?  This could explain it, but then what was changed? XD

Assumed it was server maintenance but I guess it could have been. No idea how to read the map and how it applies to the website. Is it hosted on the east coast or is there any significance to where the "bubbles" are going in/out of?

Phonon likes this

DDoS attacks last a good long while (I've experienced one more than once) if it was though, Joe has some serious DDoS protection on this site.

Phonon likes this

the sites been hard to get on a few days this week at some times, and if anyone was doing a ddos attack properly we wouldnt be here discussing it. Plus i doubt anyone with the ability would target joe when theres far better targets, cough n.korea cough ..

Phonon likes this

I was having a problem with adware earlier today, and was also having issues getting onto AJSA. I thought nothing of it, and after fixing the adware issue, I was able to get on again. Because of this, I figured it was because of the adware. Apparently not, though, considering others had this issue, too.

Phonon likes this

I reset my internet a few times in confusion. Good to know it didn't break.

Phonon likes this

They would have probably informed us if such a thing happened.

Last community I was a part of always did their best to keep it quiet about that kinda stuff with the normal members so you never know.

Phonon likes this

Assumed it was server maintenance but I guess it could have been. No idea how to read the map and how it applies to the website. Is it hosted on the east coast or is there any significance to where the "bubbles" are going in/out of?

Actually, yes there is alot of significance to the movement.   The digital attack map and Project Shield as a whole about protecting small websites against DDOS attacks and helping people in oppressive regimes including protecting free speech.   As google explains on its about page the map is "displaying global activity levels in observed attack traffic – it is collected anonymously, and does not include any identifying information about the attackers or victims involved in any particular attack".  This is because google doesn't want people in third world countries to get like shot for rebelling against oppressive regimes by trying to surf the internet.

Instead, google lists clusters of attacks by time and ports being used.  This is so users can know in nearly real time what DDOS cyberwarfare either by governments or corporations is occurring every day.  Moreover, it can help site users figure out if the DDOS was simple a scatter shot attempt or if they are specifically being targeted.  

Now for the signifcance of what the map is showing. The bubble is for the actually for whole US not just the east coast.  Indeed the movement itself is significant as it shows what country the IP being attacked is located and what hacked or bot computers are being used in the attack. You can highlight over a line to see specific information as I show in the picture.  Now each line is a different cluster of attacks that occurred on that specific day and the size of the line represents the total length of the DDOS attacks that occured.   The  the intensity of the attack is being updated in real time in bandwidth first and duration of the attack second.  The longer it has gone on for the bigger the line gets as more bandwidth is used.

8f9pHNY.jpg?1

In terms of circles represent country to country attacks.  Arches comming from space mean that the location of the attacker/hacked computer is unknown or the destination of the attack is unknown.  Literally the arches are like Low orbiting Ion cannon DDOS attacks being sent to and from space like ICBMs.  The map finally also shows countries involved in cyberwarfare with other countries such as the probably hacked computer in germany attacking china right now.  

So literally, I was pointing out with the picture that there alot more internal attacks earlier today, so if this was a completely random DDOS it would not be surprising.

the sites been hard to get on a few days this week at some times, and if anyone was doing a ddos attack properly we wouldnt be here discussing it. Plus i doubt anyone with the ability would target joe when theres far better targets, cough n.korea cough ..

Yes, however I wanted to double check with you guys before looking like a complete idiot.  What really tipped me off what the fact that I was not able to access the cached versions of the site at the time.  This and literally everyone attacks US servers daily for no apparent reason other than how big we are.  Just like "china" and "brazil" attack everyone or at least people engaging in cyber warfare what us to blame those countries.

Last community I was a part of always did their best to keep it quiet about that kinda stuff with the normal members so you never know.

Really!? Oh... umm.... maybe, I should have said anything then. XD

Edited by Phonon

Really!? Oh... umm.... maybe, I should have said anything then. XD

That was because he treated people like insects thinking they'd all panic if they found out that "they" got attacked. Nobody really like him so he was DDoSed on the daily.

Phonon likes this

That was because he treated people like insects thinking they'd all panic if they found out that "they" got attacked. Nobody really like him so he was DDoSed on the daily.

Lol, oh your heavily laced sacrasm.  Everyone should know by now that Joe just has alot of pet peeves with people picking on, ripping off, or scamming the little guy.  His hearts in the right place.  Thanks for blighting my thread. :)

Err...  I mean yeah, Joe totally picks on the moderator named Moobot way too much and works her like a slave driver whenever he streams. Poor Poor, Moobot.  :P

(If you don't know what moobot is, please click the link to get the joke).

Lol, oh your heavily laced sacrasm. Thanks for blighting my thread. :)

That wasn't sarcasm, it's the truth. "Treat others how you wish to be treated" guess he never learned that lesson (I'm speaking of the head of that other community i was apart of just for clarification)

That wasn't sarcasm, it's the truth. "Treat others how you wish to be treated" guess he never learned that lesson (I'm speaking of the head of that other community i was apart of just for clarification)

Oh lol XD

Oh lol XD

Yea i don't use sarcasm on people i don't know. I also don't use it on the forums (at least not yet (I'm not known enough for that)).