• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Qnz917

Sonic Boom - Video Game Reveal Trailer

20 posts in this topic

Glad to see the other characters becoming playable again but damn Knuckles what did they do to you?

Glad to see the other characters becoming playable again but damn Knuckles what did they do to you?

Protein shakes, steroids, and advance growth caused by Master Emerald radiation.

GS:

Sega says the game will feature traditional Sonic elements (speed) alongside exploration, combat, and a tethering mechanic. Sonic Boom, or at least the Wii U version, appears to be designed around 4-player cooperative play.

There's more details at  http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sonic-boom-announced-but-just-what-has-sega-done-to-knuckles/1100-6417572/

I should point out that this game is being made by Ex Naughty Dog staff who brought Crash Bandicoot & Jak & Daxter into the world and is running on the Cry Engine 3, this game maybe a very big deal for Nintendo and potentially one of the best games this year. As an Xbox One owner and Sonic fan this my response when I discovered it was exclusive to the Wii U 

Knuckles looks like he skipped leg day for 20 years. Like seriously, he is built like a tank in his upper body but he has twigs for legs. I'm surprised he can support himself. But I digress

This game looks pretty promising from that trailer and it's the first time I'm excited for a Sonic game in a long time (Mainly because I haven't followed it since Adventure 2 Battle. I saw Sonic Unleased/Secret Rings/Black Knight and they didn't interest me). I'm really liking the new style for each of the characters, except for the above. Nice to be able to play as all of them again (Tails has always been my favourite :P ). So yeah I'll definitely be keeping my eyes on this title. May even take a peek or two at the T.V. show and see how cheesy it is. 

I hope something big will be shown at E3 and Big Red Button will continue with Sonic, all I can say is watch this space

Not a fan of the new character design, except for Tails and Amy who look pretty awesome to be honest. I'm curious to see the final product.

(But seriously. Putting dubstep in a Sonic trailer ? What the hell?)

Hey it's better than using this

But it's worse than them getting Crush40 to write their music.

Apparently some who use to work for Naughty Dog is working on this. So there might be a little hope...

Some more info:

• The Wii U GamePad will be used to display a map and upgrades, as well as another function which is yet to be unveiled
  • The are no Chaos Emeralds to collect/find
  • The game follows an adventure style with currency and upgrades for the characters
  • The game is more “organically” challenging, in that difficulty arises from skill in combat and finding hidden secrets as opposed to enemies just becoming tougher
  • All the levels in the game are connected by the story and its locations
  • You will mainly use two characters at a time during gameplay, but all four will show up in hubs and boss fights
  • There will be points in the game where you are required to use a certain character to proceed
  • The game will be very character driven, with a lot of focus put onto each individual character and their unique abilities
  • We will “definitely” be seeing other characters from the Sonic series making an appearance – these will be revealed over the coming months (Shadow has been confirmed)
  • Inspiration is being taken from Sonic 2, Sonic Adventure, and Sonic Generations

This is starting to sound like a combination of the Adventure games and Heroes.

Barring the design choice for the characters from my opinion as few agree with all of the characters new looks, the gameplay looks and sounds solid. I'm holding some mild excitement for it seeing as I've not really enjoied a Sonic game very much in years. They've simply been lack luster.

I will ask, did the words 'tethering mechanic' send the mind of anyone else to Knuckles Chaotix?

I would just like to add that the trailer said that the location was paradise

Paradise: the only location where giant mechanical worms want to kill you.

Seems legit

I hope there isn't a bunch or fighting in the game like Sonic the Werehog but it seems like that's the case at the end of the trailer 

Someone, take the cocaine from Sega already.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0