• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Mantis

Where is everyone

25 posts in this topic

So many people voted for games to come to pass, but nobody plays them, here are some data tables to show you:

Number of People on TS for the game (5:51 P.M., 2/15/2014 EST): 

Battlefield 4: 4

Planetside 2: 3

League of Legends: 4

Dota 2: 13

War Thunder: 1

Warframe: 5

SWTOR: 0

Guild Wars 2: 1

Number of People who said they'd play the game regularly:

Battlefield 4: (No Poll)

Planetside 2: 436

League of Legends: (No Poll)

Dota 2: (No Poll)

War Thunder: 136

Warframe: 218

SWTOR: 205

Guild Wars 2: 425

Now there were polls for games such as CS:GO, however these weren't official channels in TS, so I did not include them. Contributing factors to the extremity of these figures might be the time, that a lot of people are not playing at 5:58 on a Saturday evening of 12:58 in morning (GMT). Another factor might be the age of the polls, some polls were put up in November and it seemed like a great idea in November, but now it is not. I will take more data from different times at different dates to (sort of) eliminate the factor of date and time. 

I'm not criticizing anyone or trying annoy or embarrass anyone. I'm trying to give light on a problem within the community. This might not be a problem to a bunch of people, but I would personally like to participate in an active community. Now, I don't want to leave and if the general opinion is fine with this data, then fine then, things will continue. However, if a significant number find these numbers disheartening, then the council ought to do something. 

Edit: More data from 2/16/2014 1:04

Battlefield 4 on TS: 2

Planetside 2 on TS: 2

League of Legends on TS: 6

Dota 2 on TS: 9

War Thunder on TS: 2

Warframe on TS: 5

SWTOR on TS: 1

Guild Wars 2 on TS: 1

I see what you guys mean for in-game players, but even in those there are still very few people. Consistently I see in Planetside 2 only between 10-30 people, even though over 400 said they'd be playing regularly. I don't play any of the other games except for War Thunder and there the clan was closed off a while ago so I can't even check that. I also saw a post saying that a lot of people didn't join the outfit because of a few people who really annoyed them. This is completely understandable, again I'm not trying to bash anyone. That's still not playing for the AJSA. I must've then misunderstood what the vote was saying because I thought it meant to be playing it regularly, with the AJSA. I just want to play games with a few people, is that really so much to ask.

I agree, I think the debacle with the GTA V Xbox AJSA community highlights this problem.

I cant play csgo while having push to talk enabled.

Same goes for league

So im not on as much on ts

They said they'd play it regularly, not 24/7. You picked out a single point in time when everyone isn't online. Good Job! Doesn't mean that no one plays it.

You checked the Teamspeak numbers? Not even people online in the game?

Just stop.

Number of People on TS

This has been mentioned a few times but some of us don't use teamspeak at all.

We have other things going on while we game and either can't or don't want to be sat on chat channels. 

Another thing that's been brought up is some games being played have EU and NA servers. The "official" AJSA groups are on NA servers but a lot of EU folk get terrible ping and can't play on NA servers and the rest of us that don't get bad ping are asleep during NA's prime time. When most events are happening it's about 2am GMT and i'm in the land of fluffy pink bunnies and fairies at that time of the morning.

Another thing that was mentioned by a few of us. I'll use Planetside 2 as an example. We're already established in other outfits and on other servers. We've already gone through the learning curves and getting to know the people we game with and we don;t want to start over. So some of us haven't joined the AJSA outfit.

Plus I only play on EU servers anyway so it doesn't matter.

Point is, not everyone uses teamspeak, we have a lot of different time zones and some of us that play the games listed are already established in other guilds/servers/clans/outfits and aren't starting over.

But mainly it's a Teamspeak thing. The Teamspeak server has gained a bit of a reputation for having loud, gobby idiots on it. A few people have mentioned in other threads they stopped going on altogether due to certain people on there. Others just don't want to use it at all.

Using Teamspeak as a point of reference won't tell you anything about a games population.

Berserker, Mantis, Emphase and 1 other like this

ive never used team speak... not sure what it is in all honesty

i see what you mean though op

but going on what others have said, looks like the few idiots are spoiling it for the majority

but going on what others have said, looks like the few idiots are spoiling it for the majority

That's not at all what people are saying.

Some of us don't use TS for a variety of reasons, that's one reason why the OP needs to re-examine his claims. And like Icedajack said, the OP just picked a single given time to gather his data, only checking TS, not the actual games, which makes his claims void, since we don't have the actual activity figures.

