• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

moonsquad

Your opinion on where the Fable franchise is headed

36 posts in this topic

Hey Guys :)

This is something that I've always wondered. What are other people's thoughts about the direction in which the Fable Franchise is currently headed? :? Are you happy with the way it has turned out? Has each one really brought any new and improved experiences to you, the player?

Let me know what you guys think :)

ve52ps.jpg

As a long time fable fan, I love the fact that they are turning this into a mmo game. The entire series was originally like a mmo like experience but in a single player game. Now, with technology as it is now. The devs can now make a real fable like experience in a mmo game, thus making them come full circle with this franchise. So, yes, I love where they are going with this franchise

Was pretty excited for the new fable headed out to xbox one. Was the first title that got me thinking "maybe i should grab an xbox".

then they said you would have to be always online, and that's just a bummer since i wanted a couch co-op. 

Wouldn't be able to play it at my gf's poolhouse for example where has enough room for a bunch of people and we can make noise without bothering anyone for example.

Requiring online for games that doesn't need to be online is just stupid. 

I love fable and fable 2, but honestly i just couldnt like fable 3, the story was not as good as it was in the first two games, and in my opinion by removing most of the weapon types they ruined the combat by over simplifying it.

Nixx likes this

Fable The lost Chapters... That game... I know there was not much you can do if you compare it with today's open world RPG's but MAN! I finished that game 12 times and I had a blast every time. Sadly I am a PC gamer so I watched Fable 2 on youtube ( a very sad sight ). After that I played Fable 3... I had fun but a lot of things were missing like a proper ending, weapon variety like OP mentioned and ARMOR value...also I would mention GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE drm witch is the most annoying thing. Still it was not THAT bad. Then Microsoft shoved the damn kinect to the franchise and killed it completely. From my point of view Fable the journey was a TERRIBLE fable game. As a game alone, it is still a really mediocre game, but as a game from a great RPG franchise such as Fable... it was beyond bad. I hope Lionhead learned from their mistakes and will deliver us a great fable game soon. 

The Last Fable game i will be buying is Fable Anniversary. Only because it's The Lost Chapters Remake.

As a long time fable fan, I love the fact that they are turning this into a mmo game. The entire series was originally like a mmo like experience but in a single player game. Now, with technology as it is now. The devs can now make a real fable like experience in a mmo game, thus making them come full circle with this franchise. So, yes, I love where they are going with this franchise

I agree with you. It would be great if they could turn it into something a lot better by implementing new styles and different ways of incorporating character expansion in a much broader world without sacrificing too much of the single player elements that we have grown to love. It would be especially nice if we don't have to pay through the roof in order to get such an experience. However, I would still like to see them continue to expand on the major single player elements of the game as well and not only focus on turning it into an online experience.

The gutter.

Sorry if it seems I'm being unfair, but it's better to have low expectations than those impossibly high.

The Last Fable game i will be buying is Fable Anniversary. Only because it's The Lost Chapters Remake.

Do you know whether they'll be releasing it for PC? :?

Fable The lost Chapters... That game... I know there was not much you can do if you compare it with today's open world RPG's but MAN! I finished that game 12 times and I had a blast every time. Sadly I am a PC gamer so I watched Fable 2 on youtube ( a very sad sight ). After that I played Fable 3... I had fun but a lot of things were missing like a proper ending, weapon variety like OP mentioned and ARMOR value...also I would mention GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE drm witch is the most annoying thing. Still it was not THAT bad. Then Microsoft shoved the damn kinect to the franchise and killed it completely. From my point of view Fable the journey was a TERRIBLE fable game. As a game alone, it is still a really mediocre game, but as a game from a great RPG franchise such as Fable... it was beyond bad. I hope Lionhead learned from their mistakes and will deliver us a great fable game soon. 

Don't even get me started with Games For Windows Live... I spent more time trying to log in to that flippin program than playing Fable 3 initially.

The gutter.

Sorry if it seems I'm being unfair, but it's better to have low expectations than those impossibly high.

No no, your judgement is accurate. The way things have been going with this franchise so far, I don't expect to have incredibly high expectations. It's such a pity actually...

I was extremely disapointed with the first, then I lowered expectations for the second and was dissapointed, didn't bother to play Fable 3 until it released and found that mediocre. So nowhere I guess. With all the great old RPGs with choices and great stories and characters and all the great new RPGs with large worlds to explore and the old style ones from Kickstarter, I don't really know why anyone cares about Fable at all, the series still hasn't even come close to reaching what the first Fable was supposed to be.

