• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

japerwaulk

Mighty no.9 and Dina Disaster

48 posts in this topic

I know most of you guys pledged to Inafune sensei's Mighty no.9 but i just saw this video on youtube an issue about the new comunity manager and art designer being unprofessional and some say feminist making people worried about the project. I want to know your thoughts about this specially Joe. I am a number 1 megaman fan and he is my childhood hero and I also want a true succesor to the series in which Capcom failed.

I think people are over reacting muppets.

She made a few comments trying to spark up conversation and, shockingly, people took it far too seriously and we have "feminist uproar" mark 2.

"Oh noes, a feminist, SHE WILL RUIN GAMING" 

Some folk just need to have their computers taken away from them until they can have their heads surgically removed from their arses.

She's not a developer she has nothing to do with the game design she's just the community manager. Hired to deal with tools on a daily basis. All her job entails is acting as a go between for the gobshites on the forum and the devs.

NOTHING MORE.

Divergence likes this

You will forgive me if I just can't bring myself to give a toss.

Woman works at company, has feminist views, draws robots and puts up with gobby tossers on a daily basis.

Yep, the world of gaming is crumbling down around us.

If she manages to get her evil way and all the robots are female and beating all the male robots into submission while informing us all about the pro's of equal rights THEN i'll understand the uproar.

A feminist working in the gaming industry does not mean all games are going to become feminist playgrounds.

Hyperbole at it's finest.

She Lied and thinks of men as an eternal enemy , shuves her feminist opinions on our throats and plans on giving beck a sex change so to be more precise she's fema natzi

Ysnar likes this

she went Way past lieing and that guy is Right there are MANY better Fan Made girl and Boy not that it should matter at this point i just want a bloody fucking decent Game Add to the fact that she Runs the Froums that the  Fan ideas have to go thu and she is the go Between well it leaves little to be desired

@Gomly you did not even watch the video did you?

I did, i'm just not the kind of person that rages over things.

If shit goes bad then i'll understand but a lass talking about her views and what she'd like to see isn't enough to make me want to bring out my angry keyboard and go to town.

I did, i'm just not the kind of person that rages over things.

If shit goes bad then i'll understand but a lass talking about her views and what she'd like to see isn't enough to make me want to bring out my angry keyboard and go to town.

just feel bad for everyone who drop more then 10$ on it

Also just a Really Fast Video on it

Why would I feel bad for them?

So far nothing in the game has changed in a "feminist" direction so there is nothing for me to take pity on.

Like I said, if things change and it all goes horribly wrong THEN I will feel bad for them. 

She Lied and thinks of men as an eternal enemy , shuves her feminist opinions on our throats and plans on giving beck a sex change so to be more precise she's fema natzi

Right...

Look i think feminists are annoying too, at least people whom call themselves feminists. However i can understand that in the game industry it can be hard to be a woman and constantly be subjected to sexism within the games you help develop.

Women are underrepresented in games. When was there a female squad member in COD or Battlefield? Never, they are only pilots in a helicopter now and then.  Even in Mass Effect you can see that more time has been put in the lesbian and straight relationships and cutscenes then the gay ones. (Bioware does try to include them, but it simply does show). Oftenly in shooters women are just setpieces, for example in Metro Last Light, the only woman in the game is pretty much set up for a nipple slip. 

Even character models in games especially RPG's all female characters have d-cups and are practically nude. 

Now i am far from a prude, really. But we all need and can acknowledge that the game industry is still a pretty sexist industry and understandibly people can get tired off it. I sometimes get tired of it myself. Previously mentioned Metro Last Light had that sex scene which made my eyes roll. She doesn't even like the guy and no connection between the characters has been established. It is pretty much, thanks for saving me... Wanna have sex? This is a big problem in games. Not only the sexualisation but the lack of female characters whom are actually realistic. 

XxDex-starrxX likes this

Why would I feel bad for them?

So far nothing in the game has changed in a "feminist" direction so there is nothing for me to take pity on.

Like I said, if things change and it all goes horribly wrong THEN I will feel bad for them. 

Yea you should see some of this Btw this news is a Week old so far she has come around and Talked to every one but its still really not got any better and from what she has done other then that nothing new to report other then her Trying to calm the masses. 

However from what i can Gather the main Freak out is just how much she has lied not the fact that she wants a Female Megaman and there are some extra stuff too why all this faking clearly she nows people in the company why did she post on the Forum etc

Edit @TitanT2 well i agree with you it should be noted that there are Strong women MC too play mass effect as a girl, sheperd as a chick is about as strong as you can see, or Resident Evil many of the women are portrait as very strong people oh MGS too

The biggest non issue I have ever seen. Slowbeef sums up my attitude about the entire tantrum.

Sigma081 likes this

If she manages to get her evil way and all the robots are female and beating all the male robots into submission.

But isn't that woman supremacist?

Even character models in games especially RPG's all female characters have d-cups and are practically nude. 

I hate this.