There's a lot of factors the OP neglects, and If he wants this, admittedly valid point to have any credit, he needs to take all those factors into account.

well its winter too. I know that US have their final uni exams before christmas, but here for example exams started and Jan. 27. i havent played ANY game in more than a month so you see....

Multi-gaming communities never work, this is just a cold hard fact and has been since online gaming came into existence. There is too much going on and they are always overly ambitious, there is never enough people to properly maintain it and they slack off, people force themselves to play games they don't actually care about and lose interest quickly, these communities are made up of 99% casual gamers who don't stick to a game so there is zero chance of longevity in what they do and the communities stagnate due to lack of consistency and effort.

This place is no different and is already basically dead in the water, the hype left a while ago and so did everyone else... Don't even try, you're wasting your time...

oYdADxb.png

Gone and Mantis like this

Multi-gaming communities never work, this is just a cold hard fact and has been since online gaming came into existence. There is too much going on and they are always overly ambitious, there is never enough people to properly maintain it and they slack off, people force themselves to play games they don't actually care about and lose interest quickly, these communities are made up of 99% casual gamers who don't stick to a game so there is zero chance of longevity in what they do and the communities stagnate due to lack of consistency and effort.

This place is no different and is already basically dead in the water, the hype left a while ago and so did everyone else... Don't even try, you're wasting your time...

oYdADxb.png

Not necessarily, my old gaming community is still going strong and have been since they kicked up in 2008. 

Edit: As for checking TS for numbers? Why? That's far from a legitimate statistic unless the community required TS/Microphones.

Not necessarily, my old gaming community is still going strong and have been since they kicked up in 2008.

Link please, it's one thing to say something and it's something else entirely to actually provide evidence of what is said.

People have a point.

While some folk can and will game together on a regular basis not everyone will.

A lot can change for people between the games they were playing and voting for in November and now. As Gronth said, some people have exams now while others are busy at work. Some will have moved on to other games. Some have left the community completely. 

Link please, it's one thing to say something and it's something else entirely to actually provide evidence of what is said.

http://digirev.net/

There are only 289 people in that clan spanning god knows how many games not to mention a clan in not a community and who knows what the actual activity is like from the members. That's good for a clan but that is dead as far as a multi-gaming community is concerned, dead, dead, dead...

snip

I dont agree, my old community ( i just went out to dinner with them 1.5 weeks ago ) is still going strong since 2002 i think, they have a base in battlefield but also have league gw2 and csgo players. The core of the community is still there from the restart of 2011 ( the main sponsor dropped support )so yea. Its who you ask honestly, older gamers swear by multi gaming communities. For they grew up with them. Back in the day you didnt have all this facebook and twitter and stuff on the internet, no you had IRC and icq and you had to actually look for a good server in a game where people played that you could hang out with. Then when you played on the server and became a regular you was invited to join the community, you actually had to put effort into it. And that changed imo, these days everyone can make a forum, rent a ts server and start a community and the internet got flooded.

Now we have a people that show up, stay for 2 weeks and move on.  

LoreMaster likes this

The thing aswell, in case of this forum, is it seems a little "left behind". I mean, i understand that Joe is a busy man, but showing on forum every once in a while not only to update status on locked threads about rules, but also answr one or two messages\posts etc. Would give a nice feedback, and make people feel a part of AA. But i wouldnt call this community dead, just spread out. AA is not a gaming clan in strict meaning of this term. Its more like conglomerate of players around the world, from different societies that find this community special and unique.

Romeomoon likes this

I think some people joined this community under the mind set that they would be gaming on a regular basis with Joe and that was never going to happen. He said so himself.

Not to mention that with new games coming out on a regular basis, people will migrate.

Another problem i've seen mentioned is the lack of events and organisation. Nothing to keep people interested. People don't have the time or patience to run guilds, clans or outfits. They are being created and then left to run themselves and people give up.

If not Joe then people expect folk like Delrith, Tonsofun or Ross to be running things regularly and i'm pretty sure they have other things to do with their own time than keeping a watch on every game people vote for.

I'll be honest, I was going to join up and game on some of the official servers and guilds but plans change. I was going to join the AJSA Rust server but that game pissed me off so it's sat uninstalled in my Steam library gathering virtual dust never to be played again. I voted for Planetside 2 without thinking. Yes I play it regularly but on a different server. I voted for Warframe when i'd only just started playing, after a week I got bored of it and that too got uninstalled.