I played Fable 3, and enjoyed it. Thinking I should probably play the other two considering I haven't yet.

I played Fable 3, and enjoyed it. Thinking I should probably play the other two considering I haven't yet.

I wouldn't bother so much with the second one unless you really want to (also I don't know whether you're playing on PC or Xbox :?). You have to play the original though. It's my personal favourite and I have played it numerous times over :)

Well, I've always loved Fable, but the 3rd was pretty bad. I didn't wanna go through the pain of playing "The Journey." That game just screamed "CRAAAAAPPP."

I really disliked how all the Magics went from a superpower to just a special glove. And I don't like how they didn't bring much from the old games back. I understand the world was destroyed, and yes, in the second game, it was nice that they brought old cities back, but there was barely any mention of Jack of Blades, or your character, or what happened to Oakvale. To me, they missed out on some sentimental opportunities. The game just became another that you can't really get into that world you're discovering.

But hopefully, they go back to how things were. I loved the first game. It was too awesome.

"Your health is low! Do you have any potions? Or food??" hahahaha

moonsquad likes this

I picked up the first Fable last year on steam, I suppose it must have been pretty awesome back in the day but I could never really get into it. I'm not really interested in the Fable franchise after watching Joe's fable 3 review and seeing Peter Molynuex's (spelling?) latest works.

I don't think it was headed anywhere to start with.

I absolutely hated Fable 3 and had someone drag me through it a second time so I could remember just how much hate I had for it.

If that's anything indicative of the "magical" experience they're building, I don't expect any further good from them.

Well, I've always loved Fable, but the 3rd was pretty bad. I didn't wanna go through the pain of playing "The Journey." That game just screamed "CRAAAAAPPP."

I really disliked how all the Magics went from a superpower to just a special glove. And I don't like how they didn't bring much from the old games back. I understand the world was destroyed, and yes, in the second game, it was nice that they brought old cities back, but there was barely any mention of Jack of Blades, or your character, or what happened to Oakvale. To me, they missed out on some sentimental opportunities. The game just became another that you can't really get into that world you're discovering.

But hopefully, they go back to how things were. I loved the first game. It was too awesome.

"Your health is low! Do you have any potions? Or food??" hahahaha

Indeed, the developers at Lionhead Studios need to seriously take a step back from their current work and reassess whether what they are are doing, is even half way decent. They need to get in touch with the original wonder that is Fable: The Lost Chapters, maybe then will we get handed a game that is full of welcome surprises lol

I picked up the first Fable last year on steam, I suppose it must have been pretty awesome back in the day but I could never really get into it. I'm not really interested in the Fable franchise after watching Joe's fable 3 review and seeing Peter Molynuex's (spelling?) latest works.

Each to his own I suppose :) The original Fable is actually an excellent game, you've just gotta give it some time :)

Seems FABLES just trying to become as easy as possible, and "streamlined" found it allmost impossible to die in fable 3, even if i did nothing.. :( and niether sequel seemed like a true expansion of the fable universe, just another ... few hundred years later and so many issues with fable 3, where fable 1 was just a great game dispite issues i was happy to forget.

If and when the next fable comes around i hope peter mollinaux (spelling?) actually has nothing to do with it. let some people who played through the series and know where it went wrong redo or add another story and keep fans happy.

I played Fable way back with a weak ass PC. It lagged like hell but I loved the game. As for where the franchise is headed, I can say that it's probably still going downhill. Maybe they can make a kick ass game, but since that Fable 3 review Joe has given us I really, REALLY doubt they will create a great game. Only time will tell, but as with any franchise, I want them to make a great game - for our sakes and their own profits.

I played Fable way back with a weak ass PC. It lagged like hell but I loved the game. As for where the franchise is headed, I can say that it's probably still going downhill. Maybe they can make a kick ass game, but since that Fable 3 review Joe has given us I really, REALLY doubt they will create a great game. Only time will tell, but as with any franchise, I want them to make a great game - for our sakes and their own profits.

That seems like all us gamers can do nowadays... hope and pray that these corporate gaming companies actually take notice of the little guys and decide, "You know what, I think we'll give them the game they want!". Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that will ever happen :(

Fable is dying to me. If the next one is as bad as 2/3 I will completely give up on the franchise, and just play Fable Anniversary as the original fable is one of my favorite games. 

I think it will banish, The First game was awesome, a Masterpiece, and then it went down, each game was worse than the last one.