• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

C.A.M. inc.

What is your favorite weapon manufacturer in the Borderlands series?

What is your favorite weapon manufacturer in the Borderlands series?   25 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite weapon manufacturer in the Borderlands series?

• Atlas
    • Bandit
    • Dahl
    • Eridians
    • Gearbox
    • Hyperion
    • Jakobs
    • Maliwan
    • S&S Munitions
    • Tediore
    • Torgue
    • Vladof

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 posts in this topic

I always go with Dahl, good fast and makes it easy to head shot mostly when you get the big DPS rifles.

But Atlas was pretty good in the first borderlands, I didn't like most of the guns in the 2nd borderlands that much.

I like Maliwan guns because of their design and for the elemental damage since I run around as a siren mostly. Except maliwan pistols because they shoot more than one bullet at a time and I feel like they just waste my ammo.

I liked S&S in the first borderland and in the second Jacob was my favorite cause of the revolvers

You do know that Bandit and S&S are essentially the same, right?

I do like the old west aesthetic of Jakobs.

I liked DAHL in Borderlands and Jakobs in Borderlands 2.

I hated Tediore in Borderlands 2.

The ones that go bang on reload.

No idea what manufacturer, that requires me paying attention.

All I know is that when I reload them, it throws an explody type thingy.

Narrlocke likes this

The ones that go bang on reload.

No idea what manufacturer, that requires me paying attention.

All I know is that when I reload them, it throws an explody type thingy.

That's Tediore I think. The guns are so inexpensive that it's cheaper just to digistruct a new one rather than reload an old one.

Fast reload times and they do more explosion damage the more remaining ammo you have, but you lose that ammo too.

I actually liked Tediore. I had this awesome corrosive shotgun that gave this acidic explosion every time I reloaded.

Gone likes this

That's Tediore I think. The guns are so inexpensive that it's cheaper just to digistruct a new one rather than reload an old one.

Fast reload times and they do more explosion damage the more remaining ammo you have, but you lose that ammo too.

I actually liked Tediore. I had this awesome corrosive shotgun that gave this acidic explosion every time I reloaded.

Ahhh, so that's what they are.

Thankyou Aquila.

I think this should sum it up:

"DID YOU KNOW THAT NINETY-SEVEN PERCENT OF ALL LIVING THINGS ON PANDORA AREN'T EXPLODING RIGHT NOW? THAT'S BULLSH*T, BUY TORGUE!"

Overall, though, I prefer Jakobs. Can't hate a high-powered sniper rifle with a wood finish in my book.

Narrlocke likes this

In Borderlands 2 Tediore was my favorite since submachine guns are really good for Gaige. The only issue I have is that Vladof machine pistols offer higher DPS, which is odd since you'd think a sub machine gun would do more damage. But submachine guns look cooler so I went with Tediore.

Vladof does have the coolest catch phrase though - "Vladof: You don't need to be a better shot, you just need to shoot more bullets!"

I think this should sum it up:

"DID YOU KNOW THAT NINETY-SEVEN PERCENT OF ALL LIVING THINGS ON PANDORA AREN'T EXPLODING RIGHT NOW? THAT'S BULLSH*T, BUY TORGUE!"

Overall, though, I prefer Jakobs. Can't hate a high-powered sniper rifle with a wood finish in my book.

Explosion NOISE!! Jakobs is so kickass I don't like that revolvers use the same ammo now though :(

Maliwan for it's elemental effects or Jakobs for being just plain badass.

I pretty much used whatever felt good to shoot never stuck with one brand over another.

Bandit or Tediore.

Bandit for the DakkaDakkaDakkaDakkaDakkaDakkaDakkaDakkaDakkaDakkaDakkaDakkaDakkaDakkaDakkaDakka.

Tediore for the "free grenades".

Jakobs.

I like a gun with "oomph" behind it.

I can't pick a favorite because I have to constantly switch weapons, although the preferred weapon I have to pick is any of the one with high damage and an iron sight that's easy to use. It's like every weapon is obsolete after you find the other ones that are far more powerful and none of them is special.

The guns selection of this game is like as if the developers of the game writes down a weapon type along with 100 duplicates of that same weapon type with slight variety in each one, mix it up with 100 more duplicates of the 12 weapons manufacturer names, put them into a barrel of a shotgun, and then shot it at a wall. And after that they go "alright, connect the dots whichever way you want."

I can't pick a favorite because I have to constantly switch weapons, although the preferred weapon I have to pick is any of the one with high damage and an iron sight that's easy to use. It's like every weapon is obsolete after you find the other ones that are far more powerful and none of them is special.

The guns selection of this game is like as if the developers of the game writes down a weapon type along with 100 duplicates of that same weapon type with slight variety in each one, mix it up with 100 more duplicates of the 12 weapons manufacturer, put them into a barrel of a shotgun, and then shot it at a wall. And after that they go "alright, connect the dots whichever way you want."

Yeah, that's a selling point. I think it's actually on the back of the box.

Oddly enough, in Borderlands 2, I liked the Bandit weapons. Not for the huge magazines, but because they didn't have some stupid gimmick to the gun, it was just an all-rounder.

Also Maliwan everything except pistols, because elemental OP needs nerf.

Yeah, that's a selling point. I think it's actually on the back of the box.

It is, and it's every Diablo's fans dream come true. Kind of unfortunate though because none of the weapons stick in your head as "aw yeah, this is my personal loadout" that you will bring into combat every time like in other fps games. Still the game's fun to play and that's what's important. It's unfortunate that people now are going to remember mostly about Aliens Colonial Marines instead of this game.