I think the problem is that we can't make initiatives ourselves. We are able to make thread about our own event, but the site itself won't promote it, even if the event would be directed for AA members. It won't be anything big and fancy, just another topic on the forums that will either get ignored, or in some cases it will get some people in it.

I personally have been looking up for Arma 2 or 3 events, but thus far there haven't been anything. Arma 3 passed the community a long time ago, but the activity on its own sub has been almost zero. The fact that ''One does not simply make Arma event in few minutes'', makes it even harder to actually keep events on that game. I fully understand that we can't put every single event to the calendar, but if there could be some way for people to get their events on the calendar and get some kind of headline, then maybe people would play more of these games, and the community would be more active. Right now it just seems that the community vote won't make any difference to the state of that specific game.

I think the problem is that we can't make initiatives ourselves. We are able to make thread about our own event, but the site itself won't promote it, even if the event would be directed for AA members. It won't be anything big and fancy, just another topic on the forums that will either get ignored, or in some cases it will get some people in it.

I personally have been looking up for Arma 2 or 3 events, but thus far there haven't been anything. Arma 3 passed the community a long time ago, but the activity on its own sub has been almost zero. The fact that ''One does not simply make Arma event in few minutes'', makes it even harder to actually keep events on that game. I fully understand that we can't put every single event to the calendar, but if there could be some way for people to get their events on the calendar and get some kind of headline, then maybe people would play more of these games, and the community would be more active. Right now it just seems that the community vote won't make any difference to the state of that specific game.

That events calendar is absolutely useless.

It's Joe's Twitch calendar, there are no actual game events up there for the community.

Things get mentioned on sub forums some folk don't even know exist (I recently found out about the Dark Souls sub forum thanks to a thread on General) or on Teamspeak that some people don't use.

If people want games to be populated and have things going on regularly then that game needs people willing to take the lead and not rely on the council (who, no offence meant here, but I never see doing anything besides the odd Twitch stream). After that we need a calendar that has a use for US not just for Twitch. A place where people can pick a date and get something going because that calendar up there is as much use as a nudist colony in Antarctica.

But people that play will have to take the initiative to do anything.

This may rub a few people up the wrong way but the "hierarchy" here is meaningless. The council and commanders I never see getting involved apart from one solitary thread where a couple of us criticised what was said during their ESO "review" thing. The fact I can name 3 council members but not one single commander is a major issue.

The "game officers" ... I have no words .... I know one .. Ysnar .. who gets involved on a regular basis. The rest of them? Not a damn clue who they are.

Those are the people that SHOULD be trying to get things going but have failed so miserably it's like watching Accrington Stanley trying to win the FA cup. 

People need to stop waiting for things to happen and try it on their own if they want to see games get any sort of population from here.

Gronth, Mantis and like this

Could be the bad attitudes some people have around here that scare off other people. Seems like every other post I read, I see cold sarcasm and rude replies towards people with innocent and legitimate questions and concerns. Like the OP.

Perhaps we can stop throwing turds in other peoples faces just because they asked a simple question. Multigaming community or single game community, a community isn't one if people don't show some respect and act civil toward one another. 

As for the actual topic, yes, it's probably not going to accurately represent the communities activity overall just because of a low activity moment on teamspeak. And also a lot of people simply don't like using voice chat everytime they log on. Sometimes, people are just trying to relax and don't want to have to chat if they're tired from school, work or both.

However the way things are and always will be, is that people will make claims often they won't back up or can't after time. People get busy, lose interest and a number of other factors that mean the number of original active members is sure to go down, probably by half in a month or two. This is normal overall for games, especially after launch. 

If you really want a strong AJSA community, then I think AJ himself should participate in his AJSA guilds as much as possible. Maybe even make community videos on his channel or perhaps a second channel.

I know the common saying is "Don't expect to play with AJ!", but we all know that most people came here exactly for that reason. That's going to be hard of course, I realize he's extremely busy, I know I am. But it would boost morale sky high. Like a warlord on the battlefield along side the common grunt. His presence would do wonders for the community. And if he actually made videos about it, holy shit would that attract more attention AND respect for him as a YouTube content creator.

Only way I see that being possible is to really tighten down the official "back by AJSA" guilds to only guilds he can participate in. Or differentiate between those backed by AJ or simply community driven guilds. 

Just a thought, don't bite my head off. Either way, I'm here and hope to play along side AJSA more in the future. :)

, Gronth and Romeomoon like this

Could be the bad attitudes some people have around here that scare off other people. Seems like every other post I read, I see cold sarcasm and rude replies towards people with innocent and legitimate questions and concerns. Like the OP.

