• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

Joe's recent Fighter Within gameplay footage. I'm laughing really hard right now.

31 posts in this topic

I can't type bcos im too busy laughing. You just have to see it.

The new improved kinect they said.

no delay they claimed :(

Give it time. They fucked up now, they can fix it!....... Hopefully.............. :/

I watched the full stream yesterday. I think I spent at least an hour laughing. At the end the game was just pissing everyone off, even though we weren't even playing the damn game. We felt Joe's and Other Joe's pain. It was all fun and games until we found out there were only done 16 out of 21 fights and the last one was cheap as hell. 

I nearly died laughing :D that game is fucked

My humble opinion...Microsoft can't fix this monstrosity of a device. It was supposed to be "new and improved" straight out of the box and like 300% better than Kinect 1.0 or whatever number they made up. They tried to sell this new motion control as ground-breaking technology and it ends up the laughing stock of the gaming world. If Kinect 2.0 gets improved at all, it won't be until years down the road based off the start it has. They make it look like they have no idea what they are doing with this thing.

At least when the Wii first came out everything worked, even though the games that required the pointer were stale (Red Steel). But my point is Nintendo got what they wanted out of the first motion control type of gaming. Microsoft is just reaching for what they can't grab and they are just cashing in on their false advertisement of this awesome Kinect 2.0 where not even the voice commands work unless in the dashboard.

My humble opinion...Microsoft can't fix this monstrosity of a device. It was supposed to be "new and improved" straight out of the box and like 300% better than Kinect 1.0 or whatever number they made up. They tried to sell this new motion control as ground-breaking technology and it ends up the laughing stock of the gaming world. If Kinect 2.0 gets improved at all, it won't be until years down the road based off the start it has. They make it look like they have no idea what they are doing with this thing.

At least when the Wii first came out everything worked, even though the games that required the pointer were stale (Red Steel). But my point is Nintendo got what they wanted out of the first motion control type of gaming. Microsoft is just reaching for what they can't grab and they are just cashing in on their false advertisement of this awesome Kinect 2.0 where not even the voice commands work unless in the dashboard.

i think it developers just aren't using it to full potential

as for the game its atrocious  

Kaz32 and CQR Myles like this

To be fair Microsoft isn't using it to full potential either, videos of navigating with your hand are infamous.

Checks on current Metacritic score...

And from 33 reviews...  Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a game from a so-called AAA dev get thrashed like that.

Well there are some kinect games that can be awesome when they're done right, like Star Wars Kinect and Steel Batallion. Problem is, they require very precise maneuvers and most of the time it flips out. Why not do it like PS4 where you can use the PS controller and let it get scanned? Like in Star Wars you have to get a toy lightsaber so that the kinect will detect the lightsaber first before playing the game. Or have Steel Batallion use a mock peripheral that you can use so it's like the previous steel Batallion with all the gadgets that you can ticker with.

Wait.. If that's the case, I don't think Kinect is needed at all.

"Improved" Kinect. Well, even tough the game is crap, the video is realy funny. GJ JOE

Judging the Kinect with this game is like using Ride To Hell: Retribution to judge how good a console is

Platina32 and Kaz32 like this

Judging the Kinect with this game is like using Ride To Hell: Retribution to judge how good a console is

That's such a perfect way to describe this whole situation.

The new improved kinect they said.

no delay they claimed :(

This has nothing to do with the Kinect, in all testing of the Kinect movement tracking is nearly 1:1, this is just poor development and implementation of the game surrounding it.

That sentence doesn't make any sense. The fact that RtH didn't have that many problems on technical standpoint, while this game's biggest problem is on the technical part. You can't say how bad the console is by the game, but when something like Kinect is the main part of the game, you can partially judge it by that game. It's hard to say on who's side the problem is, Kinect's or developer's. The game was 3rd party game, so I only assume that the developer didn't know how to program games for Kinect.

We can't still say if Kinect is the main reason or the game. We just have to wait for other Kinect games and then we can judge it.

Rain likes this

That sentence doesn't make any sense. The fact that RtH didn't have that many problems on technical standpoint, while this game's biggest problem is on the technical part. You can't say how bad the console is by the game, but when something like Kinect is the main part of the game, you can partially judge it by that game. It's hard to say on who's side the problem is, Kinect's or developer's. The game was 3rd party game, so I only assume that the developer didn't know how to program games for Kinect.

