• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

TheShadowReaper

Anime fans is the AJSA? being a true Otaku.

72 posts in this topic

Hi there fellow AJSA members. i'm starting this thread to see if there are any Otakus around here and if you are as passionate as i am about them. any anime suggestions are welcome.

if you are on Minitokyo.net as i am, my username there is Ak1r0 if you want to see my watchlist and my ratings on them.

since i started the thread i'll suggest some anime to keep the thread going.

my suggestions:

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika, Sword Art Online, Accel World, D. Gray-Man, Akikan!, Ao no Exorcist, Black Rock Shooter (the TV series as well), Mirai Nikki, Shingeki no Kyojin, Naruto, One Piece, Bleach. (even though the last 3 are widely known who cares) :lol:

Hawko, Chubbles, Coldname and 1 other like this

Yeah, I love watching anime as well! But i generally don't like the big ones like One piece, Naruto, Fairy tail, sword art online and such cuz i find them boring and stale. 

But one series i can recommend is Kuroko no basket. It's a sports anime and i KNOW some people don't like sports animes cuz they are often terrible but this one really stands out. It's one of my favorite animes and season 2 is currently underway. I recommend everyone to atleast take a peek, being an anime fan or not :)

TheShadowReaper likes this

Ok, they aren't really that ''boring and stale'' But they feel a little drawn out if you know what i mean :) 

And i'm really passionate about my animes, because i often get super attached to certain characters easily :9

Naruto, SAO and especially fairy tail are amazing, at least for me. I recommend spice and wolf because it has an original concept revolving around economics. Of course on the subject of otaku I am a fan of the bullet hell shooter Touhou Project.

Is otaku really the word you should be using? xD Guess most people think it means anime fan, it means you are so obsessive over something you don't leave your home because you would rather do that.

TheShadowReaper and DemonsColt like this

I've watched too many anime to make any recommendations. My top 10 is constantly being redone with only the top 4 being constant, those being:

1. Claymore
  2. SAO
  3. Accel World (SAO and AW are actually tied for 2nd in my list as I still cannot decide which one I like more)
  4. Guilty Crown

Other than that, there have been at least two huge threads about anime, so, while tad bit annoying to search for them, you really should. You can find a lot of great suggestions and anime in general over there.

I watched some anime but not like a huge fan I watch naruto shippuden, watched a couplae of one piece episodes and I'm currently watching kill la kill episode 2

Personally, I found Fairy Tail to have a great start, but started to really drop in quality into the end. Its the same thing that happened to Bleach too, except it ran for much longer than Fairy Tail.

Well, I do watch a lot of anime, probably watched over 70 series, but I'm not keeping track of exact numbers. I really love the anime with deep story-lines, but I also favor extremely well-choreographed fight scenes. Basically, if an anime excels at what its trying to be, I'm going to give it a good rating.

Here's a few anime that were entertaining to watch :

- Hajime No Ippo (Boxing anime, animated by MadHouse, you know its going to look gorgeous)

-Great Teacher Onizuka *GTO (Hilarious anime, the story keeps you watching, I wish this guy was my teacher)

-Fate/ Zero (Interesting story, beautiful fight scenes, and very dark)

Do I consider myself an Otaku? Eh. Eh. I'd say a classy and refined anime nerd (since... Otaku isn't something to be proud of). But not a Kotaku... lol.

Not a fan of SAO, at all. I enjoy Accel World, though.

And it grinds my gears when people say Shingeki No Kyojin... and Not Attack on Titan.

I never liked One Piece.

I stopped watching Naruto when it became DBZ in the sense it never ends. Same with Bleach. Same with Fairy Tail (although I love the crap out of Fairy Tail).

Asides from my typical recs (Trigun, Gungrave, Cowboy Bebop): Should watch Mnemosyne and Berserk. Pretty mature animes. Not safe for work. Especially Mnemosyne. And Deadman Wonderland, along with Gun X Sword. Holy shit, I can't believe I've forgotten about Gun X Sword in my recs before. Great mecha anime.

There's also Riding Bean. I honestly can't say I've seen anything like it. Should also watch Akira. Excellent anime, too bad not not enough people know about it though (even though it's like the James Cameron's Avatar of anime).

If those are too serious, there's also Good Luck Girl, Rosario Vampire, Kampfer, Heaven's Lost Property, and My Bride is a Mermaid.

And some taboo

It's taboo even among true otakus. You sure?

Positive?

Really advise you don't.

I really do.

Come on, let it go.

