• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Jenssons

is this better?

31 posts in this topic

so i have been working on a new trailer for my channel and i would like some feed back on my preview 

its not done

#3preview

old

i got some feedback on http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/11197-dose-this-work/ so what i did is

1. use more clips
  2. made the video longer
  3. i got the spelling of description right
  4. added a border around the Subscribe button
  5. i took out the bit about my lisp
  6. added backgrounds

so guys can i ask 

• what you think of my channel trailer
  • dose it make you want to watch my videos
  • and is my new one better than the last

#2 new

#1 old

thanks for reading and watching :3 

i like it, keep it up. :)

Well first off brother, you might wanna post this stuff in your other thread, no need to make a new thread every time you update a video. That'll also make it easier to compile the feedback you're getting. You could ask a mod to merge your threads, which is what i would recommend you do.

Moving on; The videos are fine, if a bit long for my taste. It might not actually be a length issue, but the clips you select to showcase each segment, needs to be short and on point, while being fun and enticing. The ones you have now are fine, but you can always dig a little deeper for that 1 clip that was just that much better. It's a science to be entertaining, and It's damn near impossible to be fun, active, on point all the time, so in your trailers you need to showcase you,  and your channel at It's very best.

And you might want to fiddle with the fonts and color schemes. In my opinion, red/black is a great combo if you're cosplaying as a vampire, not so much for an inviting trailer, so If you're not committed to that combo you could experiment a little. And on the first clip you showed, you had some black on black text and color, which it impossible to see what was written, this was also somewhat noticeable for the Minecraft segment, so you just gotta double check that everything you write is easily readable.

Other than that, you seem to have a solid concept, now you just need to fine tune it.

Well first off brother, you might wanna post this stuff in your other thread, no need to make a new thread every time you update a video. That'll also make it easier to compile the feedback you're getting. You could ask a mod to merge your threads, which is what i would recommend you do.

Moving on; The videos are fine, if a bit long for my taste. It might not actually be a length issue, but the clips you select to showcase each segment, needs to be short and on point, while being fun and enticing. The ones you have now are fine, but you can always dig a little deeper for that 1 clip that was just that much better. It's a science to be entertaining, and It's damn near impossible to be fun, active, on point all the time, so in your trailers you need to showcase you,  and your channel at It's very best.

And you might want to fiddle with the fonts and color schemes. In my opinion, red/black is a great combo if you're cosplaying as a vampire, not so much for an inviting trailer, so If you're not committed to that combo you could experiment a little. And on the first clip you showed, you had some black on black text and color, which it impossible to see what was written, this was also somewhat noticeable for the Minecraft segment, so you just gotta double check that everything you write is easily readable.

Other than that, you seem to have a solid concept, now you just need to fine tune it.

alot of my feedback said make it longer 

i like it, keep it up. :)

:3 thank you

alot of my feedback said make it longer 

Could just be me, all we say is more or less subjective, so take it all with a grain of salt.

But regarding what i said about your clips, this trailer here i think is a good example of showcasing what you're about, fast and on point:

Short, intense clips that arouse peoples interest and curiosity. That's how I'd like a trailer presented to me at least, something that gets me curious and excited.

Could just be me, all we say is more or less subjective, so take it all with a grain of salt.

But regarding what i said about your clips, this trailer here i think is a good example of showcasing what you're about, fast and on point:

Short, intense clips that arouse peoples interest and curiosity. That's how I'd like a trailer presented to me at least, something that gets me curious and excited

tbh to me that trailer works more for the cartoons than a gaming channel but i get your point

tbh to me that trailer works more for the cartoons than a gaming channel but i get your point

That's good, that's the right way to take criticism; listen to it, but keep your own ideas in mind.

What i wanted to convey with that trailer was, try making the clips you show us of your gameplay, like those cartoons, short, intense and fun to the best of your ability, you know really showcase your best sides to the people.

That's good, that's the right way to take criticism; listen to it, but keep your own ideas in mind.

What i wanted to convey with that trailer was, try making the clips you show us of your gameplay, like those cartoons, short, intense and fun to the best of your ability, you know really showcase your best sides to the people.

like my gmod videos what are the best parts 

i got some feedback on http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/11197-dose-this-work/ so what i did is

1. use more clips
  2. made the video longer
  3. i got the spelling of description right
  4. added a border around the Subscribe button
  5. i took out the bit about my lisp
  6. added backgrounds

so guys can i ask 

• what you think of my channel trailer
  • dose it make you want to watch my videos
  • and is my new one better than the last

#2 new

#1 old

thanks for reading and watching :3

That is a million times better mate, more professional and the extra effort makes people (me) think you care about your interests and the work you put into making them appeal to the audience, i say a million just exaggerating, the first one was a really amateurish attempt, ill be honest, maybe why you got that 1st hate response, welcome to the internet btw :), but it needed some input thats all, which is why you asked, so it wasnt necessary in any form, if you had posted this, i dont think i could have faulted it, its much improved, and not too long, but very much well done. I tip my hat to you sir, well done.

