• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Conor

Is Assassins Creed III any good?

20 posts in this topic

I didn't really like Assasins Creed, I played it at my friends and I own the second and I didn't really like them.

I loved Black Flag though and am still completing assassin and naval contrast and collectibles in that but was III any good at all? 

xboxmegafan likes this

It was horrible for me. Worst optimisation I've seen other than Rome II, for the PC at least. 

The main character, Connor was the most one dimensional protagonist for the Assassins' Creed series. After playing as the witty, playboy Ezio Auditore, Connor seems to be this whiny kid who just moans and be emotional throughout the whole story.

Cities are now small as heck, especially when compared with the huge cities from previous titles in the series. No more free running on the highest rooftops of Istanbul or Rome, now every damn building is like 3 storeys tall. Forest free running is cool at first but wears off soon as there only seems to be like 3 different types of trees populating the Eastern Coast of America. Hunting mechanics are almost never used; they serve no real purpose other than getting their pelts and selling them, and even so no one does that because you can beat the damn game with your starting equipment ( i did that without much effort ). 

Shops and merchants are for some dumb reason, hidden indoors. So you actually have to look for a building with the damn sign instead of previous titles where they are easy to spot with the merchants yelling prices and the blacksmith hammering away. hence, I never bought a single piece of equipment simply because it took too much time just to find a merchant.

Remember the Villa you managed in AC 2? Or the entire cities of Rome and Istanbul in Brotherhood and Revelations? GONE. Now it's a stupid little house. I'm not joking. Remember the cool assassins you could recruit in previous titles? How they all wore the badass assassin outfit and did cool assassin shit with ambushes and arrow storms? GONE. Now your recruits don't seem like Assassins at all! Heck one of them assassinates with a freaking MEAT CLEAVER while wearing his BUTCHER'S OUTFIT!!! 

Bottom line: IT SUCKS

Conor likes this

AC3 was a disapointing for me,I have play all the AC games and they are all good but AC3...Conor is a bitch,you cannot free run in the rooftops(like in the previous games),when you finish a mission you dont get paid like in the previous games and the only way to get good amount of money is trading caravans and  I feel that im wasting my time waiting for the caravans to finish to sell everything.But the game have a good plot because is based in the revolutionary war,and in some missions you are in the middle of a huge battle between the patriots and the redcoats.

Conor likes this

Tried to play it trough 4 times, and my best score was 65% of game finished. Later i was bored. Connor as a main character sux.

Conor likes this

The best thing about it is the Naval combat and as I hear it its been done better in the 4th.

Conor likes this

I'm the only person on this planet who hated 2 and loved 3.

I loved assassins creed 3.

I lost the coaster for my desk and used the disk for that game ... it saved my desk from getting a coffee ring.

Divergence likes this

If it's on sale sure, but it's just a mediocre game and should be prized as such. Not going to spoil the game for you but the story is really bad, not that it was better in the past but this time it's even worse then before. Another thing worth mentioning is that the protagonist are really weak in this game.

I'm the only person on this planet who hated 2 and loved 3.

I'm a fan of the ship combat (which has been outdone as a full on mechanic rather than just a feature), and the Templars were actually portrayed as humans.

Other than that though the parkour is extremely lacking due to the environment.

It was horrible for me. Worst optimisation I've seen other than Rome II, for the PC at least. 

The main character, Connor was the most one dimensional protagonist for the Assassins' Creed series. After playing as the witty, playboy Ezio Auditore, Connor seems to be this whiny kid who just moans and be emotional throughout the whole story.

Cities are now small as heck, especially when compared with the huge cities from previous titles in the series. No more free running on the highest rooftops of Istanbul or Rome, now every damn building is like 3 storeys tall. Forest free running is cool at first but wears off soon as there only seems to be like 3 different types of trees populating the Eastern Coast of America. Hunting mechanics are almost never used; they serve no real purpose other than getting their pelts and selling them, and even so no one does that because you can beat the damn game with your starting equipment ( i did that without much effort ). 

Shops and merchants are for some dumb reason, hidden indoors. So you actually have to look for a building with the damn sign instead of previous titles where they are easy to spot with the merchants yelling prices and the blacksmith hammering away. hence, I never bought a single piece of equipment simply because it took too much time just to find a merchant.

Remember the Villa you managed in AC 2? Or the entire cities of Rome and Istanbul in Brotherhood and Revelations? GONE. Now it's a stupid little house. I'm not joking. Remember the cool assassins you could recruit in previous titles? How they all wore the badass assassin outfit and did cool assassin shit with ambushes and arrow storms? GONE. Now your recruits don't seem like Assassins at all! Heck one of them assassinates with a freaking MEAT CLEAVER while wearing his BUTCHER'S OUTFIT!!! 

Bottom line: IT SUCKS

Wait? You have Assassins in AC3?

AC 3 is for me the most evil game ever. It's not just bad. It's really bad. And it has this maritim battle mode, which is freakin' awesome. So you feel yourself forced to play those incredibly dull sneak and peak missions, so you can go and sink some more enemies in maritim battles. AC3 is a case of a game, were I wished, that it were cut into several DLCs, so i could stay away from the non-maritim-parts.

AC3 is the weakest of the entire franchise to date. It had a pretty good premise but weak characters, especially Connor. I don't feel for him as a person. He's a walking cry me a river Native American cliche.

The combat is terrible. All the combos don't kill enemies faster.

I thought Brotherhood was pretty good I didn't like #3 because of how unforgiving it is and the main character connor was just a whiney bitch

That said I've not played Black Flag as of yet because #3 put me off trying it but I've been hearing some good things about it so I'm going to have to give it a try.

As a big fan of the AC series, a history buff, and a Briton I can say wholeheartedly that it is one of THE WORST games I have ever played. I downright hated Connor and the stick up his arse; how he preferred to falsely believe the whole colonist's side of the American revolution was all sunshine and rainbows.

Generally the game's story comes down to this: The British are evil, every single one of them. In previous AC games the guards are just an obstacle in the way but in this one all Redcoats are shown as power hungry bastards. This was even shown around AC4 (which I loved) though albeit toned down; Adawale for example single handedly blames the British for slavery (no one else), yet historically the French were the largest slave captors. I'd also like to mention how Ubisoft seemed to keep the French out of both games as much as possible even though they should have had very big parts to play.

Essentially it comes down to this: If you're a gungho 'Murican who hates everything British only from what you've heard on TV or history lessons then you'll probably love it. If you're a little more advised in these matters then you're likely to not; at least on the historical side of it.

MrMadakey likes this

i loved assassin's creed revelations and AC2 but three was just bad 

Meh it was really boring for me. I never really liked the AC series that much to begin with, but AC Brotherhood is my favorite. 

From what I've played of AC3 I really enjoyed it. It's soundtrack is amazing, it looks and plays great, and the story is very interesting. It's definitely one of the better AC games, along with AC2, ACR, and AC4. I'd say go for the digital deluxe when it's next on sale. I picked it up for around $20 and was not disappointed.

I still think you can call it a "good" game.

But it's still a huge disappointment from what they really promised it would be.