Stop it.

Seriously want to know?

I dunno...

Alright, you're the one who wants to ruin anime for yourself...

Are you absolutely sure? Press Spoiler for yes.

Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend

@SolOmega:

Pfffft....really? That one in the spoiler tags?

Clearly if you want to ruin anime (and life) for someone in general, there is only one reccomendation:

abandon all hope, ye who click further!

man+you+are+sick+i+thought+boku+no+pico+

TaintedBushido likes this

@SolOmega:

Pfffft....really? That one in the spoiler tags?

Clearly if you want to ruin anime (and life) for someone in general, there is only one reccomendation:

abandon all hope, ye who click further!

man+you+are+sick+i+thought+boku+no+pico+

what?

I don't even.....

Do people actually watch this?

:huh:

Usually prefer to read the manga than watch an Anime, however I've watched my fair share, a friend of mine used to tell about all these series I should watch, let's say the fan service levels were over 9000.

Is otaku really the word you should be using? xD Guess most people think it means anime fan, it means you are so obsessive over something you don't leave your home because you would rather do that.

yep exactly. an Otaku. i'm obsessed with anime and that makes me an Otaku for sure. and yes it doesnt mean "anime fan". its supposed to be a word to describe and ridicule us weirdos who watch anime with passion. personally i have embrased the word and its meaning to define myself. hope you dont mind. :)

Yeah, I love watching anime as well! But i generally don't like the big ones like One piece, Naruto, Fairy tail, sword art online and such cuz i find them boring and stale. 

But one series i can recommend is Kuroko no basket. It's a sports anime and i KNOW some people don't like sports animes cuz they are often terrible but this one really stands out. It's one of my favorite animes and season 2 is currently underway. I recommend everyone to atleast take a peek, being an anime fan or not :)

I totally agre with you big animes go overboard and get confuse i like the smaller animes because the story goes faster and its easier to understand.

And my top 3 animes:

1-sakurasou no pet no kanojo.(se more than the 2 first episodes).

2-air gear.

3-date a live

I'm not huge a fan of anime but there is a few I like. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood by far is my favorite I watched that from beginner to end so many time. The new one made by Roosterteeth "RWBY" is really really good. Also I dont know if the Avatar Last Airbender and Legend of Korra are considered by anime then they would be up there with FMA maybe even my all time favorites of all shows.

Claudio and ExtraChrispy like this

Is otaku really the word you should be using? xD Guess most people think it means anime fan, it means you are so obsessive over something you don't leave your home because you would rather do that

You paint the word in such a dark color. Otaku is a dedicated nerd in simple wording. Sure some of them are rather extreme but there is some really awesome otakus out there.

Yes i am in love with anime, like the artstyle and the way the make stories. I enjoy slice of life shows and some action animes for the variety. The best animes you can find is those you will remember for the rest of your life, like anohana. Makes me cry everytime.

Also anime movies are just stunning, go watch wolf children ame and yuki. 

what?

I don't even.....

Do people actually watch this?

:huh:

You googled it, didnt' you?

1366261704387.png

tumblr_lzmiv9MmSc1qf50w0.gif

Usually prefer to read the manga than watch an Anime, however I've watched my fair share, a friend of mine used to tell about all these series I should watch, let's say the fan service levels were over 9000.

Manga is an awesome thing! i watch some myself, may i dare ask the name of these shows?:)

Vintson likes this

You googled it, didnt' you?

1366261704387.png

tumblr_lzmiv9MmSc1qf50w0.gif

I did, and watched the first five minutes of an episode.......

I think I'm gonna have to get off the internet for a while....

I need to rethink my life.

A manga that was better than the anime is Rave Master. You guys should read it (since the guy that did Fairy Tail did this first. Ploo is in it).

Dogs is a good manga too.

BiOmega is too, but... it's weird. Like... REALLY weird.

Claudio likes this

The only series I was able to watch anime is one piece really, I stopped watching Naruto because I notice there they adding way too much flashbacks, fillers and other stuff that takes in about half of the whole episode in comparison to the manga is much quicker and makes more sense so reading Naruto from the manga is a lot better than watching.

One piece I prefer to watch since I think it looks way better than the manga and best part, not a lot of fillers, less flashbacks and I like to get an idea of how the sub voices sound like. But the dubbed voices in one piece just sound ew.

Commander Shepard likes this

I will say one I really identified with the character was Code Geass, Lelouch just spoke to me as a person which is odd. Not sure what that says about me.

Sol Omega likes this