• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlackZio

Couch Co-Op/Multiplayer games?

9 posts in this topic

Soo, my brother just got a ps4

so far he bought fifa 14, call of duty ghosts (because it has splitscreen) and i bought killzone mostly to really check out the system.

But it seems like very few games have multiplayer that isnt online. Ghosts only has 2 player splitscreen and no story co-op, and killzone doesnt seem to have it at all. 

any tips on games that i can play with a good coop or offline multiplayer? i already played a bit much of trine 2 to repurchase it, the same with injustice. 

As far as PS4 goes, I wouldn't really know any. Last gen had a good couple of couch co-op games like Borderlands 2 and Army of Two. Not to mention PSN games like Guacamelee and Scott Pilgrim.

Unfortunately it seems that couch co-op is a dying breed. I like playing online with my friends, but sometimes having a friend or two come over to play a game is awesome too.

As far as PS4 goes, I wouldn't really know any. Last gen had a good couple of couch co-op games like Borderlands 2 and Army of Two. Not to mention PSN games like Guacamelee and Scott Pilgrim.

Unfortunately it seems that couch co-op is a dying breed. I like playing online with my friends, but sometimes having a friend or two come over to play a game is awesome too.

nice to know guacamelee has it, i got it on the plus but haven't touched it so far. 

but yea, im hoping for either portal 3 or l4d3 this year, it would be great if they launched on the ps4 with offline coop. 

and the other problem is that i live in brazil, so is so very hard to find another living soul with a ps4, none of my friends are going to buy it soon i guess, so that makes online a bit difficult. 

Yeah Guacamelee is a fun game for sure. I'm a wrestling fan, I've always been a bit interested in the mythology behind Lucha Libre. I haven't had the chance to play it co-op with anyone, but I can vouch for the game itself.

I dunno any other games besides downloadable titles that have couch co-op on them. Though maybe that'll be where you'll find couch co-op games from now on. Mainstream games wanna appeal to either singleplayer or online multiplayer nowadays, only indie developers really focus on "retro" concepts like couch co-op.

Diablo III have 4 player co-op. It'll be released for PS4 sometime in 2014, along with Reaper of Souls, I hope.

Like I posted in a previous tiopic;

Local play pretty much died with seventh gen. Need for Speed is pretty much the eighth gen version of Burnout Paradise, a one player, open world, racer. Microsoft, Sony as well as publishers don't want local multiplayer. Why sell just one console and one copy of a game for four people to play on when you coulds sell four consoles and four copies of the game, right?

This is easily my biggest gripe about modern gaming. Online is cool and everything, but it was never meant to replace local multiplayer like it does today. Games like Need for Speed, Burnout and I'd even say shooters like COD should always have both a local play mode and an option to play online. If they don't, it's a con.

The only area's of modern gaming where local mutiplayer is still alive is on sports games and fighters and that's why I think these genres are so important, but I would't exactly be shocked if even that ended someday.

At least I still have my N64. THAT was multiplayer the way it should be

I hate that, but there's nothing we can do about it. To get decent local/couch multiplayer or co-op, you need an older system, as well as friends who aren't so whored out graphics that they'd be willing to play those games. There will be littering of games that have it on eighth gen, but companies make way more money online, so that's sadly they way it's likely to for most games.

I've seen a few X Box fanboys boasting that you can hook up eight controllers at once. Why? Is there actually gonna be game that uses that? I'll make a genuine bet with anyone that that will never happen.

Mmm there is also Knack and Trine 2

I don't know about Trine 2, but Knack has one of the worst tacked on co-op plays I've ever seen. Trust me, it's terrible.

Knack, Trine 2, Lego Marvel Super Heroes. Tiny Brains.

That's pretty much it. There might be one or two more that I can't think of.

Rayman Legends when it comes out...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0