Perhaps we can stop throwing turds in other peoples faces just because they asked a simple question. Multigaming community or single game community, a community isn't one if people don't show some respect and act civil toward one another. 

As for the actual topic, yes, it's probably not going to accurately represent the communities activity overall just because of a low activity moment on teamspeak. And also a lot of people simply don't like using voice chat everytime they log on. Sometimes, people are just trying to relax and don't want to have to chat if they're tired from school, work or both.

However the way things are and always will be, is that people will make claims often they won't back up or can't after time. People get busy, lose interest and a number of other factors that mean the number of original active members is sure to go down, probably by half in a month or two. This is normal overall for games, especially after launch. 

If you really want a strong AJSA community, then I think AJ himself should participate in his AJSA guilds as much as possible. Maybe even make community videos on his channel or perhaps a second channel.

I know the common saying is "Don't expect to play with AJ!", but we all know that most people came here exactly for that reason. That's going to be hard of course, I realize he's extremely busy, I know I am. But it would boost morale sky high. Like a warlord on the battlefield along side the common grunt. His presence would do wonders for the community. And if he actually made videos about it, holy shit would that attract more attention AND respect for him as a YouTube content creator.

Only way I see that being possible is to really tighten down the official "back by AJSA" guilds to only guilds he can participate in. Or differentiate between those backed by AJ or simply community driven guilds. 

Just a thought, don't bite my head off. Either way, I'm here and hope to play along side AJSA more in the future. :)

I said I wasn't trying to be mean to anyone, I just wanted to shed light on a problem, it's fine if you don't always play, but still to have 436 people say they'll play it regularly and then only find like around 1 person in TS and 10 people in-game, that's a little bit strange

That events calendar is absolutely useless.

It's Joe's Twitch calendar, there are no actual game events up there for the community.

Things get mentioned on sub forums some folk don't even know exist (I recently found out about the Dark Souls sub forum thanks to a thread on General) or on Teamspeak that some people don't use.

If people want games to be populated and have things going on regularly then that game needs people willing to take the lead and not rely on the council (who, no offence meant here, but I never see doing anything besides the odd Twitch stream). After that we need a calendar that has a use for US not just for Twitch. A place where people can pick a date and get something going because that calendar up there is as much use as a nudist colony in Antarctica.

But people that play will have to take the initiative to do anything.

This may rub a few people up the wrong way but the "hierarchy" here is meaningless. The council and commanders I never see getting involved apart from one solitary thread where a couple of us criticised what was said during their ESO "review" thing. The fact I can name 3 council members but not one single commander is a major issue.

The "game officers" ... I have no words .... I know one .. Ysnar .. who gets involved on a regular basis. The rest of them? Not a damn clue who they are.

Those are the people that SHOULD be trying to get things going but have failed so miserably it's like watching Accrington Stanley trying to win the FA cup. 

People need to stop waiting for things to happen and try it on their own if they want to see games get any sort of population from here.

I know what you mean, first off, might I begin by commending your Profile Pic, you'll never walk alone, second off (in response to your previous posts) I said I was going to collect data from multiple dates. Third off, I know that a lot of people don't have TS, but in the case of PS2, there's rarely more than 30 people on even though 436 said they'd play it regularly. These numbers are just out of this world and I'm not blaming any one person. I'd just like to play with someone from this community for once, I'd like for there to be more big events instead of just small things. I know for a fact in war thunder that we have events friday, saturday and sunday and rarely anyone shows up even though plenty of people said they'd play it regularly. One addition to someone who consistently plays is Drogoran, he often plays. I don't know about LoL or Dota because I don't play those games. So I'm trying to bash anyone and I know a lot of people have Uni midterms (or finals) too, but still I'd just like for there to be more people. There doesn't even have to be events, I'd just like to play with more people.

oYdADxb.png

You're right, I've only been in one multi-gaming clan so far, but they stuck to sci fi mmos and there were specific sub-clans for every game and in those sub-clans they were primarily made up of hardcore gamers. They wouldn't recruit to the bigger governing body like the AJSA does, but only to the subclans and through those they had access to the bigger governing body. I agree with you that the hype has died down, but do you think that the AJSA will continue in a downward spiral? 

I said I wasn't trying to be mean to anyone, I just wanted to shed light on a problem, it's fine if you don't always play, but still to have 436 people say they'll play it regularly and then only find like around 1 person in TS and 10 people in-game, that's a little bit strange

I know and I was trying to back you up to support your topic. I'm not saying you're trying to be mean, quite the opposite actually. :)