Agree on the red black contrast, sorry forgot to put that in my comment too. ^^

Agree on the red black contrast, sorry forgot to put that in my comment too. ^^

yay :D but yeah all i want to do is have fun and show people like you

yay :D but yeah all i want to do is have fun and show people like you

And thats all that matters, you have fun and get a few fans for your effort. Anything else is just gravy.

And thats all that matters, you have fun and get a few fans for your effort. Anything else is just gravy.

geting my videos out there is hard man ;-;

geting my videos out there is hard man ;-;

It sure is, unless your well known like joe/total biscuit or have shooting skills that match your cosplay photos like SSSniperWolf its proper hard to get noticed, youtube was never my thing but i have alot of respect for those who try with effort, no matter the outcome.

It sure is, unless your well known like joe/total biscuit or have shooting skills that match your cosplay photos like SSSniperWolf its proper hard to get noticed, youtube was never my thing but i have alot of respect for those who try with effort, no matter the outcome.

the people i8 know is alogicenamedjesse and s1ippery jim so you have respect for me then?

the people i8 know is alogicenamedjesse and s1ippery jim so you have respect for me then?

You take critisism on board and ask for help and advice, then use that and come out with your own material, whats not to respect. Now just begin a cosplay career and i can add you to my watch list lol :)

Yes, this video is much better. A few things i'll just reiterate, some of the bullet point text is hard to read. Especially on Left 4 Dead & Garry's Mod parts.

Dont have any sound as i'm at work.

But some things for me is the black bars around the video clips of the games, maybe these could be framed better? E.G: http://www.sxc.hu/browse.phtml?f=search&w=1&txt=image+frame&p=1

sxc.hu is a great website for free to use imagery also. They've a big database of images. And also if you want to spend minimal amounts of $ on custom artwork, check out fiverr.com. Or there are some graphic artists which just want to expand their portfolios and would create design work for cheap and maybe free.

And also agree with the red and black. And also where is says "great games as" I think should be 'great games such as'

Yes, this video is much better. A few things i'll just reiterate, some of the bullet point text is hard to read. Especially on Left 4 Dead & Garry's Mod parts.

Dont have any sound as i'm at work.

But some things for me is the black bars around the video clips of the games, maybe these could be framed better? E.G: http://www.sxc.hu/browse.phtml?f=search&w=1&txt=image+frame&p=1

sxc.hu is a great website for free to use imagery also. They've a big database of images.

And also agree with the red and black. And also where is says "great games as" I think should be 'great games such as'

i well keep that in mind for next trailer

You take critisism on board and ask for help and advice, then use that and come out with your own material, whats not to respect. Now just begin a cosplay career and i can add you to my watch list lol :)

maybe but i do want to get in animation more though

AJW likes this

As I said previously, you are better off with a shorter intro and with special effects. Not too short, not too long. About :30 to :50 should do it, if you can manage to cut out parts that aren't necessary and throw in some special effects. Better music too.

Personally I don't think a trailer should be long myself.  I don't pay much attention to them and the longer they  are the less likely I am to watch it. Short, sweet and to the point.

The second one is good but I don't think, considering the amount of games shown it needs to be as long as it is. I'd keep it to a few seconds long of gameplay per. I think the longer vids tend to have "more" going on in them that's why they tend to be longer.....

But like I said I don't typically watch the youtube channel trailers anyways :D

Personally I don't think a trailer should be long myself.  I don't pay much attention to them and the longer they  are the less likely I am to watch it. Short, sweet and to the point.

The second one is good but I don't think, considering the amount of games shown it needs to be as long as it is. I'd keep it to a few seconds long of gameplay per. I think the longer vids tend to have "more" going on in them that's why they tend to be longer.....

But like I said I don't typically watch the youtube channel trailers anyways :D

well thanks for the feed back :D

You didn't have to make a new topic to ask a question regarding the same thing as the old topic.

You could have just edited your first post with info about the remedied intro video and made a new post so that people who've been following your topic can respond to it.

No harm done. But since you're apparently done with your original topic, I'm going to go lock it so that discussion about the revised video can stay on only one topic.

You didn't have to make a new topic to ask a question regarding the same thing as the old topic.

You could have just edited your first post with info about the remedied intro video and made a new post so that people who've been following your topic can respond to it.

No harm done. But since you're apparently done with your original topic, I'm going to go lock it so that discussion about the revised video can stay on only one topic.

ok sorry sir

the longer they  are the less likely I am to watch it. 

I'm pretty sure there is a joke about women and attention span just waiting to happen.

On Topic....

I saw a clip with a cartoon lass that had rather large bahoombas ..... that's all I remember.

I'm joking....

I also remember she was blonde.

Your new trailer is far better than your first one bud. See, I can say stuff on topic too ...... multitasking at it's finest.

I'm pretty sure there is a joke about women and attention span just waiting to happen.

On Topic....

I saw a clip with a cartoon lass that had rather large bahoombas ..... that's all I remember.

I'm joking....

I also remember she was blonde.

Your new trailer is far better than your first one bud. See, I can say stuff on topic too ...... multitasking at it's finest.

lol

and thank you (MULTITASKING TO THE MAX)