• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

(AJSA)JD

AlienWare Selling Overpriced Tech ?

8 posts in this topic

I recently finished building my entry level rig for decent 500$ dollars its pretty fair running New Released games medium at 30-60 frames per second Now My friend said he doesn't wanna build a pc and he's Just buying an alienware Pre Made PC But this tech is ridiculously overpriced is this alien-ware standard for pc's to be this high or am i exaggerating because this is the first time ive ever been on this site 

I don't find Alienware to be that good. 

They are overpriced for what they are but i'm the last person to talk about spending to much on a PC, I spent thousands on mine.

(AJSA)JD and Gone too like this

For a desktop I would never go with anything else than self-made or if you don't have the willingness or knowhow to do it yourself then buy the components and ask the store to build it.

With Alienware you are paying for the brand, which could be considered "cool" by some but by most it will be considered a huge waste of money

However for laptops I'm lost, it's probably just as overpriced there but I don't know how to custom build a laptop

Gone too and Twisted Chi like this

Let me put it to you like this. I built the exact same computer that was on Alienwares site for 3000. I built it from tiger direct for 1200. The only difference is the case doesn't have all the dumb ass lights that just eat up power and make extra heat.

Go on tiger direct.com. They have A LOT of premades at very nice prices. You will pay at least 70% more for the same comp on Alienware vs Tiger Direct.

(AJSA)JD and Twisted Chi like this

I live in the uk everything is overpiced and then taxed, but alienwares specs are just the same as others be it for more or less money, alienware you do pay for the brand they are nothing special even back in the day when they had dedicated gaming (sigh) laptops i bought one and my self made rig was better and cost about half what the laptop did, and anything you make yourself is bound to end up cheaper if you budget and have a set plan for what you want. saying that, you may find the odd bargain in some retails places if they need to get rid of some stock, i found a few pcs in my time that were half decent specs for just a few hundred quid, just cos the next tech got released and the previous was outdated by the company who sold its standards.

(AJSA)JD likes this

Alienwares are the Macs of gaming PCs.

This, this guy knows.

It's overpriced garbage, building it yourself is the only worthwhile way, for laptops there are better less flashy manufacturers.

I considered buying an Alienware, but then I found out that they are made by Dell.

That turned me off pretty much immediately.

(AJSA)JD likes this