• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CoyoteSmith

Old Horror Survival Games VS. New Horror Survival Games. Which will win?

6 posts in this topic

You know How Some of us miss the old resident evils or Silent hill's franchise, those stressing nights because we were in a situation with low health, being chased By a monster obsessed with stars or with very few bullets. Remember the nostalgia and, as a little kid, the nervous we got when ambushed by dogs in a corridor or surprised by a corps you thought was dead, while trying to get a herb.

Now the action packed excitement filled with monsters, big guns, and a hell of a lot of ammo to burn those nightmarish creatures to the ground from where they came  xD.... Today I come asking you this...

Which do you prefer, the old survival horror games, or the new ones ? What are the Pros and cons of older and newer games ?I am very interested in your opinion guys and as always Keep on rocking!

To be honest I hate playing horror games. I can watch any horror or splatter movie and rarely feel uncomfortable while when I play a horror game it will take 2 minutes and I'll throw the controller onto the next wall. I do enjoy watching others play them though. I prefer old style horror games or newer ones like Outlast. Having nearly unlimited ammo and the big guns to kill the horror that stands before you most likely will ruin the atmosphere and dread you should feel when playing those games. One monster that you barely see, only hints here and there, a bloody corpse ripped apart by something you don't even know how it looks? Scary! Thousands of monster running straight at you, trying to jumpscare you, you shooting millions of bullets at them= most likely boring as fuck

CoyoteSmith likes this

I do prefer the older ones.

Both Resident Evil and Silent Hill have got steadily worse as the series moves on. We don't get games like Dino Crisis anymore....

I'm just not a big "action" game fan ............. And I fucking detest QTE's.

CoyoteSmith likes this

I don't think I would call the games where you go around killing everything horror games, I certainly wouldn't call the old Resident Evil games horror games either. Maybe a jump scare every now and then but that's it. I really only remember Silent Hill, from what I hear Fatal Frame, and some very obscure games I can't even remember the names of being actually scary in the past by doing more than just jump scares. Amnesia and Outlast seem to do a much better job of being scary than the older games most people remember.

CoyoteSmith likes this