Though, it is more of a challenge to design a woman that is obviously feminine without going the whole "Look! Boobs!" route.

I'm having this problem with one of my characters right now. It's all in the face. Has to be the right shape.

Her "feminism" probably won't affect the game.

It shouldn't. Something has gone horribly wrong if it does.

Same with racists too. They shouldn't force their views into a game.

Her "feminism" probably won't affect the game.

to be Truthful i don't care if Megaman becomes MegaGirl there are some parts in the REALLY old ones that megaman gets a Bust Because he need more Power for his Saber Mode Lolz anyway hes a goddam robot they explained a long time ago that HE is only a HE because thats how you see him and Many Fans Draw him in his Retro Saber mode were he need a Big bust.  

Now the Problem with this is she is in a spot to Force a Female MM were it should come down to Commutiy vote or Dev choice becuse honestly who dos not want to See a GOOD MM GAME FOR once

Look guys it's really important this ripoff of Megaman remain a MegaMan because

But isn't that woman supremacist?

Look at what some people are reacting like to this.

You would think it was woman d-day .... we're all doomed.

I mean, a robot might become female.

A fembot.

Think of the horror .... THINK OF THE HORROR.

Look guys it's really important this ripoff of Megaman remain a MegaMan because

Because what?

Look at what some people are reacting like to this.

You would think it was woman d-day .... we're all doomed.

I mean, a robot might become female.

A fembot.

Think of the horror .... THINK OF THE HORROR.

Machine gun jubblies!

Machine gun jubblies!

I'd play it just for that.

Nipple spray of doom needs to be done.

I'd play it just for that.

Nipple spray of doom needs to be done.

Sure there is at least one Fan Art on it

Cosmetic changes don't matter a single flopping feminist. The fact that you threw money to a product which isn't even ready, should make you understand that you don't know what kind of game the final product will be. I'm fine if Beck would be a female character (and if I'm correct, Beck is a feminine name) or male character, as long as it doesn't affect the gameplay in any way. I'm fine if you could change between female and male versions, and they could have some differences (special skills or something like that). Only thing I'm disappointed, is the fact that she has hardly played Megaman games. Why would you hire someone who don't have interest nor experience with the project she's working with. I bet there would have been more qualified people out there, but I guess it doesn't really matter anymore.

Just because someone is feminist, communist, capitalist or whatever they now are, that's not enough to justify the hating towards her, when there is no evidence on her ideologies affecting the game. I wouldn't see it as a negative thing if you would be able to choose Beck's gender.

Let's go over a few things here:

If you think that Dina has ANY sort of input on the overall game considering she's just a Community Manager and works with the art team on minor enemies - that speaks very poorly of your intelligence.

If you think that the great Inafune would let his dream project be corrupted by a single feminist and have it turned into MIghty Girl No. 9: The Man Slayer Chronicles - that speaks very poorly of your intelligence.

If you would stop supporting a game or refuse to buy a game because there is a person on the dev team that has a religious, political or social ideology that you oppose - that speaks very poorly of your intelligence.

If you're a guy and you think that a small fringe movement like feminism some how threatens your masculinity - that speaks very poorly of your self-esteem and self-confidence.

That being said, I will once again post the religious disclaimer found at the beginning of Assassin's Creed games because everyone flipping the fuck out over Dina are really no better than the religious nut jobs that freaked out over Assassin's Creed. Actually, this is worse since MN9 hasn't even been made yet and the claims of her turning it into some sort of feminist social justice game are complete bullshit.

"“This work of fiction was designed, developed, and produced by a multicultural team of various faiths and beliefs.” - the Assassin's Creed dev team.

Not everyone on dev teams share the same religious, political and social ideologies as you. Get over it.

Gone, pureimagination and 2and900 like this

Let's go over a few things here:

If you think that Dina has ANY sort of input on the overall game considering she's just a Community Manager and works with the art team on minor enemies - that speaks very poorly of your intelligence.

If you think that the great Inafune would let his dream project be corrupted by a single feminist and have it turned into MIghty Girl No. 9: The Man Slayer Chronicles - that speaks very poorly of your intelligence.

If you would stop supporting a game or refuse to buy a game because there is a person on the dev team that has a religious, political or social ideology that you oppose - that speaks very poorly of your intelligence.

If you're a guy and you think that a small fringe movement like feminism some how threatens your masculinity - that speaks very poorly of your self-esteem and self-confidence.

That being said, I will once again post the religious disclaimer found at the beginning of Assassin's Creed games because everyone flipping the fuck out over Dina are really no better than the religious nut jobs that freaked out over Assassin's Creed. Actually, this is worse since MN9 hasn't even been made yet and the claims of her turning it into some sort of feminist social justice game are complete bullshit.

"“This work of fiction was designed, developed, and produced by a multicultural team of various faiths and beliefs.” - the Assassin's Creed dev team.

Not everyone on dev teams share the same religious, political and social ideologies as you. Get over it.

Nice post, although I would say that the only place feminism is considered a 'fringe movement' is in the video game world.