We can't still say if Kinect is the main reason or the game. We just have to wait for other Kinect games and then we can judge it.

I believe he means imagine if Ride to Hell is the opening lineups for a game console. It'll make the console look horrible. Same goes with Fighter Within, except it is the opening lineup and it's making kinect look horrible.

I believe he means imagine if Ride to Hell is the opening lineups for a game console. It'll make the console look horrible. Same goes with Fighter Within, except it is the opening lineup and it's making kinect look horrible.

The fact is that usually launch games are worse than games from the mid to end part of the console's life. The developers haven't yet understood how to develop for the console properly. It's true that Fighter Within makes Kinect and X1 look bad, but at the same time we could criticize Microsoft on how they don't have quality control, or how they let this developer to make this game. E: Seems like the original information was incorrect, and the developer seems to be completely new studio that has people from the development team that created Outcast.

Did PS4 get loads of good response on the launch lineup? No. Especially Knack, which was the game that Sony wanted everyone to hype, but it ended up being to mediocre and below. How about Shadowfall and X1's Ryse? None of those games were great, but there are still people around who bought both of those consoles. People don't buy consoles because of that one certain game on Kinect was bad, but rather because that one series is only on X1 or on PS4.

It's true that Fighter Within is making Kinect look bad, but I never really thought that someone would buy X1 just because of the Kinect. I can understand that it will lower some of the sales if there will never be any good games for it. Kinect have always had bad reputation and I don't think that Fighter Within have made it so much worse, so Microsoft should have invested more in developing Kinect games to X1. It's too early to give the verdict of Kinect, but the start seems to be bumpy.

The fact is that usually launch games are worse than games from the mid to end part of the console's life. The developers haven't yet understood how to develop for the console properly. It's true that Fighter Within makes Kinect and X1 look bad, but at the same time we could criticize Microsoft on how they don't have quality control, or how they let this developer to make this game. All of the information from this developer I found was that they are some kind of mobile app developer, so I don't know how qualified they were to make this game.

Did PS4 get loads of good response on the launch lineup? No. Especially Knack, which was like the game that Sony wanted everyone to hype, but it ended up to mediocre and below. How about Shadowfall and X1's Ryse? None of those games were great, but there are still people around who bought both of those consoles. People don't buy consoles because of that one certain game on Kinect was bad, but rather because that one series is only on X1 or on PS4.

It's true that Fighter Within is making Kinect look bad, but I never really thought that someone would buy X1 just because of the Kinect. I can understand that it will lower some of the sales if there will never be any good games for it. Kinect have always had bad reputation and I don't think that Fighter Within have made it so much worse, so Microsoft should have invested more in developing Kinect games to X1. It's too early to give the verdict of Kinect, but the start seems to be bumpy.

In other words, they fucked up. PS4 has a weak launch lineup, but at least it doesn't have a game as terrible as Fighter Within to bring it down.

Personally, I thought Knack's a pretty good old school game. It reminds me of Crash Bandicoot, and the game's quite fun to play with a great Pixar movie graphic. Just need to know to dodge often because Knack is like glass Joe. Doesn't deserve to be bought full price though, it's more like a $30 game. The game that's worth buying a console for is Forza 5 and Dead Rising 3 for Xbox One. Those 2 are awesome.

Let's see how the future will bring for Kinect. I think it can work, but only if there is a game that uses it's full capability except Dance Central.

How does something like that leg glitch even happen? It was funny to see but its so screwed up.

How does something like that leg glitch even happen? It was funny to see but its so screwed up.

I have no idea. Funny as hell though.

Give it time. They fucked up now, they can fix it!....... Hopefully.............. :/

Kaz they had since Kinect 1 to fix this

Kaz they had since Kinect 1 to fix this

Well wishful thinking is always good. I like expectations to be broken. One day it might happen when Kinect actually works. Just don't know when that is.

Well wishful thinking is always good. I like expectations to be broken. One day it might happen when Kinect actually works. Just don't know when that is.

Maybe they should put it through more years of development first then release it cause this aint helping Microsoft prove that the Xbox One is worth paying an extra hundred dollars over the PS4 and Wii U

Rain likes this