• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Traviltar

It is a sad day in the history of gaming.

44 posts in this topic

As was said elsewhere on the internet, Nintendo could fail like this for 20 years and still remain afloat. This is nothing new.

Mexiguy likes this

I see this as more of a failure of demographic targeting than anything. The "family" and "casual" demographics are gone, moved on to mobile/portable platforms. Only the "hardcore" crowd cares about consoles and until Nintendo brings in some heavy 3rd party support they're fucked. Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon alone can't carry an entire system anymore.

Mexiguy likes this

This will never affect Nintendo because they've always got options and money. They should really just take a bow and be done already.

mouseno4 likes this

This will never affect Nintendo because they've always got options and money. They should really just take a bow and be done already.

This. Sony and MS pour copious amounts of money into their consoles. Nintendo does not. They know how to keep their money in their pockets.

I agree they just can't keep throwing mario into different random games and situations! I think it's time they came up with something new and refreshing.

I'm sick to death of seeing the same stuff come out year after year for nintendo! the DS has about 1000 different versions for no reason it has the same games etc...

They need a total shake up and new blood and start throwing out some new original stuff.

Just let mario and co rest in their retirement years!

they refuse to sell their games on other platforms...

sounds like its their own fault to me

they refuse to sell their games on other platforms...

sounds like its their own fault to me

Because they are the only console manufacturer that do that, rite?

This. Sony and MS pour copious amounts of money into their consoles. Nintendo does not. They know how to keep their money in their pockets.

No, Nintendo is losing hundreds of millions of dollars due to lack of sales. All their profit they made from the Wii is dwindling and will continue to dwindle until until that profit is gone unless they make a drastic improvement. That video Kaz posted, that guy did research and got facts of how much money Nintendo lost. If I remember it was somewhere around $300+ million lost in 2013...that's not pocket change. It's almost safe to say things won't change this year for them so here's hoping they learn instead of trying to look for that quick profit off something we don't want.

Poor nintendo.  Q_Q

I never thought I would say that.  I actually feel sorry for them, but I have kind of had a slight dislike of them for years.

Nintendo may take a hit, but I think that they will find a way out. I think that if anything, they would just back out of the main console race and focus on handhelds.

No, Nintendo is losing hundreds of millions of dollars due to lack of sales. All their profit they made from the Wii is dwindling and will continue to dwindle until until that profit is gone unless they make a drastic improvement. That video Kaz posted, that guy did research and got facts of how much money Nintendo lost. If I remember it was somewhere around $300+ million lost in 2013...that's not pocket change. It's almost safe to say things won't change this year for them so here's hoping they learn instead of trying to look for that quick profit off something we don't want.

Compare that to their actual liquid assets. It IS pocket change to them. And yes, they CAN afford to keep losing money at the exact same rate as it was in 2013 - and YES for another 20 years. Not that that is going to happen mind you. I am pretty sure Nintendo isnt THAT dumb rofl!

As i said, Nintendo has become very proficient at being extremely resilient. Much much more so than Sony or Microsoft. Take a look at the facts of their last home console, the Wii U. In comparison to the PS4 and the XB1, the Wii U is dirt cheap for Nintendo. Why? Because quite frankly... it cant do ANYTHING besides play games, stream a few services and surf the net. They designed it that way on purpose. The Wii U costs a little over $200 to make, yet are priced at a lot more than that. The XB1 and the PS4 costs TWICE that much to produce.

Yes, Nintendo will in fact hemorrhage money by the truck load. They most likely wont even break even with the Wii U. But Nintendo most likely wont care as much as you think. They are so far in the green that they can weather a failed console for quite some time to come.

Fact is, this wont really change much. I liken this situation with Nintendo and the Wii U, to Sony and their PS Vita. With the 3DS speeding around the track, crossing the finishing line in a blaze of speed, the PS Vita limps over it a solid half hour behind - but STILL crossing it. Nintendo will most likely have their Wii U limp for the rest of its life (however long that is) until the next home console from Nintendo is released.

So with that in mind, RELAX. Enjoy your 3DS and your Wii/Wii U. Nintendo aint going anywhere regardless how badly their home console division is doing.

For your information, the Wii U Basic costs Nintendo $228 to make, and sold at launch for $299. The PS4 costs Sony $381 to produce and sells for $399. Microsoft's XB1 costs them $471 to produce and sells for $499. Nintendo's console profit is $71, where as the profit for Microsoft is a low $28 and Sony is a measly $18. The difference is staggering.

johnythehero likes this

On an entirely different note (hence new reply), i can certainly see Nintendo getting out of the home console business as Nintendo just have not been putting much effort into the Wii U. Unlikely, but i think somewhat plausible.

If they truly wish to stay in home consoles, they need to give up the Wii U fight and go for broke with a new console, backed up with some really amazing games like a few more Marios, a Zelda or two, maybe even a full size Pokemon game or 6. They need to do their research and find what sells and then push those onto a new console for a fresh start.

Nothing much to say. We all know wii-u failed. Nintendo has pretty deep pockets and can definitely take the hit. In fact, their pocket is so deep that they can take forever to regroup and figure out a new plan. They still have the 3DS, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, etc. It's really just a kick to the balls, it hurts, for a while.

Hopefully things will pick up this year since this is when all their big releases were going to be announced and released. 

Also, hopefully, a few developers will pull their heads out their asses and stop acting like a bunch of scolded children and actually try to develop some 3rd party games for the console. I mean I know companies like Bethesda got really pissed off trying to work with Nintendo during the Wii U's early days, but come on Bethesda, you're better then that.

Nintendo has to come to the realization that they have to work more with third parties in order to improve their sales.

Of course once the next Legend of Zelda or Super Smash Bros gets released, console sales will boom again.

I could care less about Nintendo...